ISU Vs Nebraska

To me our win over Oklahoma was a lot like Iowa St.'s win over us.

How do you figure?

I thought we received some gifts just as Iowa St. did against us.

I see Nebraska as the biggest factor in both games. Against ISU we simply would not hold onto the ball. The majority of the turnovers weren't forced by ISU, they were gaffes on our part. Our own bumbling ways were more of a factor than ISU's aggression. Lee's first INT was a fumble (more bumbling) and his last one was late in the 4th when we had to force the ball downfield. Lee's second INT, also late in the 4th, was a good play by the defender, if I remember correctly.

Against Oklahoma it was exactly the opposite. Our aggression forced five INTs, whether that was because of ball-hawking or pressure on a young QB. Whereas we dropped the ball of our own volition against ISU, we went out and took the ball against OU. Different set of circumstances, I felt.

The one major similarity was the ineptitude of our offense in both games. We just couldn't move the ball against OU, and we couldn't hold onto the ball against ISU.

Enhance, you done with finals yet? I'm sure not, and this thread is keeping me from studying. :ahhhhhhhh

Egh, you kidding? I have a final at 10:00 in the morning and here I am lol.

Luckily, none of my finals are cumulative and they are all based off of similar tests we have had throughout the year. I studied minimally for each of those and averaged a B+. So, I must admit that I will be approaching these in a similar, procrastinating way. :koolaid2:

Would you believe that I've been through 2 full-time years at college and had 0 cumulative finals? Not helping my long term studay habits... <_<

Well I won't knock on UNO, but I have definitely noticed (from my buddies that went there) that they do nowhere near the homework I do and they study significantly less than I do. I've been invited to three parties this week from those guys, and it's finals week. Who does that?

I've only had one cumulative final and that was in a math class. There might have been one other mixed in there. Oh well, we can suffer through UNL together next year.

A KNOCK ON UNO?! That' new. :sarcasm

UNO is kinda like an fancy overpriced CC

ps Screw UNO, in case that wasn't projected

Really? Even my fancy low priced MCC education taught me the proper use of the word an. :)

Touche, sir. :worship

If they have confidence because they beat us at home for the first time in 30+ years after we GAVE them 8 turnovers, well, we'll just see what happens when we don't turn it over 8 times

I remember playing them in Lincoln in 1993, the year after they beat us in Ames 19-10. We got tickets in the ISU section (the only time I've ever sat in the visitor's section at Memorial Stadium). We were having a nice conversation with the fans in front of us, and eventually it turned into how everyone thought they'd do against us this year (1993). They were very confident that they would win, or at the very least make it a four-quarter struggle. ISU had Doxzon at QB and some decent RB they were pinning their hopes on, and we were trying to tell them as gently as possible that it didn't seem likely that this would be a close game, especially after they beat us last year. I think we scored two times in the first ten minutes or so, and the wind went out of everyone's sails.

The good news was we had plenty of room to stretch out in the second half. Most of the ISU fans were gone by then.

To me our win over Oklahoma was a lot like Iowa St.'s win over us.

How do you figure?

I thought we received some gifts just as Iowa St. did against us.

I see Nebraska as the biggest factor in both games. Against ISU we simply would not hold onto the ball. The majority of the turnovers weren't forced by ISU, they were gaffes on our part. Our own bumbling ways were more of a factor than ISU's aggression. Lee's first INT was a fumble (more bumbling) and his last one was late in the 4th when we had to force the ball downfield. Lee's second INT, also late in the 4th, was a good play by the defender, if I remember correctly.

Against Oklahoma it was exactly the opposite. Our aggression forced five INTs, whether that was because of ball-hawking or pressure on a young QB. Whereas we dropped the ball of our own volition against ISU, we went out and took the ball against OU. Different set of circumstances, I felt.

The one major similarity was the ineptitude of our offense in both games. We just couldn't move the ball against OU, and we couldn't hold onto the ball against ISU.

exactly, the fumbles were flukes. but interceptions are forced. that is almost always the case (except with Gomes). the iowa st game was unlike anything i had ever seen, regardless of team.

exactly, the fumbles were flukes. but interceptions are forced. that is almost always the case (except with Gomes). the iowa st game was unlike anything i had ever seen, regardless of team.

This.

And if anyone can bear to watch it youtube has the fiasco with music straight out of Chevy Chase's Funny Farm movie.

Edit: The last few weren't all our offense's fault

but really the last two interceptions come from forced play at the end of a game we should have already been winning...i think three turnovers we had were actually legit

and don't underestimate the front four's affect of pressuring the qb to cause those interceptions.

i wouldnt say that theyll finish last in the big 12, ill reserve that right for kansas or baylor at this point but isu is no better than a 9th place finisher imo.

Husker B Rent- Say it isn't so my old friend? We got Gill Baby!! Our 3-5 Big 12 North Record should be enough to get us out of the celler. Plus our South schedule flips. We play Baylor, OSU-who lost even more then KU did, and Texas A&M.

i wouldnt say that theyll finish last in the big 12, ill reserve that right for kansas or baylor at this point but isu is no better than a 9th place finisher imo.

Husker B Rent- Say it isn't so my old friend? We got Gill Baby!! Our 3-5 Big 12 North Record should be enough to get us out of the celler. Plus our South schedule flips. We play Baylor, OSU-who lost even more then KU did, and Texas A&M.

I was like... "We don't play Baylor this year...?" But then I remembered you're a Jayhawks fan. You need a Kansas avatar or something. :)