So with the arena vote in the bag, I have been hearing an East Stadium expansion will be announced in a few weeks. I guess there will be sky boxes, a new club level under the current balcony, and a future spot for 15k seats. I always thought the soil under East was a little shaky and that was why they didn't expand over there, and part of me will be sad to see the old facade go (although I am sure they will save it like on the west side). I wonder about have 100k show up every week. I'm sure they have ran the numbers and they must be confident about keeping the sell out alive, and expanding. On the up side once this is done I would think we have the premier facilites in all of D1 schools, new arena, Haymarket Park, Memorial, etc.

I dont think it will be problem getting a 100k to show up. The been hearing rumors about the East Stadium for a awhile now. But I dont believe its gonna happen soon, I think its gonna be a couple of years before we see the east stadium renovation. We just got done with the North Stadium, just added new ribbon boards and new video screens, plus I believe we are still paying for a certain coaches' contract. I think the donors want a break from forking over money to the university.

why i think expansion will happen, i would be surprised if it happened in the next decade. Put aside the new basketball arena, big change is coming and settling in to the big 10 or wherever the conference shake up plays out will be the number one priority. 85000 is nothing to be ashamed of for awhile.

A new sound system should be one of the first things on tap..... :facepalm::facepalm:

:cheers

I third that. I sit in the North endzone during the season so sound is not problem, but for the Spring game I sat at the 50 on the east side and it was horrible!! I could not believe how bad it was. Why wouldn't they put a speaker by each of the screens in the Southeast and SW corners to get the stadium surrounded in? I just don't get it. Of all that has been done with the stadium I would think something like this would be plenty feasible cost wise.

Sipple wrote an article on this topic today

“Let’s say we have 30 people who said, ‘Yeah, we really would like a skybox,’” Osborne said. “And if we had 600 or 800 people who said we’d like club seats, and 3,000 or 4,000 people who said they’d like season tickets who don’t have them, then we’d certainly begin to think seriously about (stadium expansion)“

Naturally, we’re very concerned about keeping our sellout streak going if we can,” Osborne added

Link

"Let's say we have 30 people who said, 'Yeah, we really would like a skybox,'" Osborne said. "And if we had 600 or 800 people who said we'd like club seats, and 3,000 or 4,000 people who said they'd like season tickets who don't have them, then we'd certainly begin to think seriously about (stadium expansion)"

Naturally, we're very concerned about keeping our sellout streak going if we can," Osborne added

Link

Good article. I am glad to hear they want to defend the sellout streak. I wonder how far we could go and keep it rolling, 90k should be easy, maybe even 95k, although if we have some bad years again I dont know if could defend it.. I find it interesting about the club seat revenue. I sat in the club balcony for the spring game, and found it worse than my normal seats. I am 6'7" and the lack of leg room caused by the seat back in front of me was unreal. I had hoped in 10-15 years to have enough points to move up there but not anymore. Maybe if they do it again they will put in some extra leg room.

"Let's say we have 30 people who said, 'Yeah, we really would like a skybox,'" Osborne said. "And if we had 600 or 800 people who said we'd like club seats, and 3,000 or 4,000 people who said they'd like season tickets who don't have them, then we'd certainly begin to think seriously about (stadium expansion)"

Naturally, we're very concerned about keeping our sellout streak going if we can," Osborne added

Link

Good article. I am glad to hear they want to defend the sellout streak. I wonder how far we could go and keep it rolling, 90k should be easy, maybe even 95k, although if we have some bad years again I dont know if could defend it.. I find it interesting about the club seat revenue. I sat in the club balcony for the spring game, and found it worse than my normal seats. I am 6'7" and the lack of leg room caused by the seat back in front of me was unreal. I had hoped in 10-15 years to have enough points to move up there but not anymore. Maybe if they do it again they will put in some extra leg room.

i just wondered if we would end up like michigan...with so many seats(ie 100k), i wonder if we would only sell out for big games...think, could we really get 100k to show up for south dakota state

I think the best solution (that won't ever happen) would be adding an expansion that, if seating continued the way it is now in the rest of the stadium, put us over 100k, but then giving everywhere int he stadium with bleacher seating extra room (ie taking away one or two "seats" per row) so people have more room, and we still increase the capacity of the stadium by ~8-10k.

Link

i just wondered if we would end up like michigan...with so many seats(ie 100k), i wonder if we would only sell out for big games...think, could we really get 100k to show up for south dakota state

Dont they count the sellout streak on how many tickets sold? I remember going to the baylor game about 5 or 6 years ago, you could literally lounge on the row in front and behind you. I saw empty seats all over the stadium.

• Fire 1

Dont they count the sellout streak on how many tickets sold? I remember going to the baylor game about 5 or 6 years ago, you could literally lounge on the row in front and behind you. I saw empty seats all over the stadium.

Not to be too big of a dick, but isn't that what a sellout streak is, selling all of the tickets? No one could show up, but if they sold all of the tickets then the game was sold out.

Not to be too big of a dick, but isn't that what a sellout streak is, selling all of the tickets? No one could show up, but if they sold all of the tickets then the game was sold out.

Yes thats what as was asking, if counted the sellout streak by how many tickets sold or how many went through the gate??? Just wandering if they prehaps changed the protocal on the how the sellout streak was counted.

I guess i shouldve re worded the question.

Yes thats what as was asking, if counted the sellout streak by how many tickets sold or how many went through the gate??? Just wandering if they prehaps changed the protocal on the how the sellout streak was counted.

I guess i shouldve re worded the question.

Yes this is how its done. You cold have zero attendance but still sell all the tickets, and the game would be sold out.