My Big 12 Predictions 2010

Wow...those are pretty good. So good in fact that maybe you can help me with some predictions for the Big 10

1) How many Iowa football players will be arrested this year and be suspended for that nailbiting Iowa vs Maine game as punishment?

2) How many high schools will Wisconsin sue for having the audacity to place a W on their helmet that vaguely resembles a W?

3) Illinois had its' Juice, Ohio State had its' Beeny...which food will be represented by this year's most over-hyped player in the Big 10?

4) What will be the highest score run up on Minnesota when people figure out Kevin Cosgrove is running the same crap defensive sets there that he ran in Nebraska?

5) How many games will it take before Ricky Stanzi bombs, is benched and transfers to Northern Illinois?

6) Is this the year Joe Paterno turns to dust?

I have more but I'll wait for your response on these...

Oh..and Iowa State over Iowa by 7. Count on it.

• Fire 2

4) What will be the highest score run up on Minnesota when people figure out Kevin Cosgrove is running the same crap defensive sets there that he ran in Nebraska?

If there is any football justice AT ALL, Cosgrove will still be the DC at Minny when we get to play them.

Oooooohhhhh do I hope he's still there.

Wow...those are pretty good. So good in fact that maybe you can help me with some predictions for the Big 10

1) How many Iowa football players will be arrested this year and be suspended for that nailbiting Iowa vs Maine game as punishment?

2) How many high schools will Wisconsin sue for having the audacity to place a W on their helmet that vaguely resembles a W?

3) Illinois had its' Juice, Ohio State had its' Beeny...which food will be represented by this year's most over-hyped player in the Big 10?

5) How many games will it take before Ricky Stanzi bombs, is benched and transfers to Northern Illinois?

6) Is this the year Joe Paterno turns to dust?

I have more but I'll wait for your response on these...

Oh..and Iowa State over Iowa by 7. Count on it.

I dont care who you are thats funny right there. +1

Ricky Stanzi wont bomb, hes got uncle sam on his side. USA #1!

Big 12 North

1. Nebraska | 12-2 (Loses to Washington, Missouri. Wins Big 12 Championship vs. Oklahoma)

2. Missouri | 10-3 (Loses to Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Texas Tech)

3. Kansas State | 9-4 (Loses to Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Texas, Missouri)

4. Colorado | 7-6 (Loses to Georgia, Nebraska, Missouri, Kansas State, Oklahoma, California)

5. Kansas | 6-7 (Loses to Georgia Tech, Kansas State, Texas A&M, Colorado, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Missouri)

6. Iowa State | 4-9 (Loses to Iowa, Kansas State, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri)

Big 12 South

1. Oklahoma | 12-2 (Loses to Texas Tech. Loses Big 12 Championship vs. Nebraska)

2. Texas | 11-2 (Loses to Nebraska, Oklahoma)

3. Texas Tech | 10-3 (Loses to Texas, Arkansas, Houston)

4. Texas A&M | 9-4 (Loses to Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Texas)

5. Oklahoma State | 8-5 (Loses to Washington State, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Nebraska, Texas, Oklahoma)

6. Baylor | 3-10 (Loses to TCU, Kansas, Texas Tech, Colorado, Kansas State, Texas, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, Oklahoma)

Let me get this straight. You believe Texas Tech is good enough to beat Oklahoma and Mizzou, but they aren't good enough to beat Arkansas or Houston? I think Tommy Tuberville is a good coach, but I'm not expecting any miracles this season with regards to Texas Tech. Tuberville isn't the mad offensive genious Leach is. I see Texas Tech struggling for a few years until they beef up their D. I'd say there's a 50/50 chance that a Big 12 team plays in the NC game against the SEC champ. I don't see the Big 12 champ having 2 or more losses.

We will not lose to Missery in our house...that game will be key in taking the North. Bo will have the troops ready to roll and the crowd will make it impossible for Gabby to communicate. And when they lose they will have an excuse...Just like last year was God's fault for making it rain.

We will not lose to Missery in our house...that game will be key in taking the North. Bo will have the troops ready to roll and the crowd will make it impossible for Gabby to communicate. And when they lose they will have an excuse...Just like last year was God's fault for making it rain.

I agree, I think the team will be up for this game just as much as the UT game. They were destroyed the last time they came to town from whistle to whistle, then Fatty McDaniel rubbed salt in the wound by making up a story about Suh spitting on him, just to disgrace us more.

Of ALL the games on the schedule, this one has revenge written all over it. MU fan is confident that without the rain and without Suh tearing up Gabbert's ankle they would have been playing UT last year in the championship game. I believe we pound MU in Lincoln, the spread is dead, it's a non factor against Pelini's D. Misery can't throw enough inside WR screens to win this one.

I think our toss up games are Washington, UT and A&M, if we win 1 or 2 of those 3, we'll be in great shape.

Big 12 North

1. Nebraska | 12-2 (Loses to Washington, Missouri. Wins Big 12 Championship vs. Oklahoma)

4. Colorado | 7-6 (Loses to Georgia, Nebraska, Missouri, Kansas State, Oklahoma, California)

5. Kansas | 6-7 (Loses to Georgia Tech, Kansas State, Texas A&M, Colorado, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Missouri)

6. Iowa State | 4-9 (Loses to Iowa, Kansas State, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri)

Big 12 South

1. Oklahoma | 12-2 (Loses to Texas Tech. Loses Big 12 Championship vs. Nebraska)

5. Oklahoma State | 8-5 (Loses to Washington State, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Nebraska, Texas, Oklahoma)

6. Baylor | 3-10 (Loses to TCU, Kansas, Texas Tech, Colorado, Kansas State, Texas, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, Oklahoma)

I agree with everything except for your forecast on Baylor. Manhattan, have you ever seen Robert Griffin play?

If there is any football justice AT ALL, Cosgrove will still be the DC at Minny when we get to play them.

Oooooohhhhh do I hope he's still there.

Yeah, our offensive problems would have been gone for one game last year had we played them.

Eh. I don't see this team losing to Washington or Missouri. Both teams are very similar, relying on a star QB and solid WR corps but mediocre Offensive Lines, unspectacular running games and poor defenses.

Those aren't the kinds of teams that give Bo Pelini problems, Bo's defenses have some trouble with the unknown QB that doesn't have a ton of film on them (especially when they are inserted mid-game against Nebraska) but the super talented QB's with lots of highlights - and thus lots of film.. Bo generally can shut those down. Especially if a team can't get a consistent run game going that can eat up 4ypc or can't stop our offense consistently (or in Missouri's case without the help of a monsoon :P).

No the real trouble games this year are Kansas State (not really to beat us but they could be a tough team to put away until late) Texas A&M and of course Texas. We won't lose all three, but it will be tough to win all three as well.

Big 12 North

Big 12 South

I agree with everything except for your forecast on Baylor. Manhattan, have you ever seen Robert Griffin play?

Which game(s) on their schedule is one player the difference between a win and a loss?

Eh. I don't see this team losing to Washington or Missouri. Both teams are very similar, relying on a star QB and solid WR corps but mediocre Offensive Lines, unspectacular running games and poor defenses.

Those aren't the kinds of teams that give Bo Pelini problems, Bo's defenses have some trouble with the unknown QB that doesn't have a ton of film on them (especially when they are inserted mid-game against Nebraska) but the super talented QB's with lots of highlights - and thus lots of film.. Bo generally can shut those down. Especially if a team can't get a consistent run game going that can eat up 4ypc or can't stop our offense consistently (or in Missouri's case without the help of a monsoon :P).

No the real trouble games this year are Kansas State (not really to beat us but they could be a tough team to put away until late) Texas A&M and of course Texas. We won't lose all three, but it will be tough to win all three as well.

No freakin way we lose to Washington. Everybody is so high on them this year, I cant figure out why. They won 5 games last year, big deal :sarcasm . Guess how many points they gave up last year on average per game.... 27. The gave up 31 to the offensively challenged LSU team last year. I expect NU to score that much if not more. With our defense that will be more than enough. The havent develop the kinda of depth yet to compete with the major programs, especially on the line. Locker and Polk are good players, but not enough to beat Nebraska alone. I expect this game to be over by the 3rd quarter.

Mizzou is gonna be another 9-3, 8-4 team, unless they start playing defense. Until that happens I expect NU to come away with win.

Kansas State, might be the trap game.... Thursday Night ESPN, that place will be rockin, Snyder always has is boys ready to play, but NU is undefeated on Thursday Night games.

Texas game is obvious tough game, but we get them at home and karma on our side.

A&M might be another trap game. Nebraska could be 10-0 entering that game and with pressure starting the mount on running the table, the Aggies could prove to be the spoiler, stayed with Texas in last years game.

Okie State, aka Boone Pickens school of oil. No way they win 8 games this year. In case you forgot they lost Robinson, Bryant(eventhough he was suspend the last half) and host of others that won 9 games last year. Nebraska will not lose this game unless we turn in another ISU performance.

Other than Arizona we never really put a game away (BCS conference) in the 3rd quarter last year. Not confident we can do it this year.

True they never put away a team by the 3rd quarter. But Washington is in the Pac 10, which in my opinion is not near the conference the Big 12 is as far as competiveness top to bottom.

Big 12 North

Big 12 South

Which game(s) on their schedule is one player the difference between a win and a loss?

IMO, Colorado and Kansas.