Top 6 receivers

1. Niles Paul - no question

2. Brandon Kinnie - He's #2 until someone shows they can displace him

3. Mike McNeil - I think he's going to be utilized in more of a hybrid role, so it's hard to put him on this list. I see him as being a separate piece of the offense.

4. Cure Gills - All the talent but none of the production so far, and a bad bowl game burning in his memory...sort of like Niles entering his junior year. Time to step it up!

5. Khiry Cooper - Making the strides. Excited to see him produce.

6. Quincy Enunwa - If they're serious about playing him already, it must be a good sign.

7. Stanley Jean-Baptiste - JUCO receiver without redshirt year figures to get his looks. I made this list 7 because of McNeil.

Good call on Baptiste, especially since no option to take RS year.

I'm guessing Gilmore means 6 receivers in the regular rotation so I figure these are it. People have been excited over Henry's 6'5 or 6'6 height for the longest time...but he was that tall when he got here. I don't know if there's any indication that he will be able to jump onto the list, but it is his last hurrah, so let's hope he gets to showcase his height at least once this year, probably in an early garbage time game.

I've been fawning over WH for, well, since we signed him. And he's done nada so far. But THIS could be the year he SHINES!!

Paul and Kinnie seem to have the best chance to produce when we are playing serious competition. I don't think McNeil will contribute much as a wideout and will go back to tight end. It's impossible to say how important the freshman wr can be until a real game. My biggest concern is the ability of our qb to put the ball where it needs to be. If we are rightfully going to feature the running game, we need enough of a passing game to burn a defense that loads up against the run. I don't know if we have that or not but I hope we do before conference play.

I don't really see the parallels, but I don't know much about Will Henry except that he's probably an upstanding member of the team.

Brooks, we had heard about his talent for years while he struggled for one reason or another to break into the lineup. Injuries, consistency, run blocking, or whatever it was. Henry, we haven't heard anything about other than repeated references to his height. That's the big difference, IMO.

I don't really see the parallels, but I don't know much about Will Henry except that he's probably an upstanding member of the team.

Brooks, we had heard about his talent for years while he struggled for one reason or another to break into the lineup. Injuries, consistency, run blocking, or whatever it was. Henry, we haven't heard anything about other than repeated references to his height. That's the big difference, IMO.

All true. And Brooks and Henry are definitely not the same type of receiver. I'm just saying not to completely write Henry off as some here are suggesting.

3. Mike McNeil - I think he's going to be utilized in more of a hybrid role, so it's hard to put him on this list. I see him as being a separate piece of the offense.

4. Cure Gills - All the talent but none of the production so far, and a bad bowl game burning in his memory...sort of like Niles entering his junior year. Time to step it up!

6. Quincy Enunwa - If they're serious about playing him already, it must be a good sign.

7. Stanley Jean-Baptiste - JUCO receiver without redshirt year figures to get his looks. I made this list 7 because of McNeil.

i agree with this list the most....

execpt 4,5,6 can all be intertwined together or could be lumped together... i'd like to think QE is a dark horse in all of this... and i'm very interested to see what SJB can do.... honestly i dont feel to good with our 4 5 guys and hope they either step up or face some competition from QE and SJB... its a shame cause i know those guys are really stand up guys and super positive... they just gotta work on the consistency and butterfingers... HELL thats what 1,2,4,5 all need to work on!!!

I'm guessing Gilmore means 6 receivers in the regular rotation so I figure these are it. People have been excited over Henry's 6'5 or 6'6 height for the longest time...but he was that tall when he got here. I don't know if there's any indication that he will be able to jump onto the list, but it is his last hurrah, so let's hope he gets to showcase his height at least once this year, probably in an early garbage time game.

I read on rivals that learning curve is really kicking SJB's butt right now. But I could see him working his way up as the season progresses, a la Brandon Kinnie.