is mizzou in deep sh#t?

there are going to be a lot of changes, now and in the next year...when the dust settles, there will be a lot of changes in the conferances in the country, and may even be a new one...everyone will probably have a place to go, but where, who knows

Missouri will not be left behind in the end, imho. Their t.v. market is better than ours, but it's not a world beater. I'm sure the Big 10 would still like to dip it's fingers in there.

I think the Big 10 chose Nebraska simply because we could get the ball rolling. You can't make Notre Dame question it's independence by just adding Missouri. But, you can make Notre Dame a little worried by adding Nebraska.

the bold is not true.

Actually it is. MO has more TVs than NE. Ratings-wise, NU wins that battle.

size of the state has nothing to do with overall tv market. if Missouri had the better tv market then they would be in the big10 right now while we would be in their position and that is a fact.

Actually size of the state/city IS what TV market means as far as most people use it regarding conference expansion. Its purely population based counting the potential size of the local providers service area, not the actual eyes that are watching a particular program, team, whatever. So no, what you said is not a fact. It's a "we are better then they are" opinion (which our program is without a doubt), but as far as total population in Nebraska goes, we are the smaller state and smaller media market.

Mizzou is on the clock. They have about a year to align with a conference or face a football schedule that evaporates with the dissolution of the B12. That puts them in a pretty bad bargaining situation.

As an aside, I was getting drunk with a Mizzou Tiger earlier tonight. I asked if he was pissed a Nebraska. He said no, that they will eventually get into the B10, but that KU fans were really pissed. I think his confidence is misplaced.

From what I have heard, I think Missouri turned some people off in the Big 10 by trying to use the possibility of going to the Big 10 to leverage the Big 12 at their meetings. I don't think these people in the Big 10 want someone that will be throwing out threats if they don't get their way.

With that being said, I still think Missouri would be an ideal fit into the Big 10. They can bring the St. Louis (what Illinois don't already have) and Kansas City markets. They also have an ideal border rivalry with Nebraska, Iowa, and Illinois. Their football program is improving, and the basketball program can be good, and has been good in the past.

At this point, I believe IMHO that it is mainly politics that keep Missouri out. Politics that they created in their own arrogance.

From what I have heard, I think Missouri turned some people off in the Big 10 by trying to use the possibility of going to the Big 10 to leverage the Big 12 at their meetings. I don't think these people in the Big 10 want someone that will be throwing out threats if they don't get their way.

With that being said, I still think Missouri would be an ideal fit into the Big 10. They can bring the St. Louis (what Illinois don't already have) and Kansas City markets. They also have an ideal border rivalry with Nebraska, Iowa, and Illinois. Their football program is improving, and the basketball program can be good, and has been good in the past.

At this point, I believe IMHO that it is mainly politics that keep Missouri out. Politics that they created in their own arrogance.

Also could be that even when Missouri had a good football team they were getting ass pounded by good teams whenever they lost.

Also could be that even when Missouri had a good football team they were getting ass pounded by good teams whenever they lost.

I think it has a lot more to do than with just athletics though. But it is important to at least be able to compete. Northwestern is in the Big 10 aren't they?

I think it has a lot more to do than with just athletics though. But it is important to at least be able to compete. Northwestern is in the Big 10 aren't they?

Yeah but i was just trying to be funny.

So if the big east collapses there's a good chance the b10 adds nd and then mizzou to balance the b10.

Question is there is so much uncertainty about everything, so I ask Husker fans

Does Missouri get left behind?

If they do maybe we can get some of their recruits haha

Considering the only thing they bring to the table are the Golden Girls they would be an, at best, last minute addition.