Osborne awaits parameters

I think you're drastically underestimating Dana Altman's ability, Fro. He's a decent BB coach.

he is decent. but your kidding yourself if you think he was anywhere near the top of a wish list. 2 million seems like a lot of money for Altman.

He is not top tier or elite though. He has had a destinct advantage over other valley teams for the last 7 seasons and has produced one league winner and 2 tourney one and dones. He had a hell of a run from 2000-2005 but did little in the six seasons before and the last five since. Maybe he will surprise me, but he looks more and more like a decent coach who hit a jackpot in the early 00's

but thats just one guys opinion. I am sure others feel like I do just like i know others feel differently

I'm not saying he's a world-beater, and I'm not privy to their coaching search, but there was a time not that long ago when Altman was considered one of the hot prospects for the big-time coaching ranks. Teams throw money at the wrong coach all the time, anyway.

I sent a message to some Ducks fans I talk to on another board. I'll let you know what they say about Oregon's search and what they expect from Altman.

I think you're drastically underestimating Dana Altman's ability, Fro. He's a decent BB coach.

he is decent. but your kidding yourself if you think he was anywhere near the top of a wish list. 2 million seems like a lot of money for Altman.

He is not top tier or elite though. He has had a destinct advantage over other valley teams for the last 7 seasons and has produced one league winner and 2 tourney one and dones. He had a hell of a run from 2000-2005 but did little in the six seasons before and the last five since. Maybe he will surprise me, but he looks more and more like a decent coach who hit a jackpot in the early 00's

but thats just one guys opinion. I am sure others feel like I do just like i know others feel differently

I'm not saying he's a world-beater, and I'm not privy to their coaching search, but there was a time not that long ago when Altman was considered one of the hot prospects for the big-time coaching ranks. Teams throw money at the wrong coach all the time, anyway.

I sent a message to some Ducks fans I talk to on another board. I'll let you know what they say about Oregon's search and what they expect from Altman.

from what i've read, i don't think they are too excited. and i think it is because he is being perceived as a last resort option. the ad should have got ahead of the story and sold the fans on him being a perfect fit for the school. however, i think a lot of big time coaches don't want to be under the thumb of nike.

full disclaimer: i'm pretty bitter towards altman and do not think he is that great of a coach. he peaked, and it was downhill from there. he is good at coaching hard working overachievers, but he cannot coach anyone with natural talent. also, i think he is a pretty bad game coach.

fwiw: i've jumped to the NU bball bandwagon, i think there's plenty of room.

Never have looked.

Is the Big 10 network available in Nebraska as we speak.

Is it available in other markets that are not affiliated with the Big 10?

I have not seen it advertised in California.

We keep talking about the National draw of Nebraska. I agree with it in sales for advertisement on the Network, but I find it hard to believe that Nebraska fans will have access to the Big 10 network in Hawaii or Washington.

Correct me if I am wrong, not anywhere near the TV to check the guide.

They want us for our name and only that. We would not be added for viewers.

Bringing in Rutgers, would allow the Network to be sold in New York if it isn't now. I would guess there are many grads of the Big 10 schools living in that footprint.

Never have looked.

We keep talking about the National draw of Nebraska. I agree with it in sales for advertisement on the Network, but I find it hard to believe that Nebraska fans will have access to the Big 10 network in Hawaii or Washington.

Bringing in Rutgers, would allow the Network to be sold in New York if it isn't now. I would guess there are many grads of the Big 10 schools living in that footprint.

i got the sports package for dish network, and it came with that. although i never watched it.

Never have looked.

Q: Who can get the Big Ten Network?

A: The Big Ten Network is available to up to 75 million homes nationwide. The Big Ten Network is available across North America on satellite providers such as DIRECTV, DISH Network and Shaw Direct (Canada), telco companies such as Verizon FiOS and AT&T U-Verse, and on cable in 19 of America's top 20 media markets.

The network has cable distribution agreements with Cablevision, Charter Communications, Comcast Cable, Cox Communications (Cleveland, Arizona, Arkansas, Kansas, Omaha), Insight Communications, Mediacom, Time Warner Cable, RCN, WOW!, Rogers Cable (Canada), Shaw and Shaw Direct (Canada) and about 300 additional cable operators across North America.

Customers of DIRECTV and DISH Network have access to the network regardless of where they live. Verizon FiOS and AT&T U-Verse offer the Big Ten Network in their service areas.

Cable subscribers inside the eight Big Ten states receive the network on either an expanded basic or digital basic level of service.

Outside the eight states, cable operators who carry the network make it available on a variety of packages.

Select markets where the network is available are listed below. If you do not see your city listed here, contact your local cable system office to see if there are plans to add the network. You may also enter your zip code in the ChannelFinder feature to find out if the Big Ten Network is already available in your area.

LINK

I stand corrected, I have had little interest in the conference for many years.

But I will look into getting it if available. I would like to follow Wisconsin a little closer.

Thanks Nexus, sd'sker.

:thumbs

Never have looked.

i have it in my HD channels with Cox in Omaha

i pretty much respect all opinions on here. even though I do NOT want it to happen i'm still pissed the B8 broke up, N would be the best fit in a new B10...skers fan, you are the bomb, you always bring a sense of levity to the board, but in this case you are just plain wrong in thinking about the overall strength of the B10 conference with N aboard...

think about it from our and their perspective:

yes $ rule the day (and we'd make some, and they'd make some...definitely no one LOSES) but we're talking a new powerhouse conference...who do you think of power players for multiple years and years? Nebraska or Rutgers? on curiosity alone we get 5 years, on brand recognition we get 10 yrs and on matchups (N versus PSU, M, OSU, WI, IA,?) Then another 5 before rivalries and schedules come out...we're talking 15 years easy of marketing value alone....

whatever, i want us to stay in B12 at least long enough to say we dominated before we switched but i'm also up and up on reality that if we move, it will be what it will be. and no matter what, we will be fine.

Never have looked.

i have it in my HD channels with Cox in Omaha

Same here in Kansas City and it pisses me off. Unless we end up joining.

chuckleshuffle