Six Big 12 teams heading for the Pac-10?

Nexus

I just read this too!! AAAAHHH!!! EVERYBODY PANIC!!!! chuckleshuffle:hellloooo:madash

:lol:

I'm about to go lurk at some Pac-10 boards and gauge their reactions to this. It'll keep me company for the rest of the summer.

Any strong reactions from any of the Pac 10 boards?

Here's the link: http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1090747

So what do you think will happen if this takes place... and would you rather go to the SEC or the Big 10 if we had both options? SEC is by far a better football conference, but we'd also be playing higher competition and probably wouldn't win as many games. We'd probably have an easier run at a championship through the Big 10.

So what do you think will happen if this takes place... and would you rather go to the SEC or the Big 10 if we had both options? SEC is by far a better football conference, but we'd also be playing higher competition and probably wouldn't win as many games. We'd probably have an easier run at a championship through the Big 10.

I think the Big10 is the logical fit. It would garner more money for the academic side and in the long run probably equal in athletic revenue with the SEC. We come out ahead any way you look at it, if we join the Big10.

I think the Big10 is the logical fit. It would garner more money for the academic side and in the long run probably equal in athletic revenue with the SEC. We come out ahead any way you look at it, if we join the Big10.

Good points, although I still wonder how our recruiting will be if we go to the Big 10. I doubt we even have a chance to go to the SEC anyway.

Here's the link: http://texas.rivals....asp?CID=1090747

I'm looking at it from a holistic perspective and still say the Big Ten would be our best option because of the affiliation with the CIC for our academics. No other major conference can compete with what the Big Ten offers in terms of academic prestige.

While I agree with you that the SEC would be the better football conference, and if it were an option, it'd also open up the door that much more for us in terms of recruiting grounds. Florida, Louisiana, Georgia, The Carolinas, etc. all have great HS talent.

I'm looking at it from a holistic perspective and still say the Big Ten would be our best option because of the affiliation with the CIC for our academics. No other major conference can compete with what the Big Ten offers in terms of academic prestige.

While I agree with you that the SEC would be the better football conference, and if it were an option, it'd also open up the door that much more for us in terms of recruiting grounds. Florida, Louisiana, Georgia, The Carolinas, etc. all have great HS talent.

Exactly.

I could deal with NU in the SEC, if only for the fact that im moving from Omaha to Orlando at the end of the summer, and that would make catching games SOOO much easier!

Nu would be better suited for the Big Ten then the SEC. The negative recruiting the Sec teams would use against Nebraska in terms of the threat of playing cold weather would hurt.

Course it might be fun seeing Florida, LSU or Alabama playing in Nebraska in November.

I really hope we go to the Big 10 if this happens. Come to think of it, why is the Pac-10 considering Colorado over us anyway? Obviously they're closer geographically, but I don't think that's a big deal considering how far away all the Big 12 teams are. We have much more cache and much more prestige than Colorado does in athletics. I think I'd rather go to the Pac 10 than the Big 10. I think the games would be more fun to watch and we could pull from both Texas and the West Coast in recruiting.

I really hope we go to the Big 10 if this happens. Come to think of it, why is the Pac-10 considering Colorado over us anyway? Obviously they're closer geographically, but I don't think that's a big deal considering how far away all the Big 12 teams are. We have much more cache and much more prestige than Colorado does in athletics. I think I'd rather go to the Pac 10 than the Big 10. I think the games would be more fun to watch and we could pull from both Texas and the West Coast in recruiting.

If this all does go down, it would be nice to join the Big 10, but I also think joining the Mountain West wouldn't be so bad. They have some good teams there already, on the verge of getting a automatic bid to the BCS anyways. There are rumors Boise State is looking to join, if we went to the Mountain West, we would be one, if not THEE top dog. Which would mean us getting a BCS invite almost every year, possibly playing for national championships. We would still have somewhat of a foothold in Texas still with TCU, not much but it's better than nothing. With a core nucleus of Nebraska, BYU, Utah, Boise State, and TCU, that isn't too bad of a football conference if you ask me. That's 3 top ten teams for this year, plus solid teams in BYU and Utah. Just something interesting to think about.