Texas has been reached for comment

The damn Big 12 has been all about the south since day one all the way till the present. Why was the ultimatum given to Nebraska and Missouri? So the South teams would know what they need to do when an offer comes from the Pac 10. Think about that So the South teams would know what they need to do when an offer comes from the Pac 10. Not to mention make sure Texas is well taken care once everything goes down.

Soooooo, if KU was in the same position, you are telling me they would turn down this offer? Get over it.

You seem to think this should be about being loyal, so then I would ask, why werent the jayhawks ever loyal to NU when they needed some help with votes? Hell, are you trying to tell me that Bill Self doesnt bring in "prop 48" guys on that basketball team? I know he does, I am an illini fan for basketball and guess what, he got his "prop 48ers" in there somehow.

You are mad because you are going to end up playing in some weird conference, tough break. Bill Self is going to leave KU within the next few months or if you are lucky after this basketball season. He is pissed about this and will be taking off to coach Texas (if Rick Barnes doesnt get his act together) or Arizona, where they are dying for a guy like Self.

So in the end, you lost your conference because you never bothered to help NU and now you will lose your basketball coach because he is pissed.

You can read my whole thoughts on the matter here.... http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/43927-big-12-breakup-sucks-rocks/

I don't know where your venom comes from. If we don't agree with Nebraska on every issue than this is our fault? You sound like Hugo Chavez.

Anyway, I am not calling Husker fans anything. I said those fans who were gloating were not being very Nebraska-like. I stand by that comment. Sorry for having high expectations of Husker fans. I have them because most Nebraska fans give me a reason to. You can get the rest of my thoughts and pre-responses in the link...

well kansas...me will miss beating you in football...you miss moping the floor with our butt in b-ball...sometimes things change...for better or worse...we move on and don't look back...we just look in the rear view mirror

i'll miss those guys.. OU game (but thats been dead a while) i'll miss the CU games and a few others but you know what its sucks that it happened it sucks that kansas/ KSU?/ISU and the rest are toast but you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes and like BIG TO said this will help Nebraska survive for the next 75-100 years

now i am sure KU will survive also and might become their own "texas' in a new conference... so dont be all holy and preachy on us for being stoked and come up with lame philosophizing that nobody cares about to decipher... its a bummer and its gonna hurt but we'll get over it and life will move on

...in other news i think it would be a BIG mistake for MWC to take Boise now.... i mean being over here in WACked country that school is basiclly good in ONE sport and in large part to one head coach... hawkins was exposed when he left to CU but the team still kicked ass with peterson.. when he bolts then bye bye boise... they get killed in everything else and their facilities are weak.......

if it came down to it i'd hope boise would get ditched for KSU/kansas/ CU or even ISU

Soooooo, if KU was in the same position, you are telling me they would turn down this offer? Get over it.

You seem to think this should be about being loyal, so then I would ask, why werent the jayhawks ever loyal to NU when they needed some help with votes? Hell, are you trying to tell me that Bill Self doesnt bring in "prop 48" guys on that basketball team? I know he does, I am an illini fan for basketball and guess what, he got his "prop 48ers" in there somehow.

You are mad because you are going to end up playing in some weird conference, tough break. Bill Self is going to leave KU within the next few months or if you are lucky after this basketball season. He is pissed about this and will be taking off to coach Texas (if Rick Barnes doesnt get his act together) or Arizona, where they are dying for a guy like Self.

So in the end, you lost your conference because you never bothered to help NU and now you will lose your basketball coach because he is pissed.

You can read my whole thoughts on the matter here.... http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/43927-big-12-breakup-sucks-rocks/

I don't know where your venom comes from. If we don't agree with Nebraska on every issue than this is our fault? You sound like Hugo Chavez.

Anyway, I am not calling Husker fans anything. I said those fans who were gloating were not being very Nebraska-like. I stand by that comment. Sorry for having high expectations of Husker fans. I have them because most Nebraska fans give me a reason to. You can get the rest of my thoughts and pre-responses in the link...

ok

Stay Classy guys.... ? Glad you find out about the ruin of a 100 years of tradition and partnership and came up with this...

If you think Texas is crying, you are daft. You guys are starting to sound like you have an inferiority complex. I am sure you don't speak for most of Husker Nation, because Husker fans I know have more class than that, and I guess I can leave it at that.

Don't let this week make much of an impression on you. There has been a lot of chicken counting, name calling, and a general lack of intelligent thinking around here this week, mostly due to the emotional cost of all of this. It has been a pretty atypical week around here.

Its best just to not put much stock in what is said until things calm down.

Don't let this week make much of an impression on you. There has been a lot of chicken counting, name calling, and a general lack of intelligent thinking around here this week, mostly due to the emotional cost of all of this. It has been a pretty atypical week around here.

At this point, that's a good way to think about all college football.

And as far as who feels what about whom...let me mention one thing.

For better or worse, down here in Austin, no one pays attention to any other school in the conference, with the exception of OU and (sometimes) A&M, until the very week that we have a game with them. It's not meant to be insulting, it's just the way things are. I get the feeling that across Texas, the local communities are much more focused on their local team than are, say the communities of Manhattan, Lincoln, or anywhere else. While you folks certainly support your local teams, you at least pay attention to what the rest of the league is doing. In Austin, College Station, Lubbock and yes, even Waco, they just don't care about anyone else until the week of "The Game".

EDIT LATER:

Need one more example of this? The local talk show jocks here in Austin have already come up with a name for this new western conference. The thought is that since some of the teams are in the South....and others in the West.....we'll just call it............ The Southwest Conference!

No. I am not making this up.

This does hurt Texas. They ruled the roost in a powerful conference. Wherever they land, they'll likely have to give up the bully tactic and there's nothing that Texas likes better than to be a bully. Now all that's left to do is to beat Texas and win the Big 12 title before riding off into the sunset...

The West Coast Teams are not going to take Texas' normal bullying behavior.

yup.

off the field.

on the field.

they will have no choice...

texass is VERY strong.

At this point, that's a good way to think about all college football.

And as far as who feels what about whom...let me mention one thing.

For better or worse, down here in Austin, no one pays attention to any other school in the conference, with the exception of OU and (sometimes) A&M, until the very week that we have a game with them. It's not meant to be insulting, it's just the way things are. I get the feeling that across Texas, the local communities are much more focused on their local team than are, say the communities of Manhattan, Lincoln, or anywhere else. While you folks certainly support your local teams, you at least pay attention to what the rest of the league is doing. In Austin, College Station, Lubbock and yes, even Waco, they just don't care about anyone else until the week of "The Game".

EDIT LATER:

Need one more example of this? The local talk show jocks here in Austin have already come up with a name for this new western conference. The thought is that since some of the teams are in the South....and others in the West.....we'll just call it............ The Southwest Conference!

No. I am not making this up.

I'm not sure what to think of this statement. As surreal as it is, I want to laugh til I cry, but this works best... :facepalm:

This does hurt Texas. They ruled the roost in a powerful conference. Wherever they land, they'll likely have to give up the bully tactic and there's nothing that Texas likes better than to be a bully. Now all that's left to do is to beat Texas and win the Big 12 title before riding off into the sunset...

I wouldn't count on that. They are going to save a pac 10 thats about to have their 1 good team get SLAMMED by sanctions along with 5 teams that will support them in whatever they do... So Texas will probably be able to stamp their own ticket for whatever they want aside from the longhorn network, but maybe they'll work something similar to florida with the sec. Who knows.

The big 12 was obviously held together by duck tape and big 8/swc traditions for 15 years, but there wasn't leadership enough to market the conference for what it was actually worth and its come to a head with better offers on both sides.

I definitely wouldn't be rubbing it in on KU of all the north teams, sure they've scored the most points on us ever but it wasn't their fault we fell so far under callahan... plus we hung plenty on them in lopsided battles. It's a school NU has a ton in common with. Dominant in one sport despite its small state population, and an ally in the conference for a century. It's sad that's ending, I don't care how they voted against nebraska in football, since that wasn't their huge thing. Cant blame them for football driving everything with money, if basketball took off like college football, we'd be in their situation right now. Hopefully as this all gets sorted out they fall in the big 10 or another power conference, even if it seems unlikely at this point I definitely hope ku comes out in a good position.