Non conference games

Could we/should we schedule some of our old conference buddies to fill in our first month? I could see a yearly Kansas, Missouri, or even Oklahoma game. I know we generally schedule two or three at home fairly easy games with one that is more competitive for a home/away two game series. Could you see maybe two regular games per year from old conference rivals? If so who? I am think Missouri or Oklahoma, and then Kansas. I would love to meet up with Gill every year.

I doubt OU would want to do anything yearly. By my estimations, most of them don't miss the NU-OU games as much as we miss them. They were our one true rival, but Texas has always been their number one target.

And as far as maintaining those games, I think it is futile. We need to move on and look past the Big 12. Sure, I will be the first to admit that I will miss 100 years of tradition with some of these teams, but scheduling them every year just seems like we are clinging on to a former conference that was never really home to us.

For nostalgic purposes, I'm sure we will meet some teams again. Hell, we might even meet some in bowl games. But, as of February 2011, we need to start worrying about the B10 and only the B10. Nothing else.

• Fire 1

I doubt OU would want to do anything yearly. By my estimations, most of them don't miss the NU-OU games as much as we miss them. They were our one true rival, but Texas has always been their number one target.

And as far as maintaining those games, I think it is futile. We need to move on and look past the Big 12. Sure, I will be the first to admit that I will miss 100 years of tradition with some of these teams, but scheduling them every year just seems like we are clinging on to a former conference that was never really home to us.

For nostalgic purposes, I'm sure we will meet some teams again. Hell, we might even meet some in bowl games. But, as of February 2011, we need to start worrying about the B10 and only the B10. Nothing else.

Sadly I agree, but we could do it on occasion

I think our former foes in the Big 12 north will be easy to align with because of the proximity and relationships. I think we will see Colorado out of conference as a team to the west of us and any of the other north teams make perfect sense. May not be every year but perhaps one a year on a fairly regular basis.

i dont see us having much anything to do with our old pals very often....... just due to the big-10 being beastly we already have some top OOC games set for the future so i dont know how much we will really see them and by the time we do we wont really care... unless we feel overly nostalgic... which i am sure many of us will

the CU game i could see though i do not want too

Could we/should we schedule some of our old conference buddies to fill in our first month? I could see a yearly Kansas, Missouri, or even Oklahoma game. I know we generally schedule two or three at home fairly easy games with one that is more competitive for a home/away two game series. Could you see maybe two regular games per year from old conference rivals? If so who? I am think Missouri or Oklahoma, and then Kansas. I would love to meet up with Gill every year.

I would agree with you but since we were the only ones to stand up to Texas and the rest of the north folded....screw them.

I think it would be OK to occasionally schedule a OCG with a ex-confrence foe. I would think that we would want to concentrate on our new foes and not be looked upon as a school that looks in the rear view mirror. We made this jump and we need to be ALL IN. We will be a better University and all of our teams will be better for this move. Lets embrace it and go kick some ass in our new conference.

I hate that long term relationships with these other schools will be dissolved, but the future has been determined and we need to look forword.

First of all, we need at least seven home games on the schedule to meet expenditures for the year.

Next, each of our old conference opponents will insist on a home/home series which will inevitably bring us back to point #1. This is why these games won't work unless our new Big 10 conference schedule has enough conference home games to offset a home/home series with an OOC opponent.