Would you still want to play Kansas every year?

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If it were possible to schedule Kansas every year as a non-conference opponent instead of one the usual mid-major opponents (Sun Belt, WAC, Vally etc.), keeping the longest series in college football alive, would you like to see that happen? Or is it time to let it go and move on? Or do you not care either way?

I would love to see this possibility explored if there's a mutual interest, even if it means upping the overall schedule strength a bit and possibility having two away games for non-conference play some years.

Why? They have proven to the world now that they are a non-contender by kissing up to Texass. They should just find a Division II conference to join so that they could compete on an even basis. They have admitted now that they don't belong in Division I competing with the big boys.

Most traditions are going by the wayside now days. We have had a great tradition of playing Kansas for so many years. Time to move on. I do hope that their football program only gets better and better under Turner G, and starts beating Texas year in and year out. I was not looking forward to having to play against a team that he was coaching. Beating a Kansas team with him at the helm, would not be as enjoyable as in prior years. Tough to root against a great Husker legend. I will be rooting big time for them, on the days they play Texas.

I wish the Jayhawks nothing but the best.

GBR!!!

Wow, I'm really surprised by all the rancor against Kansas. I thought people understood that what they did was a crappy deal for them, but necessary (at least in the short term).

Would your opinion change about them if they left the Big 12-2?

i agree with the bold.

personally, i think another advantage to leaving the big 12-2 is that we do not have to face Turner Gill every year. that was a lose-lose situation.

I chose no and here's why. With this new round robin type schedule the Big 12 will have, I see KU as having little to no chance at ever winning the Big 12 in football. If they're not going to be a top in the Big 12, I see little reason to play them. They won't be the creampuff that we normally schedule out of conference, yet they won't ever be strong enough to be much of a contender in the Big 12. It would appear by scheduling them that they could be a trap game for us. We either need to schedule a contender in OU or Texas, or we need to schedule a creampuff as a warm up to the Big 10 season.

I chose no and here's why. With this new round robin type schedule the Big 12 will have, I see KU as having little to no chance at ever winning the Big 12 in football. If they're not going to be a top in the Big 12, I see little reason to play them. They won't be the creampuff that we normally schedule out of conference, yet they won't ever be strong enough to be much of a contender in the Big 12. It would appear by scheduling them that they could be a trap game for us. We either need to schedule a contender in OU or Texas, or we need to schedule a creampuff as a warm up to the Big 10 season.

With that round robin format, ISU, KSU, KU none stand a chance to win a conference championship. Missouri will find the going really tough to do it too, but in a really good year might be able to do it. The power is going to lie with Texas and OU for the most part. A couple of the other southern teams have about as much chance as Missouri, but they are longshots, too.

Tradition is out the window now, it is time to begin anew, with new traditional rivalries in the new Big Ten. OU is at fault IMHO for allowing our rivalry with them go when the Big 12 began. You couldn't blame them, they knew that they already faced the annual gauntlet of the Big 12 South. As far as KU, KSU, and ISU go, those games have always kind of been like in a movie, where the big powerful University in a state always faced their "State" school every year knowing it was going to be a blow out most years, not even close. Instead of them being a "State" school in state, they were just lessor schools in the border states. Let's face it, most years they did not really ever compete in the Big 8 or the Big 12 for the most part. They were just speed bumps on the schedule. KU had improved in football, I will admit, but even their basketball program is not the national power house that it once was.

Bottom line, it is time to move on. It is also time for those schools that are not really real competitors to fall by the wayside and find lessor conferences that they fit as a competitor in, whether it be an existing minor conference, or a newly created conference.

I chose yes for many of the same reasons. IF we get 3 OOC games like we had back with Dr. Tom, he would schedule one creampuff, one middle of the road and one marquee. KU takes the middle of the road, plus gives the fans another home game in Lawrence :hellloooo

On second thought, we might need 2 home games minimum OCC, three if we go 4 OOC.