NUs lowest AP vote comes from a Big 10 Network journalist

NUance

I guess I am missing where Fro said anything that isn't true??

BTW, he was using the Helu thing to prove that Washington WASN'T overrated, not the other way around...

finally... somebody gets it! Thanks ItDtG!

:thumbs

I guess I thought it was obvious, but some may have misread it.

I've always liked you Fro...BTW I'll be in Branson this weekend for my Great Grandmother's 100th Bday. Any particular part of Misery you would like me to pee on during my trip??!?!

:corndance

j/k

you can do your #1 in Branson. Never really cared for it much & as an extra bonus, MO tourism numbers show NE is responsible for Branson visitors almost 3 to 1. so you are peeing on your fellow huskers. :laughpound

have a safe trip and congrats to your grandma. Thats quite the milestone! :thumbs

Jock and I had a fine convestation about two different teams and one player. Both of us were completely civil with one another and both made valid points. We both shared our opinions and why we felt that way.

Jeez I leave for a couple hours and this thread turns into chaos :lol:

I will agree that me and you were have a very civil conversation and I don't think either of use got heated. I was just defending McNeil thats all. I didn't intend to make McNeil look like a stud, just pointing out that he could be a threat in our passing game.

BTW McNeil only had one catch for 25 yards a freshman so thats a huge improvement during his sophmore year. I just figured he'd have stellar year his junior but wasn't utilized correctly....it almost seems like Watson forgot he was still on the team in 09'.

I don't mind Fro being posting here and I even decided to make him a Mizzou sig because I like the guy. Love Love

Jock and I had a fine convestation about two different teams and one player. Both of us were completely civil with one another and both made valid points. We both shared our opinions and why we felt that way.

I will agree that me and you were have a very civil conversation and I don't think either of use got heated. I was just defending McNeil thats all. I didn't intend to make McNeil look like a stud, just pointing out that he could be a threat in our passing game.

BTW McNeil only had one catch for 25 yards a freshman so thats a huge improvement during his sophmore year. I just figured he'd have stellar year his junior but wasn't utilized correctly....it almost seems like Watson forgot he was still on the team in 09'.

I don't mind Fro being posting here and I even decided to make him a Mizzou sig because I like the guy. Love Love

Respect buddy. :cheers

and i like you too... :wub:;)

Respect buddy. :cheers

and i like you too... :wub:;)

Okay guys. That's about enough of that.

I was pretty surprised to see N picked at 8 as well. Pleasantly surprised, for sure. I think we should be in the 11-14 range, simply based on the fact that we still haven't beaten 2-4 quality, ranked opponents during a full season. furthermore, we always seem to lose to someone that, on paper we should beat (TT, ISU)...until we prove it this year, even if we're 'favored' I just won't be flying my "Preseason #8" flag. Even if we started at around 13, though, I think schedule wise we'd be inside the top 10 in a matter of weeks.

Fro, I certainly haven't read your responses and turned into a Tiger fan, but I have gained some insight into Helu v Washington v Murray and what McNeill really means to our team (certainly statistically, not as much as i'd thought); so thanks for looking up those stats. The GT arguement for me boils down to this: they play in the ACC. Not such a great conference. They will win a bunch of games.

I am surprised that you don't bring up Gabbert in your defense of a good 2010 outcome. I really think he is pretty good, certainly the class of the b12 north this year, if not 2 or 3 in the whole league. Still, you have Stinkel as your coach and not much momentum heading into 2010, I would say not deserved of a top 25, but that's just me....

I was pretty surprised to see N picked at 8 as well. Pleasantly surprised, for sure. I think we should be in the 11-14 range, simply based on the fact that we still haven't beaten 2-4 quality, ranked opponents during a full season. furthermore, we always seem to lose to someone that, on paper we should beat (TT, ISU)...until we prove it this year, even if we're 'favored' I just won't be flying my "Preseason #8" flag. Even if we started at around 13, though, I think schedule wise we'd be inside the top 10 in a matter of weeks.

Fro, I certainly haven't read your responses and turned into a Tiger fan, but I have gained some insight into Helu v Washington v Murray and what McNeill really means to our team (certainly statistically, not as much as i'd thought); so thanks for looking up those stats. The GT arguement for me boils down to this: they play in the ACC. Not such a great conference. They will win a bunch of games.

I am surprised that you don't bring up Gabbert in your defense of a good 2010 outcome. I really think he is pretty good, certainly the class of the b12 north this year, if not 2 or 3 in the whole league. Still, you have Stinkel as your coach and not much momentum heading into 2010, I would say not deserved of a top 25, but that's just me....

Yeah. A lot of NU fans despise Gabbert. For obvious reasons. But the kid is incredibly talented. That's why we recruited him.

In response to one of fro's original comments...

Actually I can't recall a single game that Suh won or almost won single-handedly last year.... nope. Pretty sure our secondary was covering the texas recievers including shipley and suh wasn't busting down the door every snap. But that's ok people can believe what they will. Year 3 of Bo's system and most on this board agree that we can beat any team and look to be favored in most if not all at the start of the season. How many disagree with being favored in all our games? I think a few could go either way but if we feel that strongly about this team then why SHOULDN'T they be ranked high? Sure by our lofty standards they're not the NU of old but look around the country. There's no team that is. We are being ranked against all the teams THIS year. I have no problem with spots ranging from 15-5. I see this defense good enough to be there and defense is far more important than offense. Let's face it....

1 we have strong players on both sides of the ball (many teams have questions at qb and still make a BCS bowl)

2 we have a strong coaching staff (mostly)

3 we have a favorable schedule

4 we are coming off our first shutout in forever and a 10 win season

Throw any team this year up against those standards and we're right up there with the top. We could fall on our face. Who knows but what we do know is what is being judged and most of the "experts" put us high. Our standards just seem to be higher.

Actually I can't recall a single game that Suh won or almost won single-handedly last year.... nope. Pretty sure our secondary was covering the texas recievers including shipley and suh wasn't busting down the door every snap. But that's ok people can believe what they will. Year 3 of Bo's system and most on this board agree that we can beat any team and look to be favored in most if not all at the start of the season. How many disagree with being favored in all our games? I think a few could go either way but if we feel that strongly about this team then why SHOULDN'T they be ranked high? Sure by our lofty standards they're not the NU of old but look around the country. There's no team that is. We are being ranked against all the teams THIS year. I have no problem with spots ranging from 15-5. I see this defense good enough to be there and defense is far more important than offense. Let's face it....

1 we have strong players on both sides of the ball (many teams have questions at qb and still make a BCS bowl)

Throw any team this year up against those standards and we're right up there with the top. We could fall on our face. Who knows but what we do know is what is being judged and most of the "experts" put us high. Our standards just seem to be higher.

in regards to the bold part; not to mention, we got some serious sacks and pressure when SUH was on the sidelines in that game. i have watched that game a lot (it seems to be the only game ESPNU likes to show) and the defense did not miss a step when SUH was on the sidelines, and that stands for the whole season. SUH was an incredible, irreplaceable player, but the sum will be greater than the parts this year. finally, SUH was no where near as good as a sophomore as CRICK was last year. i know people say, 'CRICK was so good because of SUH', but still, CRICK can handle himself.

in regards to the bold part; not to mention, we got some serious sacks and pressure when SUH was on the sidelines in that game. i have watched that game a lot (it seems to be the only game ESPNU likes to show) and the defense did not miss a step when SUH was on the sidelines, and that stands for the whole season. SUH was an incredible, irreplaceable player, but the sum will be greater than the parts this year. finally, SUH was no where near as good as a sophomore as CRICK was last year. i know people say, 'CRICK was so good because of SUH', but still, CRICK can handle himself.

You can say this until you're blue in the face, but other teams' fans won't grasp it until we smack them in the mouth. If teams to go into games against us with the belief that our defense is going to be a shambles because of the loss of Suh, all the better for us.

You can say this until you're blue in the face, but other teams' fans won't grasp it until we smack them in the mouth. If teams to go into games against us with the belief that our defense is going to be a shambles because of the loss of Suh, all the better for us.

you are right. it is just irritating. SUH was incredible, but it did not hurt that we had a lock down secondary. defense is not like offense, one player cannot dominate on defense; clemson's offense is in much worse shape without spiller (sorry cacti, but it's true) because an one offensive player can make an offense. SUH was dominate in his position and against o-lines, but without a strong secondary, that does not mean much. it is a symbiotic relationship, SUH got help from a lock down secondary, and our lock down secondary got help from a dominating front four; it is simple football.