Greetings from Missouri. What We're Hearing from about Expansion...

I truly beleive that we are on the verge of beating Texas more often then losing to them. Even in our down years we played them close. I would love to see them in the Big Ten and in our division so we would play them every year.

One thing that bothers me about leaving for the Big Ten is that people will say we are running from Texas.

who cares...i just want to see texas get left out in the cold :koolaid2:

I truly beleive that we are on the verge of beating Texas more often then losing to them. Even in our down years we played them close. I would love to see them in the Big Ten and in our division so we would play them every year.

One thing that bothers me about leaving for the Big Ten is that people will say we are running from Texas.

who cares...i just want to see texas get left out in the cold :koolaid2:

:yeah I want them to reap what they have sowed.

I dont know about Texas, I hope they stay home and try to be the next ND. I thought ND had a 30 year contract with NBC, and if fast math works, they would be coming to the end of that. NBC might not be willing to resign ND for obvious reasons, so this might have some more traction than we think. ND-NU was shaping up to be a great rivalry back during the Four horseman days, and I think it would be neat to see that started again.

I dont know about Texas, I hope they stay home and try to be the next ND. I thought ND had a 30 year contract with NBC, and if fast math works, they would be coming to the end of that. NBC might not be willing to resign ND for obvious reasons, so this might have some more traction than we think. ND-NU was shaping up to be a great rivalry back during the Four horseman days, and I think it would be neat to see that started again.

ND's NBC contract expires in 2015.

It's an absolute smokescreen. The only southern team he'd like is UT. Who else is available? Answer: No one.

Delaney is going about this correctly, which is no surprise. The dude is smart... look at what he's done with the Big 10 and their network; they were bottom or the barrel just a few years ago. Now, they're rolling.

From my sources, they're just waiting on trying to talk UT or ND into the deal. Nothing is official, which is why Jimmy Boy can talk through his teeth and say nothing is happening.

I don't know that this is true... but on our MU Rivals site, our publisher thinks they'll make an announcement by July. Now, I think that's a tad early, but we'll see. I really think the Big 10 wants ND, and they'll do everything they can to get them, including putting this on hold... after all, what's a few more months... even if its 8 or so. In the long run, it's well worth it.

At least we have something else to talk about during the summer.

Can't remember where I read it, but I find it funny that supposedly UT applied for acceptance into the Big Ten, but was denied? I think this was when Penn State was accepted or maybe sometime after that? Either way it's funny to think that the Big Ten is now pursuing them. While I understand the reasons for it, I'd be surprised if UT accepted. Maybe UT would like nothing more than to snub the Big Ten this time around for getting snubbed the last time perhaps? Needless to say, UT has more than enough $$ and clout in the Big 12 to stay put.

ND on the other hand would be a logical fit. They just better hope Kelly can turn the program around, otherwise their value will continue to plummet even further and their status as an independent will no longer mean anything if people aren't tuning in to watch, which would be another reason to seriously consider joining a conference now before it's too late. Just my opinion anyway.

It will never be too late for ND to join the big 10. They've been after them for over 100 years. The day Notre dame decides to join the big 10 is the day they get invited.

I never would have dreamed they'd go after Texas, or that Texas would be interested. I can see why they would, just didn't think they'd do it.

Adding Texas, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Missouri and Rutgers/Syracuse (they'd only take one) would be a brilliant move on the part of the Big 10.

Rumor has it that the Big10 and Big East would have a backroom deal where if the East pushed part-time member ND towards the 10 then the 10 would leave East's full-timers like Rutgers and Pitt alone.

My train of thought: They're still pursuing ND despite the fact that ND loves their independence and has a really sweet deal going for them right now, so I'm thinking the Big 10 may be prepared to do something big enough to make ND consider it. And if they can pull something big enough to make ND consider making the jump, maybe it's something that would even attract the likes of Texas despite their current situation. Just a though

Funny you mentioned this. There's a thread at another board where I lurk and supposedly this guy received an e-mail from a so-called "legit source" that said that ND would seriously consider joining if Nebraska and Texas joined.

Furthermore, a Texas sports writer earlier this week (or late last week?) made a remark in one of his articles that he was trying to find out why certain ND officials were at UT this week and what the discussion was about? Rumors down there was it might be about expansion?

Needless to say, it's all a bunch of speculation at this point. It's fun to follow the developments though.

That's really interesting about the ND officials in Texas. That makes it sound some realllllly big things may happen

after hearing about sports writers curious why ND officials was at UT campus. I'm half tempted to get a suit buy a hat from some bizzare team say Troy Trojans and head to Chicago with a bull horn and start screaming let us in Delaney. Best case scenario it might cause more sunbelt contriversy with big 10+ or just cure my boredom. Either way it's a win win for me :LOLtartar

after hearing about sports writers curious why ND officials was at UT campus. I'm half tempted to get a suit buy a hat from some bizzare team say Troy Trojans and head to Chicago with a bull horn and start screaming let us in Delaney. Best case scenario it might cause more sunbelt contriversy with big 10+ or just cure my boredom. Either way it's a win win for me :LOLtartar

Just think of all that tail you'd get.

I have no concrete evidence, but I feel it in my bones. The Skers' are Big 10/11/14/16 bound

My gut feeling is that Nebraska is in the conversation. Whether the rest of the Big Ten brass think they're a good fit is a whole other obstacle.

I really have a feeling were going to the big 10. But, isn't the main reason we want to leave is because of Texas' and their selfish ways? So if they get invited why do Missouri and Nebraska still want to go

?

Because in that scenario we'd assume that Texas is willing to share everything equally like the rest of the members do. No imbalance of power would exist in the Big Ten.

I really have a feeling were going to the big 10. But, isn't the main reason we want to leave is because of Texas' and their selfish ways? So if they get invited why do Missouri and Nebraska still want to go

?

The main reason would be money, not to run away from Texas. Getting away from Texas would be icing on the cake, but if they come to the Big 10 too, it'll give us a chance to even things up.

• 2 weeks later...

?

The main reason would be money, not to run away from Texas. Getting away from Texas would be icing on the cake, but if they come to the Big 10 too, it'll give us a chance to even things up.

This morning on WHB in KC the "experts" were discussing this topic. Their opinion was that Colorado was the best bet to leave the conference. As for the Big 10 - Notre Dame, only, joining will be the best bet. If not, then the admitted Tiger-lover said only Missouri would join. His reasoning on why NU would stay in the depleted Big 12 - 2? "Why wouldn't Nebraska want to stay in the Big 12 to avoid playing Missouri every year?" To the co-host's credit, he did say that probably isn't what is going on in the minds of Cornhusker fans.