How crazy is Memorial Stadium, anyway?

you Huskers will learn to hate the song 'Jump Around' on the road at Wisky and that stupid growling cat noise they use every time Penn State does something good...

what else can i warn you about?...

Yes, Leave Camp Randall Stadium between the 3 and 4 quarter. It looks fun, but the stadium feels like it going turn into Camp Randall pile of crap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMLmRNt12xI

I think every baseball stadium in america plays that one. I think The Shoe, The Big House and Happy Valley have to be some of the best spots to watch a game. I can't wait until this is official.

where does Lincoln fall on the cultural scale between 'typically Midwestern' and 'Redneck'?

i will admit some folks over here are saying 'why are we letting these cornfed yahoos in our league?' and forgetting that you can go 5 miles outside the Columbus city limits and feel like you are in Alabama or something...

Typically midwestern at the Husker games. Very few people at the games actually would fit into the stereotype of hill billy redneck mold. However Larry the cable guy doesn't help... I suppose some of the blue hairs might remind some of the "American Gothic" painting, but at least they're wearing husker clothes. The demographic is about as stereotypically Americana as one can get when imagining the midwest. I will admit that racially, there is almost no diversity. It is a very caucasian crowd, but in no way would anyone feel unwelcome.

As for the fans, most are polite, hospitable, knowledgeable (at least they pretend to be), and practice daily hygiene. The only people who wear overalls are the ones who are trying to dress goofy. The stereotypes tend to be thrown around just for the lack of a better argument. The rednecks, farmers, surrounded by cornfields schticks are old and mostly true. We hear it all the time and take it in stride.

As far as problem fans, the only people you really have to worry about are the 18-30 year olds who drank too much. And as stated, someone will usually put them in their place if they start misbehaving.

On the other hand, go to the speedway between Omaha and Lincoln and you will truly see rednecks and hillbillies. Stay far away.

you Huskers will learn to hate the song 'Jump Around' on the road at Wisky and that stupid growling cat noise they use every time Penn State does something good...

I guess it's either a growling cat noise or the

epic burn...my bro dressed up for the k-state game and across his chest wrote..."where is the power towel now"...or something to that effect

OSU's band plays the same 2 songs over and over. If you want the attention of somebody just yell OH, and everyone will stop what they are doing and yel IO back at you.....In the stadium you hear the back and forth OH-IO alot.

The Skull Session is pretty neat and needs to be done at least once, and Carmen Ohio does grow on you.

Get there early and check it out.

Man am I excited for Nebraska v OSU....I have a feeling I will be picking up tickets everytime Nebraska comes to cbus.

personally, all that skull session stuff is neat once for a buckeye, but i always enjoy Lane Ave outside the stadium. espically Hineygate!!! Beer, Music, Drunk Buckeye Girls Flashing!!! by far the better tradition.

Hineygate is gone.....the university bought the holiday inn location, so last season was the first season without it. I dont know if they have found a replacement location yet.

OSU's band plays the same 2 songs over and over. If you want the attention of somebody just yell OH, and everyone will stop what they are doing and yel IO back at you.....In the stadium you hear the back and forth OH-IO alot.

The Skull Session is pretty neat and needs to be done at least once, and Carmen Ohio does grow on you.

Get there early and check it out.

Man am I excited for Nebraska v OSU....I have a feeling I will be picking up tickets everytime Nebraska comes to cbus.

can't be worse then oklahoma...the same damb song all the time...even after they have a sh**ty play, they still play the damb boomer sooner song... :hellloooo

I didn't know there was really much "tail-gating" in Lincoln. Seems like most people just go to the bars before hand. I've been to a few "tail-gates" in Lincoln. One was about 10 cars cluster-f#cked into an empty lot and the other was a private "members" only type deal which was just a bunch of people with $$ sitting in their oversized RVs

The tailgating in Lincoln is average at best, that might be putting it nicely. Last year for the OU game it was the best I have ever seen, EVER, at NU and that was still just okay. If you are in champions parking lot its better, if you are under the underpass its pretty good. But mostly, you will hit about 10 bars, drink outside at a few of them and then walk 10 minutes to the stadium.

What everyone else said, and also:

Nebraska fans will generally either say "MAN OUR CROWD IS ALWAYS SO LOUD!" or "Our crowd is pretty pathetic, we need to be so much louder", both on the count of Nebraska arrogance. The fact of the matter is, we are a pretty mediocre or average sounding 85k crowd during games against mediocre or average opponents. Bring us a huge game, however, and the place will start rocking as good as just about any other in the country.

Crazy.

It's like girls gone wild every time the Huskers score. When the Huskers get in the endzone, the flashes are all over the stadium, and we're not talking about camera flashes.

So remember Big 10: Do your part and tell your team to let the Huskers score at will...it's a beautiful sight to see...

• Fire 1

Nebraska fans will generally either say "MAN OUR CROWD IS ALWAYS SO LOUD!" or "Our crowd is pretty pathetic, we need to be so much louder", both on the count of Nebraska arrogance. The fact of the matter is, we are a pretty mediocre or average sounding 85k crowd during games against mediocre or average opponents. Bring us a huge game, however, and the place will start rocking as good as just about any other in the country.

ie oklahoma last year...kansas state game however was about as quiet as we get...that game was...oh, we stopped them again...hmmm

I was just about to say when the Buckeyes visit, it will be rocking. Similar to Oklahoma last year, and Texas this year right guys? You haven't forgotten have you?