Big 10 Brass meeting this afternoon

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/chi-100605-big-ten-expansion,0,3446131.story

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/22868/big-ten-brass-meets-as-big-12-buzz-swirls

While Nebraska and Missouri certainly are strong candidates, I've been told no formal meetings have taken place to discuss them. Are those schools confident enough they're part of the Big Ten's expansion plan? Will they demand an answer from Delany in the next week?

The Big Ten wants to take its time with this process, but Delany and his crew might need to pick up the pace. Then again, Delany isn't the type to cater to anyone else's ultimatums.

It will be very interesting to hear from the commissioner today at the meeting of Big Ten presidents and chancellors at league headquarters in Park Ridge, Ill. The agenda isn't public because the meetings are held in executive session, but you can bet expansion is the No. 1 topic being discussed. It just has to be.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/chi-100605-big-ten-expansion,0,3446131.story

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/22868/big-ten-brass-meets-as-big-12-buzz-swirls

While Nebraska and Missouri certainly are strong candidates, I've been told no formal meetings have taken place to discuss them. Are those schools confident enough they're part of the Big Ten's expansion plan? Will they demand an answer from Delany in the next week?

The Big Ten wants to take its time with this process, but Delany and his crew might need to pick up the pace. Then again, Delany isn't the type to cater to anyone else's ultimatums.

It will be very interesting to hear from the commissioner today at the meeting of Big Ten presidents and chancellors at league headquarters in Park Ridge, Ill. The agenda isn't public because the meetings are held in executive session, but you can bet expansion is the No. 1 topic being discussed. It just has to be.

im sure there is communication going on..... Nebraska and Missou will not risk what they have and the actions they have seem to be taking if there was nothing on the table.... i'm sure its all understood and more than just implied........

Why not buy time by turning this thing back on Texas? Just have Pearlman give a press conference on the due date and simply say that we want to know what Texass is doing. Do they care about the other schools in this conference? What about this TV network deal they have?

Then demand answers from them and talk about the big12 being 12 members and not one and saying it's only fair to hear what they are planning. I know it may not be the right thing to do (to call out Texass on TV and air out some big12 laundry) but what are the alternatives? Tell them we're committed and stick to that....or commit and leave anyway....or let them know we have the right to listen to all offers? I say either air it out and try to make Texass the bad guy here or call a presser and announce that we have the right to listen to all offers....

Why not buy time by turning this thing back on Texas? Just have Pearlman give a press conference on the due date and simply say that we want to know what Texass is doing. Do they care about the other schools in this conference? What about this TV network deal they have?

Then demand answers from them and talk about the big12 being 12 members and not one and saying it's only fair to hear what they are planning. I know it may not be the right thing to do (to call out Texass on TV and air out some big12 laundry) but what are the alternatives? Tell them we're committed and stick to that....or commit and leave anyway....or let them know we have the right to listen to all offers? I say either air it out and try to make Texass the bad guy here or call a presser and announce that we have the right to listen to all offers....

I totally agree here. the big 12(texas) are playing NU as the bad guys in this but we are just trying to even the playing feild. on the dead line hold a press confrence and say we are commited to the advancement of the the university of nebraska and it could be with the big 12 or not. Then go in on texass and all their dirty laundry. tv deals and such.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/22870/nebraska-e-mails-osborne-tressel-met

Nebraska athletic director Tom Osborne met with Ohio State head football coach Jim Tressel on April 19, according to an e-mail Osborne sent to Nebraska chancellor Harvey Perlman on April 20. ESPN.com colleague Mark Schlabach obtained the e-mail through a records request to Nebraska.

"I think it would be a good time if we met sometime soon regarding the expansion landscape," Osborne wrote to Perlman.

Not surprising...

Heard a rumor that Osborne is in Chicago today. Not sure how much truth is behind that considering when he flew to Baton Rouge, everyone and their dog knew when he took off, landed, Plane number, farted, etc, so take it for what it's worth.

I for one hope we either sh*t or get off the pot on this expansion. I'm ready for a change of scenery and a real Rivalry in Iowa. I think it's funny every team sided w/Texas when the Big 12 was formed and now we hold the pin to the grenade that can destroy it. If TO and Perlman really wanted to stay in the Big 12, they should use that for leverage. I for one, don't see this potential move to the Big Televen as strictly being a football move. I honestly think the Academics are playing at least a 40-50% role in the possible move. After all, the University of Nebraska is a University first.

Either way, I'm going to support the decisions TO and Perlman make. GO BIG RED!

What I don't understand is what if the Big Ten offers Texas as well? Did everyone just seem to forget that they were in interested in the Horns as well? There is no ultimatum from Texas/Big 12 if Texas is itself about to leave either with or without Nebraska.

Nebraska is out the door as soon as the Big Ten offers, everyone is basically 90% sure of this. Texas would like to keep the monarchal conference of which they themselves are king. (That's why there's an ultimatum) The Big-Ten offers a lot of money, but about equal to what they're getting currently, and they would have to share, so this option is less desirable. The Pac-10 offer keeps all of their rivalries intact and has a potential to make a ton of bank with having 7 of the top 20 TV markets in the footprint. Knowing that Nebraska is pretty much gone, this one is definitely more desirable on paper.

About the prospect of Nebraska getting left without a home: Nebraska has a TON of friends in the Big Ten. We have a tradition rich team among the top five in total wins. We do a lot of business with tOSU, Barry Alvarez is an alum. Who are our friends in the Big 12 nowadays. Turner Gill, maybe Mike Sherman and Bill Byrne, Missouri, and possibly Bob Stoops. I don't like those odds. Especially when OU and aTm are tied at the hip with Texas. Missouri also doesn't count because they also have a foot out the door.

The Big 12 doesn't want us because of who and what we are like the Big Ten does. At least not anymore. You can't get us to stay anymore. We're tired of it.

What I don't understand is what if the Big Ten offers Texas as well? Did everyone just seem to forget that they were in interested in the Horns as well? There is no ultimatum from Texas/Big 12 if Texas is itself about to leave either with or without Nebraska.

Nebraska is out the door as soon as the Big Ten offers, everyone is basically 90% sure of this. Texas would like to keep the monarchal conference of which they themselves are king. (That's why there's an ultimatum) The Big-Ten offers a lot of money, but about equal to what they're getting currently, and they would have to share, so this option is less desirable. The Pac-10 offer keeps all of their rivalries intact and has a potential to make a ton of bank with having 7 of the top 20 TV markets in the footprint. Knowing that Nebraska is pretty much gone, this one is definitely more desirable on paper.

About the prospect of Nebraska getting left without a home: Nebraska has a TON of friends in the Big Ten. We have a tradition rich team among the top five in total wins. We do a lot of business with tOSU, Barry Alvarez is an alum. Who are our friends in the Big 12 nowadays. Turner Gill, maybe Mike Sherman and Bill Byrne, Missouri, and possibly Bob Stoops. I don't like those odds. Especially when OU and aTm are tied at the hip with Texas. Missouri also doesn't count because they also have a foot out the door.

The Big 12 doesn't want us because of who and what we are like the Big Ten does. At least not anymore. You can't get us to stay anymore. We're tired of it.

If they offer Texas the big 10 gets four schools from Texas no deal

If they offer Texas the big 10 gets four schools from Texas no deal

Well it's just one or the other then I guess.

Was there an article saying that the Big Ten offer about UT and ND wasn't gonna happen?

I have to think NU and Mizzou wouldnt have been given an ultimatum unless there was some serious talk between them and the Big10. Also, I have to think the talk about UT and others going to the Pac10 is nothing more than talk at this point otherwise Beebe would have had to give them an ultimatum as well.

P.S. I used to dislike TU and hated Mizzou. I now despise TU and hope they eat sh!t and die. Mizzou has gained brownie points and I hope we can work together to drop a grenade on the B12.

I have to think NU and Mizzou wouldnt have been given an ultimatum unless there was some serious talk between them and the Big10. Also, I have to think the talk about UT and others going to the Pac10 is nothing more than talk at this point otherwise Beebe would have had to give them an ultimatum as well.

P.S. I used to dislike TU and hated Mizzou. I now despise TU and hope they eat sh!t and die. Mizzou has gained brownie points and I hope we can work together to drop a grenade on the B12.

i still don't like missouri...but they grow on you...please drop the grenade...drop it...drop it...DROP IT!!!!! chuckleshuffle

we dislike them now, we'll dislike them then, and forever