I am calling BS on Texas

This is just an opinion I have and I am not married to it but I have been thinking Texas will not end up going anywhere. The Big 12 will be reshaped with Nebraska and Colorado leaving and I think could wind up something like this (14 teams):

South:

Texas

Texas A&M

Texas Tech

Baylor

TCU

Oklahoma

Oklahoma St.

North:

Kansas

Kansas St.

Mizzou

Iowa St.

Boise St.

Utah

BYU

Reasons why this would work for Texas:

Texas still controls a situation like this with all their lil' Texas brothers adding TCU.

Keeps Texas happy geographically.

Keeps Texas/OU rivalry alive.

Jerry World would be site of the conference championship.

Texas realistically will win this conference regularly racking up BCS Bowls.

Keeps much of the Big 12 in tact.

Adds hot newcomers "buzz" who want to play with the big boys to get BCS birth, yet are not strong enough to threaten Texas' power.

Keeps Texas in power and control of the conference.

Reasons why other conferences do not work for Texas:

Would be a smaller fish in SEC.

Geographically challenged for Big 10.

I will still say the Pac 10 is alive but a lot has to work out...I think the Pac 10 is also a geographic nightmare for Texas (student athlete travel will be issue).

Another conference means losing a lot of their Texas brothers and rivals.

So do not be surprised in the end if Texas stays put. They are a geographic anchor for that entire region and once they leave that anchor spot, their power and control is diluted. For now, it sure is nice though for them to be mentioned as a prized school and program that is nationally relevant and basically saying only Texas and Notre Dame have this type of power and influence. Notice how right now Texas is a shining star program while OU is not even mentioned...I have to believe Texas is loving that! But in the end, Texas is playing one big bluff and will stay put. They actually may have bluffed the entire Pac 10 which now has Colorado and no travel partner for their teams when playing in Colorado. I can't blame Colorado for accepting Pac 10 invite but they stick out as geographically odd unless the Pac 10 acts fast. Do you really think Texas likes the Pac 10's preference for Colorado when Baylor would likely have to come in any mega team deal involving Texas? Baylor is now blocked out so don't be surprised to see Texas give the middle finger now to the Pac 10.

:hookerhorns

This is just an opinion I have and I am not married to it but I have been thinking Texas will not end up going anywhere. The Big 12 will be reshaped with Nebraska and Colorado leaving and I think could wind up something like this (14 teams):

South:

Texas

Texas A&M

Texas Tech

Baylor

TCU

Oklahoma

Oklahoma St.

North:

Kansas

Kansas St.

Mizzou

Iowa St.

Boise St.

Utah

BYU

Texas still controls a situation like this with all their lil' Texas brothers adding TCU.

Adds hot newcomers "buzz" who want to play with the big boys to get BCS birth, yet are not strong enough to threaten Texas' power.

I will still say the Pac 10 is alive but a lot has to work out...I think the Pac 10 is also a geographic nightmare for Texas (student athlete travel will be issue).

So do not be surprised in the end if Texas stays put. They are a geographic anchor for that entire region and once they leave that anchor spot, their power and control is diluted. For now, it sure is nice though for them to be mentioned as a prized school and program that is nationally relevant and basically saying only Texas and Notre Dame have this type of power and influence. Notice how right now Texas is a shining star program while OU is not even mentioned...I have to believe Texas is loving that! But in the end, Texas is playing one big bluff and will stay put. They actually may have bluffed the entire Pac 10 which now has Colorado and no travel partner for their teams when playing in Colorado. I can't blame Colorado for accepting Pac 10 invite but they stick out as geographically odd unless the Pac 10 acts fast. Do you really think Texas likes the Pac 10's preference for Colorado when Baylor would likely have to come in any mega team deal involving Texas? Baylor is now blocked out so don't be surprised to see Texas give the middle finger now to the Pac 10.

awesome work...but i agree that boise is going to the pac 10

I Agree but i thought that Boise st would go to the pac ten to get twelve and utah and byu would join. but you got a great idea

Boise St. does not fit into the pac 10 academically.

Cannibalizing the mountain west and taking Boise out of the WAC (only good program) to save the big 12 is an interesting idea but doesn't seem likely at all. It would make a lot of people very angry to see the mountain west, which has been slowly trying to build into a major conference with a BCS bid be ruined so Texas can keep their party going. The geography is also not good. Football teams may have deep travel pockets but surprisingly enough there are other NCAA sports besides football.

There's plenty of incentive for the southern teams and remainder of the north to hang together. In my mind a more likely scenario is ISU, KU, K-State, Missouri, OSU and Oklahoma forming the new north division with six Texas schools forming the new southern division. TCU, Southern Methodist, Rice...I don't know but I'm sure there's at least two Texas programs that would love to be in that action.

I Agree but i thought that Boise st would go to the pac ten to get twelve and utah and byu would join. but you got a great idea

Boise St. does not fit into the pac 10 academically.

Cannibalizing the mountain west and taking Boise out of the WAC (only good program) to save the big 12 is an interesting idea but doesn't seem likely at all. It would make a lot of people very angry to see the mountain west, which has been slowly trying to build into a major conference with a BCS bid be ruined so Texas can keep their party going. The geography is also not good. Football teams may have deep travel pockets but surprisingly enough there are other NCAA sports besides football.

There's plenty of incentive for the southern teams and remainder of the north to hang together. In my mind a more likely scenario is ISU, KU, K-State, Missouri, OSU and Oklahoma forming the new north division with six Texas schools forming the new southern division. TCU, Southern Methodist, Rice...I don't know but I'm sure there's at least two Texas programs that would love to be in that action.

Agree Boise St. does not fit Pac 10 academically and that is why they will need to come into my proposed new conference....which I just don't see Rice and SMU joining...those teams have no recent BCS credibility and will be looked at as big time cupcakes...I think Texas would actually get backlash for making their division too winnable. Plus you want Texas and OU in same division so they play every year. On the other hand, Boise St., Utah, and TCU all have recent BCS credibility. They now have the chance to earn the big $$$. And, Texas comes out saying, "see our conference is welcoming these teams which have captured BCS interest last few years and played in recent BCS bowls, blah, blah, blah". So the $$$ will deem the dismantling of the Mountain West.

South:

Texas

Texas A&M

Texas Tech

Baylor

TCU

Oklahoma

Oklahoma St.

North/Northwest:

Kansas

Kansas St.

Mizzou

Iowa St.

Boise St.

Utah

BYU

With USC getting knocked for a loop Texas is in a great situation to come in as the conference power. I think they'll take it. From what I understand as soon as we said we'd Dodds told his coaches they'd probably be leaving for the PAC.

Personally, I think the 12 should suck it up and make a go of it, rather than have a mass-exodus because we left. Back when Texas to the 10 was the big talk I was all for circling the wagons, getting the con on the same damn page, finding a replacement, and soldiering-on.

With USC getting knocked for a loop Texas is in a great situation to come in as the conference power. I think they'll take it. From what I understand as soon as we said we'd Dodds told his coaches they'd probably be leaving for the PAC.

Personally, I think the 12 should suck it up and make a go of it, rather than have a mass-exodus because we left. Back when Texas to the 10 was the big talk I was all for circling the wagons, getting the con on the same damn page, finding a replacement, and soldiering-on.

:yeah

The ESPN pundits pretty much agree with this that Texas is more than likely headed for the Pac-10. What I found interesting while watching College Football Live was the fact that most of them thought the Big 10 was potentially going to end up with egg on their face because the Pac-10 was getting all the goods. They said the only way for the Big 10 to save face was by either getting Notre Dumb or Texas or both. I'm in agreement with this. Texas has to be salivating at the thought of tapping into all of those California markets as well as the Seattle market.

i just love the idea of the pac 10 getting stuck with colorado, which they thought would cause the great exodus, and having the big 12 stay alive. that would be awesome. "well, we'll take colorado if that means the big 12 will crumble and we get texas and those other big 12 south schools... wait, they are staying and we have to keep colorado?"

I still think TU is going to pull an end around and be in the Big10. They have been doing alot to rid themselves of the "Tech problem". Baylor is out of the picture now that CU committed to the Pac10. TU and aTm seem to have come to an impass yesterday after their reported meeting didnt go well and reports that aTm could go to the SEC. This only leaves TU with one obstacle to clear before they are completely free of obligations and can back door into the Big10 and that would be Tech, which i assume wont be difficult to get past. Never underestimate the power of the dark side.

Lets also not forget all the sh!t that Tejas has been flinging via Chip Brown. Everything Chip Brown has come out with about NU has been patently false. This is all being done so TU can "try" to ring their hands of any wrong doing.

Edited by billdozer15

I still think TU is going to pull an end around and be in the Big10. They have been doing alot to rid themselves of the "Tech problem". Baylor is out of the picture now that CU committed to the Pac10. TU and aTm seem to have come to an impass yesterday after their reported meeting didnt go well and reports that aTm could go to the SEC. This only leaves TU with one obstacle to clear before they are completely free of obligations and can back door into the Big10 and that would be Tech, which i assume wont be difficult to get past. Never underestimate the power of the dark side.

Lets also not forget all the sh!t that Tejas has been flinging via Chip Brown. Everything Chip Brown has come out with about NU has been patently false. This is all being done so TU can "try" to ring their hands of any wrong doing.

i really don't want texas to go to the big ten. it just doesn't make sense. big ten is midwest. texas is their own thing, big ten is hard nosed, tradition-rich football.

i really don't want texas to go to the big ten. it just doesn't make sense. big ten is midwest. texas is their own thing, big ten is hard nosed, tradition-rich football.

It doesnt matter what we want, and dont be suprised when TU goes to the Big10 that concessions are made. Currently it would be in TU's best interest to either keep the Big12 together or go to the Pac10, but if the Big10 is willing to give concessions like the Big8 was you can bet your bottom dollar they will end up in the Big10. Just hope the Big10 is smart enough not to get duped like that. I wouldnt be surprised if TU demands that they not play away games after October 31.

It wouldn't shock me either. The Big 10 wants that market in a bad way. They might not want it as bad as the Notre Dumb market, but yeah I could see them making concessions for both Notre Dumb and Texas. I don't think they make concessions to the extent that Texas gets more revenue or anything, but I can see them allowing them a few concessions with regards to who they get games with every year.