SIGNED CB Charles Jackson

CJ will be a starter opposite to C. Evans next year. Along with Cooper and Harvey as safties, this will be one oustanding secondary.

I hope by next year you mean in 2012. I don't think Fonzie is gonna be sitting on the sidelines.

Looks like the NCAA strikes again. Jackson will not be in Lincoln as planned until August. He has to take another class to qualify based on GPA NCAA calculated which was not what they wanted to hear. This is a blow to Jackson however he understands it's nobodies fault but his own. If he would've studied harder early on, he would not leave his fate to the NCAA. A side note though, his dad has been working out with CJ and other college bound athletes to prepare them for the two-a-days to come.

CJ will be a starter opposite to C. Evans next year. Along with Cooper and Harvey as safties, this will be one oustanding secondary.

i'm guessing osborne and pj might have something to say about who starts at safety in 2012. you're probably right about the corners, though i wouldn't count out green, mitchell or bell. either way, we should continue having great secondaries for the foreseeable future.

Corners - DENNARD Evans (Mitchell, Middleton, Green, and Bell are all pushing very hard.

Safties - Osbourne and Cooper. Just my prediction, a lot of time left and a lot of guys pushing hard.

i'm guessing osborne and pj might have something to say about who starts at safety in 2012. you're probably right about the corners, though i wouldn't count out green, mitchell or bell. either way, we should continue having great secondaries for the foreseeable future.

Corners - DENNARD Evans (Mitchell, Middleton, Green, and Bell are all pushing very hard.

Safties - Osbourne and Cooper. Just my prediction, a lot of time left and a lot of guys pushing hard.

IMO, When Jackson makes it to Lincoln, gets reps, he will be in the rotation. Too physical of a corner to keep on the sideline and if Beck gets a chance to use him on the offensive side of the ball....(speechless). CJ tore it up at WR at A&M camp, ran the ball very well during his SR season, and special teams..example 2 fake punts of over 50yds, 2 TD's. Dude's an athlete and Bo n Co. will take his raw talent to the NFL, IMO.

• Fire 1

IMO, When Jackson makes it to Lincoln, gets reps, he will be in the rotation. Too physical of a corner to keep on the sideline and if Beck gets a chance to use him on the offensive side of the ball....(speechless). CJ tore it up at WR at A&M camp, ran the ball very well during his SR season, and special teams..example 2 fake punts of over 50yds, 2 TD's. Dude's an athlete and Bo n Co. will take his raw talent to the NFL, IMO.

Not saying he can't, but he will have his work cut out for him as soon as he gets here if he wants to play immediately.

Not saying he can't, but he will have his work cut out for him as soon as he gets here if he wants to play immediately.

No doubt, no doubt! He needs to make sure his mind is right before he steps foot in Lincoln! Like you said, he will have his work cut out for him!

I'm just hoping CJ gets here soon. As I'm sure him and everyone else is.

*********UPDATE***********

CJ one week progress and he got an A! Stay on them books CJ and you can control your future!

celebration.gif

Keep working CJ!

• Fire 1

I hope by next year you mean in 2012. I don't think Fonzie is gonna be sitting on the sidelines.

Yes 2012, sorry for the confusion.

***********UPDATE************

There has been some rumblings, and I do mean rumblings, on how the NCAA is handling Jackson's eligibility. All I know is that it has something to do with the courses he took last summer and some "new rule" that the NCAA has about eligibility which has the family pissed. Once I know more I will try to make sense of this development. FWIW his grades are solid in this one class he's taking which ends tomorrow!