Cyclown Fanatic.....fools

Another "stellar defensive bout"? HAHA! That does not describe last year's game. We had our way with their defense, and lost eight freakin' fumbles. Niles dropping the ball as he was running untouched to the endzone. Meno dropping the ball untouched deep in our own territory. And we STILL had a chance to win at the end of the game. To think that will ever, ever happen again, to any football team period really, in the near future...it's just pretty unlikely.

Nebraska: It took everything and more falling our way to BARELY win last year. Don't see a W this year. (4-6)

This guy got it right.

Another "stellar defensive bout"? HAHA! That does not describe last year's game. We had our way with their defense, and lost eight freakin' fumbles. Niles dropping the ball as he was running untouched to the endzone. Meno dropping the ball untouched deep in our own territory. And we STILL had a chance to win at the end of the game. To think that will ever, ever happen again, to any football team period really, in the near future...it's just pretty unlikely.

Nebraska: It took everything and more falling our way to BARELY win last year. Don't see a W this year. (4-6)

This guy got it right.

every time BO got to the 20 yard line, we should have kicked a field goal, we would have doubled the point ISU put on the board.

:LOLtartar:LOLtartar That's just the laugh I needed today. They do realize they beat us on average once a decade, right? We're gonna absolutely steamroll them this year...just like we woulda done last year if not for those inside-the-redzone turnovers. Reality will set in nicely for them I'm sure :bigredn:

The gems keep coming out of this thread:

"The key in next year's schedule is winning those toss up games. Such as Utah, Missouri, and Texas Tech. Kansas, Kansas St, Northern Illinois, UNI, and Colorado are winniable. If we beat all those teams then there is something special building in Ames this year."

He has 8 games listed as toss ups, thats like 3/4 of the schedule.

To be fair, after the initial posters' predictions, the Cyclone fans became a bit more realistic about their season. Common sense finally prevailed...with later postings suggesting a 5-7 (still optimistic, in my opinion) season. I agree that, in general, the none of the posters in the thread really gave Nebraska any respect. For that reason, I would like to see the Huskers steamroll the Cyclones in Ames this year.

This makes me wonder if fans from other fanbases think we're delusional for thinking we can win 10-12 games? All of them have Iowa as a loss, but many have NU as a "toss-up."

Its not delusional if you have a history of 10-12 wins a season, and just the season before reached 10 wins. Delusional is only having one 9 win season in your existence and multiple seasons with 9 losses, but thinking you are going 9-3 in a season where you are going to play 4 top 10 teams.

Yeah, ISU sucks. They just do. If you're a fan and want to be optimistic about your season, great. But optimism and outright delusion are two different things. If your team sucks, has a history of sucking, and has never known anything but sucking (well, mediocrity at best), at least try to keep the rampant optimism under a little control.

Yeah, ISU sucks. They just do. If you're a fan and want to be optimistic about your season, great. But optimism and outright delusion are two different things. If your team sucks, has a history of sucking, and has never known anything but sucking (well, mediocrity at best), at least try to keep the rampant optimism under a little control.

All joking aside, to be fair, there were only two or three posters who agreed 9-3 was a real possibility. Most of the posts I saw had anywhere from 3-9 to 6-6, which I think that range seems reasonable.