The Worst Thing About Moving

knapplc

Something else to think about,( I put it here just to NOT start another freaking thread). Maybe this will keep the Big 10 regular season from ending so freaking early like it usaully does. I have often wondered if that is why the Big 10 sometimes struggles to win their Bowls because of the huge gap between when their season ends and Bowl game starts.

Back to the topic at hand, I think NU/IA makes more geographical sense than Penn St./NE. I also think it is way more likely.

I'm already planning with my Iowa buddies. And I know that we haven't even been accepted yet, let alone scheduled games.

We're gonna call it the MIssouri Cup. We will have a large punch bowl of disgustingly concocted jungle juice that closely resembles Missouri river water. Then the losing team's fans must quickly drink the bowl upon completion of the game.

• Fire 1

The worst thing about moving will be that we won't be playing the day after Thanksgiving anymore. A Husker tradition for decades is gone!

Maybe this is the worst thing for those of you in Eastern Nebraska, but it's not for those of us in Western Nebraska. As it currently stands, I live closer to Boulder CO than Lincoln NE. I live about the same distance from Manhattan KS as I do from Lincoln. I'm just 400 miles from Lawrence KS. I'm less than 500 miles from Stillwater OK. I'm less than 550 miles from Norman OK and Lubbock TX. Once we join the Big 10, the closest away game to me will be Iowa City which is almost 600 miles from me.

• Fire 1

The worst thing about moving will be that we won't be playing the day after Thanksgiving anymore. A Husker tradition for decades is gone!

The Big X will now have 12 teams if no one else. That being said. C'mon Husker fans show your football knowledge. We WILL NOT play Penn. St. every year. Why would the furthest east team be in the same division as the furthest west team?

I wonder if the Big 10 wouldn't want to showcase it top schools, and the four with the biggest fanbases, most tradition, and highest level of national exposure would be Michigan and Ohio State and Penn State and Nebraska.

Think of that docket for after Thanksgiving games. Would anybody watch anything else? The Big 10 would own that weekend in CFB. If they were smart they would put one of those on the BTN.

Just a thought.

I'm already planning with my Iowa buddies. And I know that we haven't even been accepted yet, let alone scheduled games.

We're gonna call it the MIssouri Cup. We will have a large punch bowl of disgustingly concocted jungle juice that closely resembles Missouri river water. Then the losing team's fans must quickly drink the bowl upon completion of the game.

+1

I'm not too keen on the name but I'm down for jungle juice any time