My Big 12 Predictions 2010

Big 12 North

1. Nebraska | 12-2 (Loses to Washington, Missouri. Wins Big 12 Championship vs. Oklahoma)

2. Missouri | 10-3 (Loses to Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Texas Tech)

3. Kansas State | 9-4 (Loses to Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Texas, Missouri)

4. Colorado | 7-6 (Loses to Georgia, Nebraska, Missouri, Kansas State, Oklahoma, California)

5. Kansas | 6-7 (Loses to Georgia Tech, Kansas State, Texas A&M, Colorado, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Missouri)

6. Iowa State | 4-9 (Loses to Iowa, Kansas State, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri)

Big 12 South

1. Oklahoma | 12-2 (Loses to Texas Tech. Loses Big 12 Championship vs. Nebraska)

2. Texas | 11-2 (Loses to Nebraska, Oklahoma)

3. Texas Tech | 10-3 (Loses to Texas, Arkansas, Houston)

4. Texas A&M | 9-4 (Loses to Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Texas)

5. Oklahoma State | 8-5 (Loses to Washington State, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Nebraska, Texas, Oklahoma)

6. Baylor | 3-10 (Loses to TCU, Kansas, Texas Tech, Colorado, Kansas State, Texas, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, Oklahoma)

Nebraska looks to be headed for a solid season despite some question marks. The defense is a concern due to the graduations from last year. The offense has concerns just due to its inability in almost every area last year. Still, with the schedule the Big Red has this season...9 or 10 win season looks certain.

There are really three toss up games this year. They are Washington, Texas and Missouri. And there are three games that could be more interesting than we would like them to be. Those are K-State, Texas A&M and Colorado.

At best, I could see Nebraska winning all three toss ups and avoiding trips against those three lesser foes. That's right. NU could go unbeaten.

At worst, the Huskers could lose all three toss ups and trip over one of the three lesser foes and still end up with nine wins.

Just out of curiousity, how come you think Mizzou will beat Nebraska in Lincoln? Just a hunch? Educated guess? Washington I can see why you picked them. First away game, excellent qb, etc. A&M will also be an extremely tough road game traveleing to the 12th man. That game is always tough.

Just out of curiousity, how come you think Mizzou will beat Nebraska in Lincoln? Just a hunch? Educated guess? Washington I can see why you picked them. First away game, excellent qb, etc. A&M will also be an extremely tough road game traveleing to the 12th man. That game is always tough.

I feel like when you guys beat Texas that you will let your guard down in the next weeks. Missouri has been quietly assembling a pretty scary team. Nebraska lost some close games they "should have won" last year, and I think that is going to be Mizzou this year.

I say 13-1 and here is why:

1. Sarkisian at Washington spaced out the spring workouts because he said his team "didn't have the depth on the OL/DL to practice on consecutive days. That definately bodes well for Nebraska.

2. Mizzou is Mizzou

3. I have always compared Sherman to Callahan. So it is now time for Sherman to emplode.

4. Okie Lite can always put together a good offense, but their defenses have never been anything to sneeze at.

5. We will lose to a team that we have no business losing to.

On the bright side, this is the first year for a long time that we can honestly say that we could win every single game on our schedule. You would not get laughed at if you picked Nebraska to win the Big 12. You could with a straight face pick us to win the National Championship. The last one would be a bold prediction, but it is not out of the relm of possibility.

I feel like when you guys beat Texas that you will let your guard down in the next weeks. Missouri has been quietly assembling a pretty scary team. Nebraska lost some close games they "should have won" last year, and I think that is going to be Mizzou this year.

Or we've gotten the bad side of luck quite a bit lately and it might start to tilt our way this year? I don't see how any of our recent complete-luck "fluke" instances will be happening again.

That's an educated opinion. Last year we had a Mizzou "hangover" and laid an egg against TTech.

I like your predictions! I don't mean to nick-pick since you were very thorough, but I think Oklahoma State beats Washington State. Haven't the Cougars been one of the worst teams in college football in recent years? Other than that, I see this being very realistic.

Big 12 North

1. Nebraska | 12-2 (Loses to Washington, Missouri. Wins Big 12 Championship vs. Oklahoma)

4. Colorado | 7-6 (Loses to Georgia, Nebraska, Missouri, Kansas State, Oklahoma, California)

5. Kansas | 6-7 (Loses to Georgia Tech, Kansas State, Texas A&M, Colorado, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Missouri)

6. Iowa State | 4-9 (Loses to Iowa, Kansas State, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri)

Big 12 South

1. Oklahoma | 12-2 (Loses to Texas Tech. Loses Big 12 Championship vs. Nebraska)

5. Oklahoma State | 8-5 (Loses to Washington State, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Nebraska, Texas, Oklahoma)

6. Baylor | 3-10 (Loses to TCU, Kansas, Texas Tech, Colorado, Kansas State, Texas, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, Oklahoma)

I think if we lose to Missery it will be simply because they outplayed us. If there is any sign of letting guard down, I think it will be on the road to Oklahoma State. Don't expect a Texas hangover two weeks later with Bo as coach, if there is even going to be one at all.

Big 12 North

Big 12 South

I don't understand your 13 game schedule. Are you assuming that all BIG12 teams will make a bowl game of some sort? For example, how is Baylor going to get that 10th loss?

Regardless, I'd totally take a 9-3 record this year if we can get that win over Nebraska. I guess at 10-3 you are predicting a better bowl performance from my Tiger's this year?

Big 12 North

1. Nebraska | 12-211-3 (Loses to Washington, Missouri, Iowa State. Wins Big 12 Championship vs. Oklahoma)

2. Missouri | 10-39-4 (Loses to Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, ISU)

6. Iowa State | 4-96-7 (Loses to Iowa, Kansas State, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri)

Big 12 South

There's one major flaw in your picks....afterall they did beat us in Lincoln and now we have to go play them at one of THE MOST DANGEROUS stadiums in the country! :hellloooo:ahhhhhhhh:facepalm:

From another Husker message board, here's my take on the North, in order of finish:

Nebraska - 19 starters return, however, lots of questions with the offense. The secondary could be one of the nation's best. Conference games against Texas, Missouri, and AtM loom to be big challenges if they want a return trip to Dallas and the Big 12 CCG.

Missouri - 17 starters return. They should start the season 5-0, but is followed by AtM, OU, NU, and TT in 4 consecutive weeks...ouch.

Kansas St - 14 starters returning, including one of the league's best RB's.

Kansas - 17 starters returning (including 8 on offense - all they lost was Reesing, Meier, and Briscoe? ). How will this team respond to Turner? They could start the season 4-1 or 3-2, first 5 games are ND St, Georgia Tech, Southern Miss, New Mexico St, and Baylor.

Colorado - 17 starers returning. Just a hard, hard team to figure out.

Iowa St - 13 returning starters (only 4 returning on defense) & nation's most difficult schedule (@ Iowa, Texas Tech, Utah, @ Oklahoma, @ Texas, and Nebraska) Like the the 2006 3OT shoot-out opener against Toledo, the 2010 opener against Northern Illinois could set the tone for the entire season.

South, looking to be another competitive year, in order of finish:

Oklahoma - 18 starters returning Injuries last year meant alot of people got major playing time and IIRC, is number one in Phil Steele's preseason poll.

Texas A&M - 19 starers returning, including most of last year's offense that was 5th nationally.

Texas - 14 starters returning. Is this a rebuilding or simply a reloading year? Garrett Gilbert had a baptism by fire in the the 2009 MNC game and once the butterfiles went away, he looked to be promising, but will make rookie mistakes in 2010.

Texas Tech - 16 starters returning. Despite a new coach, TT's offense won't change much, if at all espically with Kliff Kinsbury coming in as QB's coach and co-OC. This is a very underrated team and with Tuberville's defensive background, they could be sneaky good in 2010.

Oklahoma St - 12 starters returning. This team has lost alot on both sides of the ball and Gundy has fired himself as OC and bought in Dana Holgrosen to call the plays and is a disciple of Mike Leach.

Baylor - 14 starters returning. Will Griffin be able to recover the magic from his freshman year?

For the last year NU is in the conference, a present for the waaaaaTigers:

5th down again CU: waaaaaa

flea kicker again NU: waaaaaa

KU goes to Orange Bowl: waaaaa

its raining: waaaa

MU plays Navy in last year's bowl: waaaaaa

loses to Navy: waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Big 10 picks NU over MU: waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Beats NU in last Big 12 meeting, yet NU is Big 12 north champ: waaaaaaaaaaaaa

Seriously, us against Texas has nothing on MU

Ha ha! I LIKE the part about beating OU in the B12CCG. And I agree that we'll probably drop a couple somewhere along the line. But I doubt it will be to either UW or Mizzou.