Visiting Big 10 Stadiums and cities

I'm only 20, and the only away game I've been to is against KU in Lawrence last year. But I'm planning on going to try to get to as many different stadiums as I can in the future. So for anyone out there who has had the pleasure of visiting the Big House of the Shoe or any other Big 10 venues, how was your experience? What did you think of the city, or wherever you stayed?

Any insight, I'm just curious, and want to learn as much about the conference since it sounds like this thing is all but done.

I'm only 20, and the only away game I've been to is against KU in Lawrence last year. But I'm planning on going to try to get to as many different stadiums as I can in the future. So for anyone out there who has had the pleasure of visiting the Big House of the Shoe or any other Big 10 venues, how was your experience? What did you think of the city, or wherever you stayed?

Any insight, I'm just curious, and want to learn as much about the conference since it sounds like this thing is all but done.

The 'Shoe is insane. The tailgating is great, the game experience is awesome as the crowd gets into it.

The Pig House is rather tame. Getting up for a play is jiggling keyes.

Can't speak on anything else.

I have been to Iowa City for a game, its nice. Just cover your bung hole, there are alot of queers. Oh let the games begin. :box

• Fire 1

The shoe is fun even for non OSU fans like me. :) If you go to a game I always avoid C-deck, I swear on a windy day you feel like you are going to fall on to the field plus the players look like dots...you are closer to the planes than the players. B-deck is good for when it rains. OSU games are fun even if you dont have tickets the tailgating is pretty good (dont tell anyone I said that). Only draw back is parking, you really need to know the tricks in order to find parking in the area. Get there early, and leave late or leave early, but you never leave with the other 100k+ people. :)

Ill have more of a comparison once I get back from Nebraska's home opener. Never thought after planning this trip that there would be a possibility of them playing next door to me every year.

Iowa City, mega party town. Go with buddies and hope its a afternoon game.

That about sums it up. Travel in a group. I've heard of waaaay too many brawls down there.

Weird - I have never really heard of any other than downtown last at night between drunks.

I've been to IC several times, never on game day though. It was fun, but just seems like every guy downtown is looking to pick fights with anybody he crosses. I can't imagine that would get better if a person were wearing Husker gear.

South Bend (assuming they join the Big 10). It was also nice to tour the College Football Hall of Fame before they voted to move it.

I went to ND/NU game in 2000 and I thought the college football hall of fame was a neat idea, but was either not yet completed or shoddily done. Have they finished it or make it better?

I thought South Bend and the surrounding area was lame, althought Chicago is so close.

The 'Shoe is insane. The tailgating is great, the game experience is awesome as the crowd gets into it.

yes because spelling out Ohio with your band is oh so awe inspiring, but you're right the keys thing does suck. But the tailgating is great, lots of room for tailgating games like beerpong and bag toss/corn hole, loads cooking, and since we suck right now, we don't talk a lot of smack.

I've also had a good experience at Penn State, the only draw back is the drive to State College.

yes because spelling out Ohio with your band is oh so awe inspiring, but you're right the keys thing does suck. But the tailgating is great, lots of room for tailgating games like beerpong and bag toss/corn hole, loads cooking, and since we suck right now, we don't talk a lot of smack.

I've also had a good experience at Penn State, the only draw back is the drive to State College.

Ringing of keyes, that is eerily reminisant of Iowa State. Ouch.