And it shall be called: Farmageddon

Duffman

I'm just saying we aren't going to be playing any of your national championship teams from the 90's, or any of Tom Osborns teams for that matter. If anyone honsetly any of that matters now you are kidding yourself. Both Iowa and Nebby have had solid teams the last 10 years or so, teams that have very similar records. We share a border, we do have a little tradition ourselves. It's going to be one hell of a rivalry, and a lot of fun.

I personally think the last 10 years (which is really all the masses will remember) we have been the better program, but I'd expect a good portion of you would disagree with me. If you come into the B10 expecting a cake walk you are going to be sorely dissapointed. But enough of that, lets get back to this rivalry game thing.

Oh okay so the last 10 years matters, just not the last 13? The masses remember the past decade but "if any of that matters" from 97 now "we're kidding ourselves." What a joke. And I also don't recall Iowa winning a Heisman or playing for a championship this decade.

I'm just saying we aren't going to be playing any of your national championship teams from the 90's, or any of Tom Osborns teams for that matter. If anyone honsetly any of that matters now you are kidding yourself. Both Iowa and Nebby have had solid teams the last 10 years or so, teams that have very similar records. We share a border, we do have a little tradition ourselves. It's going to be one hell of a rivalry, and a lot of fun.

I personally think the last 10 years (which is really all the masses will remember) we have been the better program, but I'd expect a good portion of you would disagree with me. If you come into the B10 expecting a cake walk you are going to be sorely dissapointed. But enough of that, lets get back to this rivalry game thing.

Oh okay so the last 10 years matters, just not the last 13? The masses remember the past decade but "if any of that matters" from 97 now "we're kidding ourselves." What a joke. And I also don't recall Iowa winning a Heisman or playing for a championship this decade.

Your national title game was 13 years ago. Your incomming freshman were 5 years old when that game was played. They don't remember one damn snap. The joke is that Nebby will come in with thier 4 national titles and 4th winningest team in college football history and dominate because they have 4 national titles and are the 4th winningest team in college football. Ask scUM what tradition alone gets you in the B10 (I'll give you a hint, it's 1 and 7 in the conference).

Congratulations on your storied past. That along with your academic standing and your other athletic prowess helped you get the invite. But now that you are here get in line. Your history in college football means something between Jack and sh#t and Jack left town. That being said were damn happy to have you.

PS I really don't think you want to get in the argument of who matters more in the last decade. No titles and no Heisman's but in the last 10 years we have finished in the top 10 four times, had an AP player of the year, a Doak Walker award winner, a Mackey award winner, an Outland Trophy winner, one Heisman runner up, and one 6th place finish.

Your national title game was 13 years ago. Your incomming freshman were 5 years old when that game was played. They don't remember one damn snap. The joke is that Nebby will come in with thier 4 national titles and 4th winningest team in college football history and dominate because they have 4 national titles and are the 4th winningest team in college football. Ask scUM what tradition alone gets you in the B10 (I'll give you a hint, it's 1 and 7 in the conference).

Congratulations on your storied past. That along with your academic standing and your other athletic prowess helped you get the invite. But now that you are here get in line. Your history in college football means something between Jack and sh#t and Jack left town. That being said were damn happy to have you.

PS I really don't think you want to get in the argument of who matters more in the last decade. No titles and no Heisman's but in the last 10 years we have finished in the top 10 four times, had an AP player of the year, a Doak Walker award winner, a Mackey award winner, an Outland Trophy winner, one Heisman runner up, and one 6th place finish.

Ignorant to the past perhaps because yours is unmatching?

Look u can't force a rivalry... especially if its unbalanced, and that's in every category.

Please tell me y u think one of the most prestigious programs in the nation with 5 ncs and 3 Heismans should settle for a program with no titles, on Heisman for the 30s er something, and who have relatively had no success against us? Do u not remember what happened in our last game, 42-13 right?

U must remember our last main rival was 7 NC, 5 Heisman ou right?

Sorry but for Nebraska fans the word rivalry has huge implacations.

Ignorant to the past perhaps because yours is unmatching?

Look u can't force a rivalry... especially if its unbalanced, and that's in every category.

Please tell me y u think one of the most prestigious programs in the nation with 5 ncs and 3 Heismans should settle for a program with no titles, on Heisman for the 30s er something, and who have relatively had no success against us? Do u not remember what happened in our last game, 42-13 right?

U must remember our last main rival was 7 NC, 5 Heisman ou right?

Sorry but for Nebraska fans the word rivalry has huge implacations.

While I agree with you about not being able to force rivalries before playing year in and year out and having it be a game of importance and history and usually at least somewhat close to even.

We should probably get over the OU is/was our rival stuff now. That ship sailed 15 years ago and it was really over before that after Switzer left. They didn't think it was a rivalry when the big 12 formed and its 100% over now. Certainly isn't something to cite to try and lord it over our new conference mates. This isn't like the big 12 formation when it was a tearing down of big 8 tradition. We have joined the most tradition rich conference in the nation, I think most of us are mutually aware of each other's resumes, we just need to see how it will play out on the field. There's no doubt that it'll be a big game for the fans though.

It's gonna make a big difference how they do divisions and scheduling in the new big ten as far as deciding that stuff. Even on this board however there seemed to be excitement about the chance to play Iowa regularly in the months leading up to this. It will have all the makings for a "rivalry" to build because of proximity, especially for eastern Nebraska/western Iowa fans that deal with each other every day.

I like how you completely ignored the point about how you said the past 10 years is all anyone remembers, but not the past 13. You do realize how idiotic that sounds, right? Let me know when you want to answer that because I'd love to hear how people conveniently remember 10 years but not 13.

As for our history in college football not meaning jack sh#t, I'm pretty sure that's the very reason why we were selected to join. Our history, our fanbase, our following. There is a reason why they chose NU over Missouri, and that is it.

Actually I'd love to get in that argument. Those are an impressive list of 5 awards. Let's see - I believe Suh won 6 by himself. In one year. That's not to mention his Heisman run and the Heisman we did win. We also played for a championship this decade, something Iowa has not done.

I'm not trying to put down the Iowa program, you all have had a very impressive year last year and decade. But it's a little ridiculous to act like you're all the sudden a big dog and we're coming into your territory now. Don't act like what we've done is irrelevant all the sudden, because it's not. Don't try to bring down our history and we won't remind you that you lack one.

Uh.....OK?

In the past ten years NU has finished in the Top 10 twice, Top 25 five times, played for the Nat'l Championship, 1 Heisman Trophy winner, 4th place Heisman Trophy finisher, AP Player of the Year, Walter Camp POY Award, Davey O'Brien Award winner, Outland Trophy winner, Lombardi Award winner, Rimington Trophy winner, Bronko Nagurski Award winner, and a Chuck Bednarik Award winner.

Hardware....CHECK

Record against Big 10 OOC Regular Season last 10 years (2-1).... vs Penn State (1-1) vs Iowa (1-0)

Record against Big 10 Postseason last 10 years (3-0) Michigan, Michigan State, Northwestern

Scoreboard....CHECK

Top 10 Academic All Americans by college Div I

1. Nebraska, University of 271

2. Notre Dame, University of 214

3. Penn State University 162

4. Stanford University 140

5. Bucknell University 119

6. Texas, University of 118

7. California-Los Angeles, University of (UCLA) 113

8. Florida, University of 108

9. Ohio State University, The 106

10. Georgia, University of 102

Football

1. Nebraska, University of 98

2. Penn State University 57

3. Notre Dame, University of 54

4. Dayton, University of 49

4. Ohio State University, The 49

6. Oklahoma, University of 47

7. Stanford University 40

8. Carnegie Mellon University 38

9. U.S. Air Force Academy 35

9. Texas, University of 35

9. Michigan, University of 35

12. Nebraska Wesleyan University 33

13. Southern California, University of 32

13. Pittsburg State University 32

15. Michigan State University 31

15. Northwestern University 31

Most Consecutive Years with at Least One AAA

1. Nebraska 39

2. Georgia 31

2. Bucknell 31

2. Wisconsin 31

5. Penn State 29

6. Rose-Hulman 24

In the classroom....CHECK

Thanks for the whatever it is advice but I think we'll be just fine.

OK...here we go:

Tell me which team is which here, bet it doesn't take you long.

Conference Championships..........12...............46

Bowl Games appeared in..............24...............46 (including 35 in a row)

Major Award Winners...................11............... 27

All-time wins..............................580.............827

NC game appearances..................0.................9

RECOGNIZED

National Championships..............0..................5

Now since 2000, how do we do in the same categories:

Conference Championships...........2.................0

Bowl Games appeared in...............9................10

Major Award Winners....................5.................9

Wins............................................70...............84

NC game appearances..................0.................1

National Championships...............0.................0

Yep, you really had a better 10 years. Funny thing about facts, they ruin a delusional fans argument.

Congratulations that the best era of football in Iowa history, and one that you are so proud of is subpar to the worst decade in Nebraska Football history since the invention of the television.

We have 81 wins from 2000 to 2009. You missed a few :).

Personally I'd rather sacrifice a few wins overall for 2 conference chapmionships. I think that gives us the edge over the last 10 years. We've also played had a good deal more sucess in bowl games over that period.

I'm not saying you don't have a better program historically. Obviously thats the case. Again thats a big reason why you are here. What I'm saying is now that you ARE here it doesn't mean a damn thing. I'm also saying none of Tom Osborns teams of the 90's are comming with you. That's all in the past. Over the last 10 years you have been a solid program and I'd expect that to continue. But don't think for a second you are going to come in and have a cake walk in the B10, it isn't going to happen. Again ask Michigan what tradition alone gets you in the B10.

Again I'm not trying to get into a pissing match here. I think we've been the better team over the last decade (that's a pretty long time and a much better indication of what is likely to come over the next 10 years) but I'd expect most of you to think differently. My point is to say that Nebraska and Iowa won't be a nice rivalry in the B10 because your history and tradition dwarfs ours is just idiotic.