Disbanding the NCAA

If these 4 super conferences come to fruition do these new conferences disband the NCAA and create a new governing body? If so could we possibly be starting down the road of eventual payment of players and/or an increase in the amount of scholarships allowed?

I really think we are on the verge of either the greatest thing to happen in the history of college football or the worst. I really dont want to see players getting paid, but if these conferences align there is no reason for them to allow the NCAA to govern them. I fear if they are allowed to create their own governing body we could see an entirely different set of rules to follow. It will come down to whoever can adapt to these new rules the easiest/quickest, which fearfully could be the SEC since they already play by a different set of rules.

If this did happen you can bet the government would get involved.

Which is complete and absolute BS considering they have a bit more important issues to worry about other than collegiat athletics and their governing bodies. Our government cant even operate itself, so how would they successfully involve themselves in the control of college athletics, but i guess this would be a rant for another day. Yes, these things do piss me off.

Which is complete and absolute BS considering they have a bit more important issues to worry about other than collegiat athletics and their governing bodies. Our government cant even operate itself, so how would they successfully involve themselves in the control of college athletics, but i guess this would be a rant for another day. Yes, these things do piss me off.

Not disagreeing, but we all know this would happen.

"Government" is huge and has many departments. Being big, they're able to walk and chew gum at the same time.

If the gov't gets involved, I absolutely guarantee it will be the worst thing for college football. Name one program the gov't controls or has involvement in that doesn't completely suck.

Military

Not to get into a political argument, but this is debatable considering the way we pu&&y foot around these days. We dont want to "offend" anyone, thus costing us lives, time, and money.

I wasn't trying to get political either. Notice how I didn't mention one party or anything. The fact of the matter is that the federal gov't is big and cumbersome. The wheels of motion turn very very slow. I wouldn't exactly call our military a well run machine. I have several friends that have been or currently are in the military that scream and cuss about how slow things are to happen. If the gov't were involved in college football, I'd hate to even guess how many years it would take to conduct an investigation with regards to a school cheating.

I wasn't trying to get political either. Notice how I didn't mention one party or anything. The fact of the matter is that the federal gov't is big and cumbersome. The wheels of motion turn very very slow. I wouldn't exactly call our military a well run machine. I have several friends that have been or currently are in the military that scream and cuss about how slow things are to happen. If the gov't were involved in college football, I'd hate to even guess how many years it would take to conduct an investigation with regards to a school cheating.

Agreed. :thumbs

well college football wouldn't be taken over the government, they would just step in momentarily like with the MLB and steroids. What happens is if we disband the ncaa a lot of smaller schools are going to suffer simply because they don't have good football/basketball program, which we can agree isn't right. Therefor the government will have to step in to protect those institutions. I'm just as fed up with the ncaa as anybody (no playoff, stupid celebration penalties) but disbanding probably won't change anything.

*That was an offensive post? Really? Fine then allow me to submit an edited version.....

Are we all forgetting that 90% of the colleges involved in the NCAA are publicly funded institutions? If the 'big bad guberment' doesn't have the right to question the role our tax dollars would play in such a debacle, then who the by golly gee willikers does?

*That was an offensive post? Really? Fine then allow me to submit an edited version.....

Are we all forgetting that 90% of the colleges involved in the NCAA are publicly funded institutions? If the 'big bad guberment' doesn't have the right to question the role our tax dollars would play in such a debacle, then who the by golly gee willikers does?

The government has no business involving themselves in the competition aspect of the NCAA, even if they are publicly funded. The only reason they do is because some senator or representative's home team doesn't make it into a good bowl game or whatever. If their team had gone to a good bowl, he wouldn't have ever opened his fat, double-talking mouth.