SIGNED CB Charles Jackson

***********UPDATE************

There has been some rumblings, and I do mean rumblings, on how the NCAA is handling Jackson's eligibility. All I know is that it has something to do with the courses he took last summer and some "new rule" that the NCAA has about eligibility which has the family pissed. Once I know more I will try to make sense of this development. FWIW his grades are solid in this one class he's taking which ends tomorrow!

The last I heard he had to maintain a B in the course he was taking, and he had an A. If the clearing house screws us over again, I might loose my freakin' mind.

There has been some rumblings, and I do mean rumblings, on how the NCAA is handling Jackson's eligibility. All I know is that it has something to do with the courses he took last summer and some "new rule" that the NCAA has about eligibility which has the family pissed. Once I know more I will try to make sense of this development. FWIW his grades are solid in this one class he's taking which ends tomorrow!

The last I heard he had to maintain a B in the course he was taking, and he had an A. If the clearing house screws us over again, I might loose my freakin' mind.

Apparently this just surfaced on them. Rick is contacting Talman about the situation which will be on RSS.

Why is there always something? Man I hope for Charles sake the everything works out ok. The kid has potential to be an absolute stud.

Just speaking from a teaching/education standpoint, there is nothing the NCAA can do IF any class was taken at an accredited school, Junior College or online institution.

Now, if it was not one of those, then there is a gray area.

I was told where Jackson took the courses they are accredited.

Just speaking from a teaching/education standpoint, there is nothing the NCAA can do IF any class was taken at an accredited school, Junior College or online institution.

That is a good sign then.

When you say "there's nothing the NCAA can do" what do you mean? There's an obstacle here that I can not disclose unless the family allows me however I feel you might know something that might speed things up.

When you say "there's nothing the NCAA can do" what do you mean? There's an obstacle here that I can not disclose unless the family allows me however I feel you might know something that might speed things up.

No problem, if a student attends an accredited high school, JC or takes classes online from an accredited high school (there are not to many but some high schools work with students) or JC, then the NCAA has no way to hold things up. The NCAA works WITH accredited schools, not against them. The NCAA has issues with what has been coined "Diploma mills".

These are the things that you would check into.

1. Is the school accredited (you said it was, so thats good)

2. Was the class taken at his high school (classes taken outside the students school will get a red flag OR be very very delayed in getting reported to the new school or NCAA, this is totally common)

3. Was the class taken in an area that was required (The NCAA has some new rules about core classes)

4. Was the class graded or was is pass/no pass (this can cause a hold up sometimes)

That is all I can think of right now, if it is nothing that falls under those things then I would have to know what it was to have an idea of what the issue is. The safest thing to do is talk to the principal or superintendent of the school and have them deal with the NCAA.

No problem, if a student attends an accredited high school, JC or takes classes online from an accredited high school (there are not to many but some high schools work with students) or JC, then the NCAA has no way to hold things up. The NCAA works WITH accredited schools, not against them. The NCAA has issues with what has been coined "Diploma mills".

2. Was the class taken at his high school (classes taken outside the students school will get a red flag OR be very very delayed in getting reported to the new school or NCAA, this is totally common)

3. Was the class taken in an area that was required (The NCAA has some new rules about core classes)

4. Was the class graded or was is pass/no pass (this can cause a hold up sometimes)

That is all I can think of right now, if it is nothing that falls under those things then I would have to know what it was to have an idea of what the issue is. The safest thing to do is talk to the principal or superintendent of the school and have them deal with the NCAA.

teachercd will get CJ here on will power alone. :)

HAHA!

Usually its really not an issue at all, so it tends to take something big to cause problems. Hurricane Katrina displaced tons of kids and thousands of schools records were either ruined (you would be shocked how many at that time were still done on paper) or never made it to the new schools.

So if it is something like that I can see how and why there would be so many hold ups but in this case, its probably just some weird class.

I would use my will power for something like, winning the lottery or maybe winning the lottery twice! That way I could be like one of those guys that spends all the money really fasy and is broke, but then I just win it again!

He took Alg II a&b, Physics A&B, and Spanish A&B, all 4-5 hrs long from what I'm told.

1) we're clear

2)taken at Private School & grades transfered fine to HS transcript

3)all core

4)grades, c's.b's, and a's

I'm hearing the problem maybe that he took so many, but there's no limit on how many courses you can take in the summer. Hell as long as their core why should that matter?

For the last two weeks (or more) its been pretty doubtful he'll be joining us this fall. I think the class he took last summer which was recommended by his HS advisor actually fell outside the list of approved classes (or so I'm told) that would help improve his grades in his core GPA. Sounds like he's going to fall just short because his academic advisor is a moron. They're still trying to get the class approved by submitting the class syllabus and curriculum but its a long shot.