18. Penn St.

19. Georgia

20. Florida St.

21. South Carolina

22. West Virginia

23. Wisconsin

24. Houston

25. Arizona

Is Steele going to sue Forde? I could see Steele being a little upset about all of this.

Via Pat Forde's Twitter:

1. Oklahoma

2. Ohio State

3. Alabama

4. TCU

5. Nebraska

6. Boise State

7. Florida

8. USC

9. Miami

10. Oregon

11. Texas

12. North Carolina

13. Virginia Tech

14. Iowa

15. Auburn

16. Notre Dame

17. Arkansas

18. Penn St.

19. Georgia

20. Florida St.

21. South Carolina

22. West Virginia

23. Wisconsin

24. Houston

25. Arizona

Some pretty BOLD picks he made there. Pun most definitely intended.

notre dame???????? notre dame?????????? :laughpound:dunno

Wait I just want to say this one more time.......NOTRE DAME????? :wtf

brian smelly...er...kelly can only do so much...and even if they win 9 games this year it still wont mean much...i would take a 7 win sec or big 12 over a 9 win nd

notre dame... :rollin

Wow. OU at #1. Bold prediction. Some other polls have don’t even have the Hillbillies in the top ten.

/back to the topic. Yeah, Steele is gonna be pissed over Forde's leak. (Pissed. Leak. Ha Ha!)

Via Pat Forde's Twitter:

1. Oklahoma

2. Ohio State

3. Alabama

4. TCU

5. Nebraska

6. Boise State

7. Florida

8. USC

9. Miami

10. Oregon

11. Texas

12. North Carolina

13. Virginia Tech

14. Iowa

15. Auburn

16. Notre Dame

17. Arkansas

18. Penn St.

19. Georgia

20. Florida St.

21. South Carolina

22. West Virginia

23. Wisconsin

24. Houston

25. Arizona

I see a few problems with this list. First of all, I find it very odd that Alabama isn't #1. Second, how do you put Boise State below TCU when Boise State beat TCU and has all but one of their starters on offense and defense returning? Miami at #9? What exactly have they done since Coker that makes anyone believe they're a top 10 team? Notre Dame at #16? They just lost their one lone bright spot from a year ago to the NFL. Even having them ranked is a stretch. Even if Kelly does turn them around, I highly doubt it's in year #1. Having us at #5 at this juncture is a stretch.

I see a few problems with this list. First of all, I find it very odd that Alabama isn't #1. . . .

I don't. They lost NINE starters on defense. I don't care how deep you are . . . if you lose 9 starters on one side of the ball you will take a significant step back. Bama will be good but they won't play in the national title game.

I see a few problems with this list. First of all, I find it very odd that Alabama isn't #1. Second, how do you put Boise State below TCU when Boise State beat TCU and has all but one of their starters on offense and defense returning? Miami at #9? What exactly have they done since Coker that makes anyone believe they're a top 10 team? Notre Dame at #16? They just lost their one lone bright spot from a year ago to the NFL. Even having them ranked is a stretch. Even if Kelly does turn them around, I highly doubt it's in year #1. Having us at #5 at this juncture is a stretch.

I believe this is the final standings So He must think we will be 12-0 when we play OU and Texas will be 10-2 in big 12 play.

I believe this is the final standings So He must think we will be 12-0 when we play OU and Texas will be 10-2 in big 12 play.

TCU's hardest game is Oregon State at Jerry's World, while Boise State has VT in Landover. I'm sure Steele took that into considerartion.

Steele has been dead on with the Huskers the last 3-4 years, maybe longer, however I have only followed his mag for the last few years. He is a talking head, but far and away the most in tune with College Football year in, year out. Him ranking the Huskers top 5 doesn't mean anything in the long run, but if Steele thinks that highly of the Huskers given his track record of evaluating our team, tells us he thinks that this team is poised for a formal breakout season.