Just re-watched V.T. highlights

Forgot how Roy just ran wild in that game. That was when our O-line was fairly healthy. I can't believe people discredit him these days. Rex is good and I like him but Roy would be Heismen worthy with a full season healthy and healthy line. Our offense will surprise the sea of doubters and straight haters(Cough Mizzou).

Also, I noticed Prince shows his speed running down and tackling one of the top running backs in the country, burning for over 1600 yrds last season, in Ryan Williams. Prince however, was the cornerback when Taylor threw the game winning TD in the final seconds.

The only thing I remembered was the heartbreak at the end of this game, which is probably why I don't remember much of it.

Prince just about deflected that pass away too. It was literally a matter of inches (or milliseconds if you go by timing). Craziest finish.

Not only that, he was in coverage for at least 10 seconds and was still right there, any better coverage and it would have been PI most likely. Just a great play by VT.

Forgot how Roy just ran wild in that game. That was when our O-line was fairly healthy. I can't believe people discredit him these days. Rex is good and I like him but Roy would be Heismen worthy with a full season healthy and healthy line. Our offense will surprise the sea of doubters and straight haters(Cough Mizzou).

Also, I noticed Prince shows his speed running down and tackling one of the top running backs in the country, burning for over 1600 yrds last season, in Ryan Williams. Prince however, was the cornerback when Taylor threw the game winning TD in the final seconds.

The only thing I remembered was the heartbreak at the end of this game, which is probably why I don't remember much of it.

this is why i believe we need helu to do what he should have done last year

The game was on ESPN classic on Sunday 8/29. I missed it, but was it this game where the WR broke free for a reception to the 2 because of blown coverage, then VT gets the TD and Pelini takes off his headset and throws it away behind him?

The game was one of those heart breakers where we played to win most of the game, then made a mental mistake at the end which cost Nebraska dearly.

The game was on ESPN classic on Sunday 8/29. I missed it, but was it this game where the WR broke free for a reception to the 2 because of blown coverage, then VT gets the TD and Pelini takes off his headset and throws it away behind him?

The game was one of those heart breakers where we played to win most of the game, then made a mental mistake at the end which cost Nebraska dearly.

Yes; the VT wide receiver runs an out and up. The NU corner hands him off to the safety, who unfortunately is preoccupied with the other side of the field and is not around to cover the VT WR when the NU corner releases him. The VT WR runs free, the QB hits him and it's off to the races. Given the game situation, it's still hard to believe the safety made this bad a mistake. It's got to drive coaches crazy.

Yeah Matty made a horrible mistake on that play.. but he manned up to it and I think it actually went a long way in helping him become the player he became at the end of the year.

You can tell that after that game the kid must have virtually lived in the film room the rest of the season.

was it a horrible mistake, or was it a horrible slip and fall? i thought it was the latter, but i could be wrong.

Yeah Matty made a horrible mistake on that play.. but he manned up to it and I think it actually went a long way in helping him become the player he became at the end of the year.

You can tell that after that game the kid must have virtually lived in the film room the rest of the season.

was it a horrible mistake, or was it a horrible slip and fall? i thought it was the latter, but i could be wrong.

Y'know, people bag on O'Hanlon for that play. But props to Matty for keeping his head up... Blackshirt has it right.

If Guillylen makes that catch in the 4th qtr (when he had NO ONE around him), chances are we're not having this conversation because we leave Lane with a W.

Y'know, people bag on O'Hanlon for that play. But props to Matty for keeping his head up... Blackshirt has it right.

If Guillylen makes that catch in the 4th qtr (when he had NO ONE around him), chances are we're not having this conversation because we leave Lane with a W.

i wasn't being hard on him, i just was not sure. that is not the kind of game you can blame a single player or play.

I didn't see much of a slip, and even if there was a slip I think he was way out of position when he did. I obviously don't know their exact assignments on that play but it looked to me like O'Hanlon simply screwed up by looking in the back field and getting distracted from his actual coverage assignment. It didn't seem like VT did anything tricky.

i wasn't being hard on him, i just was not sure. that is not the kind of game you can blame a single player or play.

SD'SKER: I wasn't saying that you were, really. When I hear people talk about that loss, they usually pick out O'Hanlon. That's just what came to mind.

I'm not sure exactly, either. He could've slipped.

Forgot how Roy just ran wild in that game. That was when our O-line was fairly healthy. I can't believe people discredit him these days. Rex is good and I like him but Roy would be Heismen worthy with a full season healthy and healthy line.

People discredit Roy simply because of the continuous injury problems. Being held out of consecutive bowl games because of knee problems and going two straight years with consistent shoulder problems isn't a great sign.

Thankfully with the coming along of Burkhead and Robinson, Helu should be able to stay healthy throughout the year.