Texas Might Stay in Big 12

If Texas stays...it's good and bad. NU has to pay exit penalty (BAD). Texas starts its own network, gets richer and treats the rest of the conference more like peasants than ever (BAD). Depending on who they bring in to make 12 or more teams, the conference gets better or worse (TOSSUP). The rest of OUR former Big 8 teams have a home (GOOD). I would have liked to see have seen Beebe out of a job as he is worthless, and nothing more than a Texas mouth piece (BAD)

I'd rather just pay the exit fee (stiff as it may be) and move on, never looking back, only forward. What the conference does after NU is officially gone will not be of any concern to us - we will just be interested spectators. Keeping it together seems like a temporary solution at this point, since what this whole mess has done was to reveal just how little trust there is between members of the Big 12.

Beebe is such a tool for seeing what was going on right under his nose, and doing absolutely nothing to attempt to get the ship righted. Well, not until after he realized his own arse was on the line.

• Fire 2

If Texas stays...it's good and bad. NU has to pay exit penalty (BAD). Texas starts its own network, gets richer and treats the rest of the conference more like peasants than ever (BAD). Depending on who they bring in to make 12 or more teams, the conference gets better or worse (TOSSUP). The rest of OUR former Big 8 teams have a home (GOOD). I would have liked to see have seen Beebe out of a job as he is worthless, and nothing more than a Texas mouth piece (BAD)

I'd rather just pay the exit fee (stiff as it may be) and move on, never looking back, only forward. What the conference does after NU is officially gone will not be of any concern to us - we will just be interested spectators. Keeping it together seems like a temporary solution at this point, since what this whole mess has done was to reveal just how little trust there is between members of the Big 12.

Beebe is such a tool for seeing what was going on right under his nose, and doing absolutely nothing to attempt to get the ship righted. Well, not until after he realized his own arse was on the line.

i agree, Beebe is like Obummer, he stood around and watched it all go to hell instead of working on it much sooner, both are losers! :LOLtartar

i agree, Beebe is like Obummer, he stood around and watched it all go to hell instead of working on it much sooner, both are losers! :LOLtartar

are you implying that the crash was during obama's presidency? or also that he hasn't passed more bills in his first year than any president since FDR?

AAHHHH No More Politics!!!!

...Beebe's assurances that a new TV deal can be reached on par with the SEC's $17 million/school for the 10 remaining schools in the Big 12 is in play and being considered by Texas.

Oh, so now he starts doing his job. What a joke.

Good for Beebe and UT if they save the big 12 but I believe it will be more of a headache than salvation for ISU, KU, K-State, Missouri and Baylor if the big 12 does hold on. UT has demonstrated to everyone what they're capable of and can essentially threaten to kill the conference at any time if they don't get what they want.

It's not difficult to see why Perlman and TO saw the big 10 as an island of stability for us and jumped on that ship as quickly as possible.

If Texas holds the Big XII together, anyone who has a shot at a raft, including Oklahoma, had better get on it fast. It would be the North Korea of football. Texas could demand that their longhorn symbol be printed on every north team's field, and if they don't like it, Texas hoists its girth and waddles to another conference. I'd feel worse for Kansas if Texas stayed than left.

I wonder how chip got this news?

{{day dreaming}}

Hey Chip,

How ya doin' buddy, thanks for posting the memos we wrote to you about threatening to jump to the Pac 10. Unfortunatly it didn't work, in fact it backfired: Nebraska's gone. CU snuck out the back door, and now the Ags are flirting with the SEC (but we still have Missouri!).

The Pac 10 won't let Baylor tag along and won't allow BevoTV so we're looking into maybe keeping the ol' gang together.

You've been doin' a fine job with our rumors so far, can you float this one out there now? Just say its from "three different sources at Big 12 South".

Thanks again,

Texas

If Texas holds the Big XII together, anyone who has a shot at a raft, including Oklahoma, had better get on it fast. It would be the North Korea of football. Texas could demand that their longhorn symbol be printed on every north team's field, and if they don't like it, Texas hoists its girth and waddles to another conference. I'd feel worse for Kansas if Texas stayed than left.

Why worse for KU? Nothing would change for them. Just that Texas would have two less teams to annoy them in meetings.

Oh, and KU would have to play OU/UT every year instead of every couple years.

I guess that might suck for KU. Sorry, Coach Gill.

i just don't think this is a bad idea at all. texas would have all the power they want, they would be the conference, it would still be fiscally viable. they could easily pick up two or more teams (tcu, colorado state, houston, although it wouldn't happen, it would be great for them to get arkansas, they would be more competitive in the new big 12) to keep the conference championship, because honestly, a conference become irrelevant when they don't have a championship and don't play for a month. you gotta have a championship.

For any of you seriously contemplating listening to Craig James' delusions about an Arkansas in a revamped Big XII, please put down your safety scissors, and make sure your helmets are on tight.

Arkansas invented telling Texas to stick it's conference up it's Bevo.

There's a better chance Turner Gill is a closet Sooner than Arkansas ever going to a revamped Big XII.

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/06/13/2014828/source-chances-of-big-12s-survival.html#ixzz0qmxdzNMG

A source close to the realignment negotiations suggested that Texas — the key to league survival in its present form — probably would gain concessions for “getting to play the hero.”

It was concessions to Texas — for example, in the form of uneven revenue distribution that allows schools to keep more of their money from TV appearances — on which an unstable foundation was laid when the Southwest Conference and the Big Eight Conference merged.

“There is a price,” the source said. “But the price is worth it, or it’s a price we have to pay.”

I still wouldn't look at that as being a long term solution. We thought Texas was overbearing before. It's just gonna get worse and worse for the old big 8 schools.

And yeah, the big 10 isn't going to expand with any school that is in another bcs conference. It doesn't bring in enough money to be attractive for one thing and believe me every school out there has watched the Texas media this week and saw how they do business. Nobody is going to join unless they need a bcs conference, and even then they have to know that its probably not going to hold together long.

i just don't think this is a bad idea at all. texas would have all the power they want, they would be the conference, it would still be fiscally viable. they could easily pick up two or more teams (tcu, colorado state, houston, although it wouldn't happen, it would be great for them to get arkansas, they would be more competitive in the new big 12) to keep the conference championship, because honestly, a conference become irrelevant when they don't have a championship and don't play for a month. you gotta have a championship.

For any of you seriously contemplating listening to Craig James' delusions about an Arkansas in a revamped Big XII, please put down your safety scissors, and make sure your helmets are on tight.

There's a better chance Turner Gill is a closet Sooner than Arkansas ever going to a revamped Big XII.

although i'm a little offended, i'll still respond. first, i just remember my dad always telling me about how arkansas should have been in the big 12 and they are an old rival of texas from the swc years. so that's why i say that. also, arkansas will never win an SEC championship, let alone their division, so they would be more competitive, which may be a strong motive. i do not think that it is at all likely, but it would be worth pushing for the big 12.

also, stop saying 'revamped', the makes it sound like it will be better, maybe it should be could the salvaged big 12.

although i'm a little offended, i'll still respond. first, i just remember my dad always telling me about how arkansas should have been in the big 12 and they are an old rival of texas from the swc years. so that's why i say that. also, arkansas will never win an SEC championship, let alone their division, so they would be more competitive, which may be a strong motive. i do not think that it is at all likely, but it would be worth pushing for the big 12.

also, stop saying 'revamped', the makes it sound like it will be better, maybe it should be could the salvaged big 12.

Arkansas has been to the SEC championship games more times (3) than Kentucky, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Mississippi, and Mississippi St COMBINED. They have been to the Championship game as many times as Auburn and Georgia. The only teams with more appearances are LSU, Florida, Alabama and Tennessee. I think Arkansas has proven it belongs in the SEC and has proven it can win and compete for division championships.

Arkansas has been to the SEC championship games more times (3) than Kentucky, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Mississippi, and Mississippi St COMBINED. They have been to the Championship game as many times as Auburn and Georgia. The only teams with more appearances are LSU, Florida, Alabama and Tennessee. I think Arkansas more than belongs to be in the SEC and has proven it can win and compete for division championships.

not impressed (with the bold part). LSU, Florida, Alabama, and Tennessee are the SEC, no other school matters; especially Kentucky, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Mississippi, and Mississippi St., those teams are lucky to have winning records.

also, i was just saying they would be MORE competitive in the Big 12, that's all.