Wanted: Playmakers

On offense I'm going with the easy picks: Niles Paul and Mike McNeill, but I'll be watching Brandon Kinnie with high hopes to really step up his game.

On defense: Of course, gotta go with Jared Crick but I'm also pretty stoked about Cameron Meredith this year. I think the kid is going to have a good year. Eric Hagg too.

I think rex burkhead is going to have a very good year this year.. he would of had 1000 yards last year if he wouldnt of gotten hurt...I really wish that I would of went to some of his highschool games I live in Frisco Texas and plano is basically 5-10 mins away from me

Agree with all those mentioned by craigsker and others.

Gomes is another guy worth mentioning. Even though he probably won’t start, Gomes has a nose for the ball and will get a fair number of interceptioins.

Who will be the playmakers this year?

Niles Paul, Rex Burkhead, Mike McNeil, Roy Helu Jr, Dejon Gomes, Eric Hagg, Jared Crick, Prince Amukamara

Who needs to be playmakers this year?

The starting QB, Baker Steinkuhler, and whoever plays at the linebacker spot(s)

Offense: Niles Paul. He really needs to find some consistency . . . he doesn't play like his head is in the game. (see failure to pursue defender after he picked up a lateral against TT and the crazy fumble against ISU.)

Defense: Gomes. The guy just made spectacular plays last year. Interception vs. MU. Strip v. KU. Amazing interception against UT. Etc.

Gomes all the way. Dude is the definition of a playmaker.

Craigsker I'm with on you Meredith too, I think he's gonna be the best pass-rusher we've seen at NU in a while.

On offense, I think Niles is already an established playmaker, he just needs to be consistent and show up in big games. Also, I think BK is the Cameron Meredith of the offense. In other words, poised for a breakout year.

Gomes all the way. Dude is the definition of a playmaker.

Craigsker I'm with on you Meredith too, I think he's gonna be the best pass-rusher we've seen at NU in a while.

On offense, I think Niles is already an established playmaker, he just needs to be consistent and show up in big games. Also, I think BK is the Cameron Meredith of the offense. In other words, poised for a breakout year.

Gomes and Thearnse are gonna freakin assassins back in the secondary.

On defense, Everybody knows who the playmakers are or should be, but Im gonna go with Compton, Meredith, and Baby Steinkuhler. If these guys bring their game to another level and with the talent already in place..... WOW!!! Opposing offense are gonna scared out of their shoulder pads.

On offense, Im gonna go with Lee, Helu, Paul, and Rex. These 4 guys are glue to our offense. If they all stay healthy, our offense will be improve so much (21-24 pts a game) that our defense doesnt have to win us every single game.

On offense, my hope is the playmakers are the OL. Without good/great play from the OL, it will be very difficult for a QB, WR, or RB to be much of a playmaker. On defense, we should be fine in the DL and the secondary. My hope is that we have at least one if not a couple of LB's stepping up becoming playmakers.