SIGNED CB Charles Jackson

So it was an online class?

By now everyone should realize I'm close to this situation, I'm not CJ or RP, and from my understanding of what's going on is the NCAA Eligibility Center made an error from the start thinking these were online/computer based courses and are now trying to say they don't think they were "core-curriculum" (last time I looked Alg, Spanish, and Physics were in the 16 core courses required for NCAA Eligiblity according to their website). Also in the state of Texas a student, depending on District, can take as many classes in the summer that the school allows for credit. Not to get into too much detail, it's all riding on the appeal from the school in question, Nebraska can't do anything. A good thing here is the School District is watching because it feels no wrong has been done. I know some will say "if CJ would have....." but that's not the point anymore. CJ woke up late like most kids and has done nothing but bust his ass to correct his mistake, IMO he has, and because somebody at N.E.C assumed his classes last year were online he gets heldup. Got to love America were murderers, rapist, and other prisoners can get a free college education from tax payers but some kids can't even get student loans or get cleared to attend college on a scholorship!

Yeah, maybe you mentioned online classes before and I missed it. Those are a slippery slope right now, not as "norm" as college credits taken online.

They will be, very soon. In fact it would not shock me if in the next 5 years we have a good % of high school students taking classes online, I think most homeschooled kids will switch over to it and it will also give high school teachers a great chance to earn extra money.

Right now though, at the high school level, those online classes are very new, same at the undergrad level. There is a lot of "gray" with them at times.

There is a lot of grey because like the motgage business 10 years ago, another so called "accredited" school pops up every 20 seconds.

By now everyone should realize I'm close to this situation, I'm not CJ or RP, and from my understanding of what's going on is the NCAA Eligibility Center made an error from the start thinking these were online/computer based courses and are now trying to say they don't think they were "core-curriculum" (last time I looked Alg, Spanish, and Physics were in the 16 core courses required for NCAA Eligiblity according to their website). Also in the state of Texas a student, depending on District, can take as many classes in the summer that the school allows for credit. Not to get into too much detail, it's all riding on the appeal from the school in question, Nebraska can't do anything. A good thing here is the School District is watching because it feels no wrong has been done. I know some will say "if CJ would have....." but that's not the point anymore. CJ woke up late like most kids and has done nothing but bust his ass to correct his mistake, IMO he has, and because somebody at N.E.C assumed his classes last year were online he gets heldup. Got to love America were murderers, rapist, and other prisoners can get a free college education from tax payers but some kids can't even get student loans or get cleared to attend college on a scholorship!

Yeah, maybe you mentioned online classes before and I missed it. Those are a slippery slope right now, not as "norm" as college credits taken online.

They will be, very soon. In fact it would not shock me if in the next 5 years we have a good % of high school students taking classes online, I think most homeschooled kids will switch over to it and it will also give high school teachers a great chance to earn extra money.

Right now though, at the high school level, those online classes are very new, same at the undergrad level. There is a lot of "gray" with them at times.

There is a lot of grey because like the motgage business 10 years ago, another so called "accredited" school pops up every 20 seconds.

Don't know about the "motgage" business... ;) but this school has been in this community for 10 years. Quite a few student-athletes have gotten credits.

Don't know about the "motgage" business... ;) but this school has been in this community for 10 years. Quite a few student-athletes have gotten credits.

I work at a community college that offers high school online courses. They are basically for students who may not have had a passing grade in a class, missed a bunch of class or whatever. They basically just help students get the classes they need to graduate high school. Not a lot of students take them, but definitely helpful.

Obviously I don't have any info on CJ, but these online classes are set up with the school district to make sure they meet the SD's curriculum needs. I'd imagine it's the same in Texas and that the NCAAEC should know that. Then again, there's a lot they should know...

I work at a community college that offers high school online courses. They are basically for students who may not have had a passing grade in a class, missed a bunch of class or whatever. They basically just help students get the classes they need to graduate high school. Not a lot of students take them, but definitely helpful.

Obviously I don't have any info on CJ, but these online classes are set up with the school district to make sure they meet the SD's curriculum needs. I'd imagine it's the same in Texas and that the NCAAEC should know that. Then again, there's a lot they should know...

The problem that is baffling folks here is the classes Jackson took were not online courses, so why is the NCAA having issue with him. The summer school course work is the same time frame as the districts (2 weeks) for full credit, the school has been accredited for the last 10 years and the district has never had issue with the school. It's like they has no consistency with clearing these kids!

FWIW....should know something this week on CJ per conversation. The reality here is Jackson did what his HS counselor and coach had planned for him since mid JR year, and IMO this is a NCAA issue that shouldn't be happening. If you feel this is wrong, send a little shout out to your maker! :bonesflag:

Sounds like this kid is getting screwed. NCAA needs to learn their own damn rules! THey should be spending more time cleaning up the filth of boosters and players receiving illegal benefits, rather than thumbing their noses at a kid who has worked his ass off to become eligible. Telling CJ he has the fullest support of the Husker fan base and for him to just hang in there!

GBR!

• Fire 1

FWIW....should know something this week on CJ per conversation. The reality here is Jackson did what his HS counselor and coach had planned for him since mid JR year, and IMO this is a NCAA issue that shouldn't be happening. If you feel this is wrong, send a little shout out to your maker! :bonesflag:

Sounds like this kid is getting screwed. NCAA needs to learn their own damn rules! THey should be spending more time cleaning up the filth of boosters and players receiving illegal benefits, rather than thumbing their noses at a kid who has worked his ass off to become eligible. Telling CJ he has the fullest support of the Husker fan base and for him to just hang in there!

GBR!

I will pass on that info the next time I see him!

The NCAA needs to do right by its constituent athletes, and worry about enforcing the rules against the real troublemaker institutions that deserve much worse than they have already gotten.

Hear, hear! Agree 100%.

Guys like CJ who bust their ass to make grades and do something with their lives athletically and educationally should not be handcuffed for crumbs of credit. What kind of institution would so blatantly discourage hard work by saying that a ridiculous technicality could have you sitting out a semester or worse? A system like that is cancerous, especially considering how filthy the world of college athletics has been proven to be across the country. How the NCAA even finds time to worry about someone like CJ with the mess of violations going on a major programs across the country is mind boggling.

• 2 weeks later...

Suppose to be some news coming on CJ soon. Also for those who would like you can follow Charles' Dad on twitter @YRSports. He's been taking pop shots at the NCAA and heard he got in touch with OWH and some other news folks. Guess we'll see what happens.

keeping those fingers crossed......