And it shall be called: Farmageddon

Duffman

Welcome to the B10. I speak for the majority of Iowa fans when I say, this is going to be one helluva ride. A few of us at Hawkeyenation.com have decided there should be an annual football gamebetween Iowa and Nebraska over Thanksgiving weekend (we think it will be more fun and popular than Nebraska Colorado was). The game shall be known as "Farmageddon". There shall be a trophy constructed and the winner each year will get posession. In addition we shall have a feast in the winners honor. The feast will have the finest beers, meats, and cheeses from the land. Let us all celebrate the new great rivalry in college football.

• Fire 1

Welcome to the B10. I speak for the majority of Iowa fans when I say, this is going to be one helluva ride. A few of us at Hawkeyenation.com have decided there should be an annual football gamebetween Iowa and Nebraska over Thanksgiving weekend (we think it will be more fun and popular than Nebraska Colorado was). The game shall be known as "Farmageddon". There shall be a trophy constructed and the winner each year will get posession. In addition we shall have a feast in the winners honor. The feast will have the finest beers, meats, and cheeses from the land. Let us all celebrate the new great rivalry in college football.

YES!!! And drinks out of large mugs, glass boots, and off of attractive women's chests!

• Fire 1

I really hope for a lasting rivalry, and Iowa is the most sensical option. For some reason even though we rarely play each other, and even though we recruit very little of the same talent, Iowa and Nebraska fans like to talk a lot. It's like the intensity of the thing has preceded the actual rivalry, so when the games actually start, half the work is done for you.

That is a great idea. Farmageddon could be the name this round of expansion. This all seems to be happening because NU is jumping to the Big 10.

post-8244-127618446964.jpg

That is a great idea. Farmageddon could be the name this round of expansion. This all seems to be happening because NU is jumping to the Big 10.

Thanksgiving weekend 201?, witness first hand what happens when two nations collide... Hawkeyenation vesus Huskernation, the result is....

While I see Iowa being a large rival, this game wont be the day after thanksgiving. Now that we know this is all about money, it will be all about marque matchups and what will bring the most cache. Day after Thanksgiving will be NU vs PSU, bank on it.

Penn St already has to fly everywhere it plays and everyone already has to fly there to play. The league is making more money than it knows what to do with, travel budgets basically become non existent.