Best Guess on Texas kickoff time

I bet people who enjoy NASCAR can defend it almost as heavily as soccer fans defend soccer.

I'm with you though. However, I also realize it's a cultural thing. My entire family (for the most part) thinks NASCAR is "a waste of time", ergo we never watch it. Same reason I never watched soccer in my family: nobody likes it.

Soccer has a worldwide following. NASCAR does not. Please don't compare the two.

HEY GUYS:

if the game is a 2:30 game, then it will probably be dark by the time the game ends anyway, so at least we will have that going for us too, since normally our games take a while to complete.

Night games at Memorial stadium are ridiculous, and the recruits would be nuts about it

HOWEVER, they will like the game and its time no matter what it is for for the reason above, they will experience the night game part of it as well.

But either way, as long as we come out with a win we will get at least 50% of the kids who are at the game

I was really hoping for a night game. Bummer.

This isn't “official," but it's about as close as you can get concerning TV coverage of Big 12 football and kickoff times.

The Oct. 16 Texas at Nebraska game is on track to be televised on ABC at 2:30 p.m.

“That's the most likely scenario," a person with direct knowledge of the situation said Friday.

That deep into the season, the Big 12 television partners pick either 12 days or six days before a game, and slot them into morning, afternoon or evening windows. Those parameters will apply to Texas-Nebraska.

But here's why ABC at 2:30 p.m. looks like the spot:

• Many fans assumed the game would be played in prime time. But ABC is committed to showing NASCAR's Bank of America 500 in Charlotte, N.C., at 6:30 that night.

• There is no crossover ESPN evening window available to the Big 12 that night.

• ABC has very few 11 a.m. national windows this season, and it has given no notice that it would open such a spot on Oct. 16.

That leaves ABC with its 2:30 p.m. time slot with the first selection, and Texas-Nebraska is clearly the Oct. 16 game of the day.

Again, it's not official. Don't schedule your wedding around it. But 2:30 p.m. looks like the time.

– Lee Barfknecht

http://www.omaha.com/article/20100827/BIGRED/708279855#best-guess-2-30-kickoff-for-texas-nu

Ummmmmm......... So this game is gonna go against Michigan/Iowa and be a regional telecast game!!!!???!!!? Nice way to go Big 12.

Also on the Big 12 TV schedule it says the ESPN windows are flexible and can be moved. Im not saying Lee is wrong or I am right, but this doesnt sound right at all.

college football tv schedule

big 12 tv windows

Not to sound like a Debbie Downer, but I like 2:30 games more than night games bc I parttake in the tailgating aspect possibly a little too hard and by nighttime I'm a mess. So 2:30 isn't that bad for me. Anyone with me?

Huskers playin' - I'm there. When they played in Hawaii and Japan I was listening/watching into the wee hours of the night. The god early cotton bowl I was there. Thursday night against Thursday - you guessed it, i am there.