How The Hell Did We Get Here?

Yes I do. I don't understand all the concerns though. Nothing feels like the big8 anymore. The only schools I'll feel bad for is KSU, KU, ISU (and if missouri doesn't go I still won't feel sorry for them). Other than that...I'm all for the change out of this conference of 11 vs Nebraska.

I know the history and reasons have been stated and restated, but I'd like to collaborate all of it into one thread for everyone to utilize.

It looks as though this could be the last week of Nebraska being a member of the Big 12. How in the HELL did we get here?

Can you imagine the hate next year?

I'm not a big fan of baseless "the refs were paid" kind of conspiracy theory crap.... but I admit this keeps creeping into my head for next year:

do you think the powers that be would really allow Nebraska to win the final Big XII championship given all that's gone down?

0.01 could end up looking like child's play.

Next years games are going to be nuts if we and Missouri go to the Big 10. There's going to be so much tension going into the season. When we play Texas, whoever goes to that game should hold a sign that says "Blame Texas" haha, i know i would.

They'd all be holding, "We're rich, and everybody wants us" signs.

Next years games are going to be nuts if we and Missouri go to the Big 10. There's going to be so much tension going into the season. When we play Texas, whoever goes to that game should hold a sign that says "Blame Texas" haha, i know i would.

They'd all be holding, "We're rich, and everybody wants us" signs.

The thing is, if they really wanted us to stay as bad as an ultimatum would suggest, why wouldn't they just make concessions to appease us instead of telling us to soldier up?

Texas arrogance. Frickin douchebags.

Very interesting read http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news;_ylt=AtQbqAVWsA7nq0f6.9z_E.05nYcB?slug=dw-expansion060610 . I would love to see a 16 team playoff and the big 12 stay together, this would solve most of the problems. We should push for this.

Wow, great contribution on your first post! That's one of the best articles I've read about this situation since it all began.

Welcome to the board. :thumbs

How did we get to this?

Simple, Dr. Tom Osborne was right again.

We let the University of Texas, and the close link between their administration and the corrupt politics of the State of Texas, take control of and kill the Big 8.

If this all happens they way it sounds and our Big 8 brothers are left out in the cold, they may look back and think, "If we would have just listened to Tom, maybe we wouldn't be in this mess."

Very interesting read http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news;_ylt=AtQbqAVWsA7nq0f6.9z_E.05nYcB?slug=dw-expansion060610 . I would love to see a 16 team playoff and the big 12 stay together, this would solve most of the problems. We should push for this.

Wow, great contribution on your first post! That's one of the best articles I've read about this situation since it all began.

Welcome to the board. :thumbs

That is an interesting article...maybe the NCAA needs to step in here and help the "failing" conferences build a playoff system.

I'd rather hold up a sign that says "Blame Beebe".