Im from Ireland and I've really gotten into American Football

Mostly the NFL but for the past few years I have really enjoyed college football

But I havent really supported a team

Now, I have decided that I want to pick a team and stay with that team

I have narrowed the list down to-

Nebraska

Oklahoma

Texas

Alabama

I shouldnt really ask what one as the answer will be obvious but Id like you to say why should I support the Big Red?

If it were me in your situation, I'd broaden my horizons and choose one team from each conference. Personally, I like Oregon State from the Pac10. I like their coach, and I like the way he's able to compete. Stanford is another team from the Pac10 I always cheer for. I'm from Nebraska, so it's understandable why Nebraska is my team from the Big 12. I like Virginia Tech in the ACC and cheer for them as. Penn State gets my nod in the Big 10 because of JoePa. While it might seem like a bandwagon pick, I cheer for Florida in the SEC because I like Urban Meyer and what he was able to accomplish at both Utah and Florida. In the Big East, I always go for Uconn.

Of the four you've narrowed down, there are a lot of similarities between all the programs. Historically, all four have been good. They all have a rabid fanbase. All four teams have almost unrealistic expectations of their programs. If you're going to choose one of the four based upon their coaches, I think you have to rule out Alabama as more than likely Saban won't be a lifer there.

Mostly the NFL but for the past few years I have really enjoyed college football

Nebraska

Oklahoma

Texas

Alabama

I shouldnt really ask what one as the answer will be obvious but Id like you to say why should I support the Big Red?

Delete Texas from that list and you've pegged a top 3 favorite teams about as perfectly as you could have. Even got them in the right order. If you want to a a traditionalist, old school guy whatever you want to call it the teams I would list Nebraska , Okalhoma, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, USC, Alabama would be the most important in my opinion. Games that must not EVER be missed as they are the greatest traditional rivalries would be Nebraska vs Oklahoma, Ohio State vs. Michigan, USC vs Notre Dame , Texas vs Oklahoma and Army vs Navy. Unfortunately Nebraska vs Oklahoma isn't going to happen much any more.

Nebraska

Oklahoma

Texas

Alabama

Husker fans are not made they are born. In your case we would make an exception. NU football means so much to me. If you watch the video that is linked above, you will realize that all of HuskerNation is a part of something bigger than themselves. We are a huge family centered around this program. If you become a Husker you will not regret it. Cheers lad ;)

ahem...Cl*mson...*cough*

Mod Edit - swearing :)

Clemson is a swear word? :blink:

:facepalm:

:lol:

Is it because that whole Jan. 1, 1982 Orange Bowl thing??? Cause until now, I haven't even brought that up...

;)

Now you're just rubbing salt in the wound.

:espnsucks: <------ this is supposed to be the ban him motey but I can't find it because I'm bad at computers.