Big Ten teams WANT Nebraska as a (the) rival

huKSer

Barry wants NU. Iowa fans want us. I've been on M and OS boards and they tend to want to play NU. Don't know, but I think PS would like to play us every year.

Why?

Could be the excitement of something new

Or. . . .

My sneaky suspicion is that they think Nebraska will boost their "poll rep", but they think Nebraska really isn't going to be that tough. Put it this way, none of the top tier teams are running away from us.

Thoughts?

I know that myself and many other Iowa fans I know want to play Nebraska every year to settle it on the field. Yes we are fully aware that we could end up just facing an annual beatdown - but given what Ferentz and Pelini have done with their programs I think it will be a good game most years. I know many Nebraska fans look down on Iowa because of the vast difference in our respective overall histories but I am hopefull that the last decade under Ferentz is more indicative of what we are going to be on a yearly basis moving forward into the future. I personally think that we will end up winning about 1/3 over the long term but I would certainly be happy with closer to 50% :)

Barry wants NU. Iowa fans want us. I've been on M and OS boards and they tend to want to play NU. Don't know, but I think PS would like to play us every year.

Why?

Or. . . .

My sneaky suspicion is that they think Nebraska will boost their "poll rep", but they think Nebraska really isn't going to be that tough. Put it this way, none of the top tier teams are running away from us.

Thoughts?

What gives you the impression that the other teams question how tough a Nebraska game would be? Is it from the message boards? Most boards I've read are giving us respect as a contender.

Why?

Or. . . .

Thoughts?

What gives you the impression that the other teams question how tough a Nebraska game would be? Is it from the message boards? Most boards I've read are giving us respect as a contender.

When talking division splits, there are posts like ". . . yeah, but with those divisions we (some Big Ten team) will never get to the championship game . . . "

And its not the one with Nebraska in it

Why?

Or. . . .

Thoughts?

When talking division splits, there are posts like ". . . yeah, but with those divisions we (some Big Ten team) will never get to the championship game . . . "

Thanks for clarification, I guess those posters are in for surprise.

Teams I want NU to play? I like to see us play:

Wisconsin, Iowa and Penn State: All top notch programs, might become rivalries.

Michigan: Great historical program, even thought they suck right now.

Illinois: Selfish reason——would be the closest game for me to drive to.

Purdue: I’ve just always liked Purdue. Thought about going there to undergrad.

As for Ohio State——Great team, but tOSU just doesn't excite me for some reason. Maybe I have an undiagnosed aversion to sweater vests. I’d rather meet them in the conf championship. And since I’d prefer Ohio State in the other division, I would want Michigan in the other division also—so as not to break up the tOSU/MU rivalry.

/jmho

As for Ohio State——Great team, but tOSU just doesn't excite me for some reason. Maybe I have an undiagnosed aversion to sweater vests. I’d rather meet them in the conf championship. And since I’d prefer Ohio State in the other division, I would want Michigan in the other division also—so as not to break up the tOSU/MU rivalry.

Isn't Ohio State's style of play closest to Nebraska's style?