Nebraska Traditions/Songs/Lore?

Soooo, now that Nebraska is going to be part of the Big Ten. Would you guys assist us Big Ten types in learning about your songs/lore/traditions/how you celebrate your school?

For example, we Iowa fans sing a rather naugthy version of the Michigan fight song: "Hail all you mother-f00ckers, hail all you big co--su--rs, hail hail to Michigan a cesspool of a school".

We don't really have anything for Ohio State as they are the overlords of the Big Ten and we are just happy to beat them once in awhile. When we do we get drunk and play polka music.

We have trophy contests, etc. Lots of jokes. Marching bands that kick ass.

So inform us all about Nebraska. So that when you go to your bowl game we can help celebrate.

Well we have the tunnel walk, the husker power chant, and the students are usually pretty creative from year to year. Oh and the team and the students sing "there is no place like nebraska at the end of the games". anymore i'm not thinking of?

Don't you start your fight song like it's a polka song when you are thrashing an opponent? Everybody in the stadium starts swaying back and forth?

Well we have the tunnel walk, the husker power chant, and the students are usually pretty creative from year to year. Oh and the team and the students sing "there is no place like nebraska at the end of the games". anymore i'm not thinking of?

Don't you start your fight song like it's a polka song when you are thrashing an opponent? Everybody in the stadium starts swaying back and forth?

Are you talking about "the waving corn" after each score?

Sometime in the early 2000s the students started taking off one shoe and holding it in the air for each kickoff.

Since when is swaying back and forth doing the polka? :dunno

First of all we are The Big RED. Second, beating Ohio State "once in awhile" won't be good enough for us. Third, we don't sing raunchy songs about other teams in our conference, we try to respect them and welcome them into our stadium and win or lose treat them like the guests they are.

T_O_B

:cheers:bonez:cheers

• Fire 1

Been posted a million times already but our players (and fans worth their weight in corn) recite the Players Prayer

still gives me goose bumps when i watch this great job epocSoN

You and me both

While I fully respect the tunnel walk that featured Cory Ross and who ever it was this year, you get a new sense of it when you hear Grant Wistrom lead it before his and TO's last game in the Orange Bowl. The only place I've seen it was on UNL's special edition of the game. It was the very first thing on the video, before the intro started. I used to watch that before lifting when I was in high school, talk about a pump up!

The chant Gooooo Biiiiiiig Reeeeed (someone far off): GO BIG RED

And we respect other teams (the vast majority anyway) so if you pull crap like that michigan song on us you'll quickly replace colorado fans.

You guys need to develop a sense of humor. Once you join the BigTen you will have all our respect and fans, especially at bowl time. Some of those songs are just good fun you sing in bars. Michigan receives a lot of "hatred", but OSU gets the respect, that's all. There's a lot of history in the BigTen.

The chant Gooooo Biiiiiiig Reeeeed (someone far off): GO BIG RED

And we respect other teams (the vast majority anyway) so if you pull crap like that michigan song on us you'll quickly replace colorado fans.

You guys need to develop a sense of humor. Once you join the BigTen you will have all our respect and fans, especially at bowl time. Some of those songs are just good fun you sing in bars. Michigan receives a lot of "hatred", but OSU gets the respect, that's all. There's a lot of history in the BigTen.

I don't mean to be a jerk here, but I highly doubt you ever get Nebraska fans to act that way. Or, furthermore, appreciate in anyway that kind of attitude toward another school. This is why I think I relate to the Ohio State fans that have been coming on here. From the few I have met they seem to be a bit above this nonsense.

Been posted a million times already but our players (and fans worth their weight in corn) recite the Players Prayer

still gives me goose bumps when i watch this great job epocSoN

You and me both

While I fully respect the tunnel walk that featured Cory Ross and who ever it was this year, you get a new sense of it when you hear Grant Wistrom lead it before his and TO's last game in the Orange Bowl. The only place I've seen it was on UNL's special edition of the game. It was the very first thing on the video, before the intro started. I used to watch that before lifting when I was in high school, talk about a pump up!

So if I still worked at Huskervision.. which I don't... but if I did. I would use a different song off the same unnamed source that I got the first music. I would bring in the Husker greats over the years and have them each recite one line each of the prayer, their highlights from years past showing as they recite it. And start the "day by day" with out current huskers in the locker room like it is in the video now.

Too bad I don't work there any more... stupid graduation.