SIGNED CB Charles Jackson

So it was an online class?

By now everyone should realize I'm close to this situation, I'm not CJ or RP, and from my understanding of what's going on is the NCAA Eligibility Center made an error from the start thinking these were online/computer based courses and are now trying to say they don't think they were "core-curriculum" (last time I looked Alg, Spanish, and Physics were in the 16 core courses required for NCAA Eligiblity according to their website). Also in the state of Texas a student, depending on District, can take as many classes in the summer that the school allows for credit. Not to get into too much detail, it's all riding on the appeal from the school in question, Nebraska can't do anything. A good thing here is the School District is watching because it feels no wrong has been done. I know some will say "if CJ would have....." but that's not the point anymore. CJ woke up late like most kids and has done nothing but bust his ass to correct his mistake, IMO he has, and because somebody at N.E.C assumed his classes last year were online he gets heldup. Got to love America were murderers, rapist, and other prisoners can get a free college education from tax payers but some kids can't even get student loans or get cleared to attend college on a scholorship!

This is a little off topic but kind of applies to your point about free education for those who don't follow the rules.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/california-law-opens-private-funding-for-illegal-immigrant-students-public-funding-could-follow/

To your point, I wonder if CJ should sue the clearinghouse. I believe we had a couple of student athletes go that route. Of course that takes money and college is expensive enough the way it is.

Classes Jackson took did fall under the approved list of courses. This is why the family is so upset, plus u have another D1 athlete in the same class with no issue? Plain n simple, NCAA dropped the ball on this one. Kid gets his sh** together, does the right thing, and these guys want to check classes from a year ago...but they took his class this pass summer. I don't get it.

The Architect can correct me if I'm wrong, but the kid who was cleared by the NCAA ended up at Texas.

Weird how that works, eh? <_<

Classes Jackson took did fall under the approved list of courses. This is why the family is so upset, plus u have another D1 athlete in the same class with no issue? Plain n simple, NCAA dropped the ball on this one. Kid gets his sh** together, does the right thing, and these guys want to check classes from a year ago...but they took his class this pass summer. I don't get it.

The Architect can correct me if I'm wrong, but the kid who was cleared by the NCAA ended up at Texas.

That's f'd up if true. We're talking about a kids futures here and the NCAA turns a blind eye and helps another kid instead to get into Texas.

You are correct. The Texas recruit was in Jacksons' Alg class.

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Texas Tech is now trying to get at Jackson. Sounds like many schools thought Jackson was at Nebraska, but word has spread quickly when he and his Dad was at a HS game last Thursday. Arkansas is also trying to get back into the conversation other then those two nothing new.

So does he still want to come to Nebraska? Or are these other schools gaining ground and he might want to go elsewhere? Can he go somewhere else is he has signed a LOI and not gone to a junior college?

Texas Tech is now trying to get at Jackson. Sounds like many schools thought Jackson was at Nebraska, but word has spread quickly when he and his Dad was at a HS game last Thursday. Arkansas is also trying to get back into the conversation other then those two nothing new.

So does he still want to come to Nebraska? Or are these other schools gaining ground and he might want to go elsewhere? Can he go somewhere else is he has signed a LOI and not gone to a junior college?

Yes. Not to my knowledge. LOI from Nebraska was voided because he didn't make it in the Spring from what I gathered so technically Jackson is a recruit for 2012. Other schools can take a shot at getting him to change. IMO, that will be hard but they will try.