SIGNED CB Charles Jackson

Read the whole article. All that it sounds like was that he wanted to know what was happening is all. He also said "I just wish Marvin Sanders was going to be there." Well we all do Charles. Not like he was fired.

I disagree. Technically, he was not fired. However, it appears that his resignation was not voluntary. One of those deals where you give each side a chance to save face and make the situation look a little bit better. Had he not resigned, he probably would've been fired, or his contract not renewed, or said that he was retiring..... whichever way they wanted to spin it so that the wording made it appear that he was not fired.

Read the whole article. All that it sounds like was that he wanted to know what was happening is all. He also said "I just wish Marvin Sanders was going to be there." Well we all do Charles. Not like he was fired.

I disagree. Technically, he was not fired. However, it appears that his resignation was not voluntary. One of those deals where you give each side a chance to save face and make the situation look a little bit better. Had he not resigned, he probably would've been fired, or his contract not renewed, or said that he was retiring..... whichever way they wanted to spin it so that the wording made it appear that he was not fired.

it sounds like bo's hands may be tied in the matter and that he had no choice in removing sanders from the staff. it also sounds like bo may be legally forbidden from releasing the reason behind the resignation, which would have made it difficult to explain to recruits. i'm not entirely comfortable with the idea of getting kids to sign and then pulling a switch on them, but i also don't know the whole situation, so i'm not going to assume that our coaches were purposefully acting in an underhanded fashion.

as bo said, he will still be the head coach. the blackshirts will still be the blackshirts, UNL will still be UNL, and memorial stadium will still be sold out every saturday with 80,000 crazy people wearing red. i feel for jackson in this situation, but he's still largely going to be getting what he signed up for.

it sounds like bo's hands may be are tied in the matter and he had no choice in removing sanders from the staff. it also sounds like bo may be legally forbidden from releasing the reason behind the resignation, which would have made it difficult to explain to recruits. i'm not entirely comfortable with the idea of getting kids to sign and then pulling a switch on them, but i also don't know the whole situation, so i'm not going to assume that our coaches were purposefully acting in an underhanded fashion.

as bo said, he will still be the head coach. the blackshirts will still be the blackshirts, UNL will still be UNL, and memorial stadium will still be sold out every saturday with 80,000 crazy people wearing red. i feel for jackson in this situation, but he's still largely going to be getting what he signed up for.

Fixed it for you.

Qualification red flags brought up again on Big Red Wrap Up. Saying he has some work to do this spring.

let's hope that he fully appreciates the importance of his school work this semester. it would be a big blow both to NU and to CJ's development to have him go to a juco.

I hope the coaches smooth it over with him to keep him motivated to do his school work. If not he may tank his classes and use the JUCO route as his escape hatch to his LOI.

Qualification red flags brought up again on Big Red Wrap Up. Saying he has some work to do this spring.

let's hope that he fully appreciates the importance of his school work this semester. it would be a big blow both to NU and to CJ's development to have him go to a juco.

I hope the coaches smooth it over with him to keep him motivated to do his school work. If not he may tank his classes and use the JUCO route as his escape hatch to his LOI.

Can't see him doing that on purpose. Sure it would let him go anywhere he wants, but he'd burn a year playing at a JUCO where he could compete for PT at a four-year.

His Dad was just on 1620 and said Charles is happy and Coach Pelini has explained the situation. He is not happy how Dirk handled it in his article and how ESPN picked up on that and started to spin it.

Dirk Chatlin now has zero credibility in my book.

hasn't had any with me for a while. it has become clear that he holds a grudge against bo for not being open enough with the press.

His Dad was just on 1620 and said Charles is happy and Coach Pelini has explained the situation. He is not happy how Dirk handled it in his article and how ESPN picked up on that and started to spin it.

Dirk Chatlin now has zero credibility in my book.

hasn't had any with me for a while. it has become clear that he holds a grudge against bo for not being open enough with the press.

Sure was funny to listen to him try to stir the pot and pi$$ Bo off during the teleconference, though. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...