QB Race

Bo is either adopting the philosophy that the QB position is no different than the DT or LB or CB position, or he's just using coachspeak to keep Cody Green happy. I suspect it's the latter. In any case...I don't knowwwww, we are gonna see how this plays out.

Bo has to know that a young QB like Taylor looking over his shoulder is not a good thing. If he makes freshman mistakes as we KNOW he will, people are going to say "This QB race is close. We've seen these mistakes; why not put Lee back in there or go with Green." I suspect that Pelini, if he ever gets impatient with enough mistakes from Taylor, would go to Green next if it came to it.

All told a fairly agonizing situation to follow. Clarity is always much better and unfortunately we aren't going to have it this season, short of Taylor breaking out to be an all-world player, which I know some of you are actually expecting to happen.

While I thought T - Mart looked good just remember it was against a bad team.

Even Joe Dailey had record breaking game his first outing.

Lincoln - Sophomore quarterback Joe Dailey produced six touchdowns to tie the Nebraska single-game record and lead the Huskers to a 56-17 victory over Western Illinois in Coach Bill Callahan’s debut. In his first starting appearance, Dailey completed 15-of-30 pass attempts for 218 yards to go with four touchdowns and four interceptions. Dailey’s four passing scores were the most by a Nebraska quarterback since Eric Crouch had five against Iowa in 2000. Dailey also rushed four times for 28 yards and two more scores.

The defense is what concerned me the most in this game. Though Pellini says it fixable and just getting everyone being on the same page.

While I thought T - Mart looked good just remember it was against a bad team.

Even Joe Dailey had record breaking game his first outing.

Lincoln - Sophomore quarterback Joe Dailey produced six touchdowns to tie the Nebraska single-game record and lead the Huskers to a 56-17 victory over Western Illinois in Coach Bill Callahan’s debut. In his first starting appearance, Dailey completed 15-of-30 pass attempts for 218 yards to go with four touchdowns and four interceptions. Dailey’s four passing scores were the most by a Nebraska quarterback since Eric Crouch had five against Iowa in 2000. Dailey also rushed four times for 28 yards and two more scores.

The defense is what concerned me the most in this game. Though Pellini says it fixable and just getting everyone being on the same page.

If Martinez had 4 picks I might agree with the comparison. WKU didn't look like a winless team from last year. I think their coach has them believing. I still think NU should have played a lot better though.

I refuse to buy into this hype until TMart proves himself against real competition. I'd rather not go through this every single season where an untested QB is the next Crouch/Frazier

I don't remember "anybody" ever claiming Z. Lee, J. Dailey, Ganz, Taylor, etc was the next Crouch/Frazier.

I refuse to buy into this hype until TMart proves himself against real competition. I'd rather not go through this every single season where an untested QB is the next Crouch/Frazier

I don't remember "anybody" ever claiming Z. Lee, J. Dailey, Ganz, Taylor, etc was the next Crouch/Frazier.

Have you not seen the number of Martinez-Crouch comparisons?

Have you not seen the number of Martinez-Crouch comparisons?

Well with all the merges, it's hard to keep track. <_<

Were you on this board last year? You'd have to be blind to miss the nonstop Green hype. And yea, I've seen several mentions of TMart being the next Crouch. After watching HS film and a game against a scrub team.

And I wasn't being totally literal, it's just that this board has been overly ridiculous in regards to our QB situation over the past year

Were you on this board last year? You'd have to be blind to miss the nonstop Green hype. And yea, I've seen several mentions of TMart being the next Crouch. After watching HS film and a game against a scrub team.

And I wasn't being totally literal, it's just that this board has been overly ridiculous in regards to our QB situation over the past year

Here's your original post...."I'd rather not go through this every single season where an untested QB is the next Crouch/Frazier"

You stated that "every year" there all these claims to us having another Crouch/Frazier. That's why I listed all the qbs we have had lately....and NO ONE said they looked like Frazier/Crouch. Yeah, I was on the board last years and while there was plenty of hype for Green for a short while, I don't remember "anybody" saying he was a Crouch or Frazier.

Of course Tmart is compared to Crouch because their both incredible speed burners. Duh! But if you noticed, I didn't include Tmart in that list for that one simple reason. He's the "only" qb we've had since Crouch that's being compared to him. That's all.

I didn't include Tmart in that list

Did you mean Zac Taylor then? I assumed you meant Martinez, and some others probably did too.

Yep. Yeah, I should have spelled out the whole name.