Had that second not been put back on the clock...

We lost the game period. Texas won the game, it has nothing to do with where we are today.

We need to quit whining about Texas and be ready for our next challenge, and there will be many is my guess.

Texas is powerful, but in no way did they cheat on that play. No one saved the game for them, time, way past time to put that to bed.

It makes us look and sound childish to our new visitors.

I really don't know how it could be the last straw considering it was the right call. Again, I don't think it had any impact at all.

WHEN HAS AN INCOMPLETE PASS OUT OF BOUNDS EVER BEEN REVIEWED TO SEE HOW MUCH TIME SHOULD BE PUT ON THE CLOCK? It was a non-reviewable play but they did it for Texas since they (ran) the conference. They (were) the CEO/Chairman of the old big twelve!!!!!

Never, only when it is Texas and they are not going to the BCS National Championship Game.

Tom Osborne brought up this point at the Big 12 meeting in KC. Quote was something like, (I guess we need some new guidelines/rules on how we put time back on the clock for incomplete passes) I will look it up and edit this.

I think the last straw was/were a couple things. All championship games to be in the state of Texas and not rotating them. All teams voting consistently with Texas and against NU. I think 11-1 was the common number on most votes involving Big 12 issues.

How many people remember the 93 Orange Bowl against Florida State. It was 4th and long with a few secs left to play. Tommie Fraizer completes a pass to give the Huskers a 1st down and get in field goal range, but time had expired. The refs review the play and determine that 3 sec should be added on the clock. We kick a long field goal but we missed it. We lost the game 16 to 18, if we would of made that we would of won 3 mnc three years in a row and 4 of 5 years. The point is our Huskers got 3 sec added after the clock had expired and I heard no bitching about it. So please lets give this a rest. The reason were going to the Big 10 it is what is best for Nebraska. Even if we had beat Texas last year we are still gone.

Here come those pesky FACTS again. :cop: You'll notice that all we will here now is crickets.

Do yourself a favor and find some of the threads in which we discussed the CCG play back in December. You'll find that this was brought up several times in those conversations, with most folks agreeing that the situations were similar.

Don't just assume everyone's a blind homer. We're pretty open-minded here.

Not sure if you are talking to me or not, if so, what the heck are you talking about!!! I wasn't in anyway saying anyone is a homer, I was joking around thats all. I have been around about as long as you (obviously don't post as often) so I am quite aware of everyones open mindedness. Anyway, some Mods are a little to touchy at times, just an opinion.

I really don't know how it could be the last straw considering it was the right call. Again, I don't think it had any impact at all.

WHEN HAS AN INCOMPLETE PASS OUT OF BOUNDS EVER BEEN REVIEWED TO SEE HOW MUCH TIME SHOULD BE PUT ON THE CLOCK? It was a non-reviewable play but they did it for Texas since they (ran) the conference. They (were) the CEO/Chairman of the old big twelve!!!!!

Never, only when it is Texas and they are not going to the BCS National Championship Game.

Tom Osborne brought up this point at the Big 12 meeting in KC. Quote was something like, (I guess we need some new guidelines/rules on how we put time back on the clock for incomplete passes) I will look it up and edit this.

I think the last straw was/were a couple things. All championship games to be in the state of Texas and not rotating them. All teams voting consistently with Texas and against NU. I think 11-1 was the common number on most votes involving Big 12 issues.

How many people remember the 93 Orange Bowl against Florida State. It was 4th and long with a few secs left to play. Tommie Fraizer completes a pass to give the Huskers a 1st down and get in field goal range, but time had expired. The refs review the play and determine that 3 sec should be added on the clock. We kick a long field goal but we missed it. We lost the game 16 to 18, if we would of made that we would of won 3 mnc three years in a row and 4 of 5 years. The point is our Huskers got 3 sec added after the clock had expired and I heard no bitching about it. So please lets give this a rest. The reason were going to the Big 10 it is what is best for Nebraska. Even if we had beat Texas last year we are still gone.

Here come those pesky FACTS again. :cop: You'll notice that all we will here now is crickets.

Do yourself a favor and find some of the threads in which we discussed the CCG play back in December. You'll find that this was brought up several times in those conversations, with most folks agreeing that the situations were similar.

Not sure if you are talking to me or not, if so, what the heck are you talking about!!! I wasn't in anyway saying anyone is a homer, I was joking around thats all. I have been around about as long as you (obviously don't post as often) so I am quite aware of everyones open mindedness. Anyway, some Mods are a little to touchy at times, just an opinion.

Perhaps I misunderstood your "crickets" comment. What did you mean by that?

The simple fact is it was a whole package deal. We get more revenue being on the Big 10 Network for sports. We are in a conference with all AAU accredited schools which adds prestige, and hopefully a larger, more diverse enrollment. Finally, the Big 10 will help us get our foot in the door when it comes to R&D cash which will help the campus expand its facilities years down the road.

Does this mean no more annual 6%tuition hike, or at least a lesser tuition hike? I'm thinking about starting a college fund for my potential unborn, hopefully unthought of, grandchildren

Perhaps I misunderstood your "crickets" comment. What did you mean by that?

It was a joke I have seen used on this board before that once someone introduces facts into an argument then usually you don't here anything from the other side anymore. Again it WASN'T meant to offend at all, I was joking about the whole thing even coming up again. I remember well and participted in those discussions last Dec. and remember the whole thing being debated into the ground. I personally think Osborne is way above letting that incident cloud is judgement to the point that it's his reason for leaving the Big 12.

they were just making up for that blown block in the pass call.....We never should have needed to kick a field goal.

this discussion has already occurred...but what would have happened if this was the end of half...i remember a game when solich, maybe it was crapahan, was head coach where i quarterback clocked the ball with clearly two seconds left before half in field goal range and the time kept going...everyone was pissed cause they saw the extra time...no time was put back on and we went to half without an easy field goal attempt...why should texas get it any better???

this discussion has already occurred...but what would have happened if this was the end of half...i remember a game when solich, maybe it was crapahan, was head coach where i quarterback clocked the ball with clearly two seconds left before half in field goal range and the time kept going...everyone was pissed cause they saw the extra time...no time was put back on and we went to half without an easy field goal attempt...why should texas get it any better???

Ask Ryan Leaf and Washington State how that feels.

Can we just get over the B12 CCG? I find it interesting that Texas fans are blaming Nebraska for the Big 12 falling apart. Saying we haven't been relevant for years and are tired of being the south's bitch. Seems a bit of a contradiction though. If we are irrelevant, then why should it matter if we leave? They should easily replace us with someone else. Seems no one wants the B12 to stick together, except for KU, KSU, and ISU. They just need someone to blame.

It was a joke I have seen used on this board before that once someone introduces facts into an argument then usually you don't here anything from the other side anymore. Again it WASN'T meant to offend at all, I was joking about the whole thing even coming up again. I remember well and participted in those discussions last Dec. and remember the whole thing being debated into the ground. I personally think Osborne is way above letting that incident cloud is judgement to the point that it's his reason for leaving the Big 12.

OK, sounds like we're on the same page. No worries. :thumbs

it happened on the last play of the first half in the chic-fil-a bowl. virginia tech threw a long pass to the 5 or so, and the clock ran out. they reviewed it and put more time on the clock, and vt got their field goal. the only difference is kiffin and tennessee fans didn't lose their minds over the call like pelini and most nebraska fans, they were able to see that the correct call had been made, and didn't think anything about it.

The simple fact is it was a whole package deal. We get more revenue being on the Big 10 Network for sports. We are in a conference with all AAU accredited schools which adds prestige, and hopefully a larger, more diverse enrollment. Finally, the Big 10 will help us get our foot in the door when it comes to R&D cash which will help the campus expand its facilities years down the road.

Does this mean no more annual 6%tuition hike, or at least a lesser tuition hike? I'm thinking about starting a college fund for my potential unborn, hopefully unthought of, grandchildren

Yep, we'll probably see tuition go down a good 10%. This is why Ivy League schools are so cheap.

first, hasn't CU been talking about going to the PAC 10 forever? i always thought they loved to bring that up, as if we had better appreciate them more or that they were just slumping in the Big 12 for a bit.

but the real question is, would this be happening if it was not for Bo Pelini reviving NU?

the answer is... i'll save you the suspense... no