I am glad we lost to Texas last year.

It gave the team something to fight for this year. It gave us all one thing, one united hate. We got jobbed, and i think the team is better off because of it.

Think, we beat Texas, lets say we get beat in our bowl game, is there excitement for this year?.. maybe, but i dont know if it is as much of the "we're mad as hell, and aren't going to take it...us against the world...AINT NO STOPPING US NOW" mentality.

I hate to lose but i think that loss did so much more for this year.

discuss(rip me apart..)

It gave the team something to fight for this year. It gave us all one thing, one united hate. We got jobbed, and i think the team is better off because of it.

Think, we beat Texas, lets say we get beat in our bowl game, is there excitement for this year?.. maybe, but i dont know if it is as much of the "we're mad as hell, and aren't going to take it...us against the world...AINT NO STOPPING US NOW" mentality.

discuss(rip me apart..)

I understand your sentiment, but a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

discuss(rip me apart..)

Nah, buddy, nothing wrong with what you said. I think the resentment we bear towards Texas, the officials, and the conference itself (remember all those 11-1 votes?) should work in our favor this last season. My only fear is that we won't utilize that resentment and effectively use it throughout the WHOLE season. That, and the fact that getting too aggressive could result in a litany of those personal foul flags we all love so much... Let's just hope Bo keeps the guy playing hard, but clean.

• Fire 1

discuss(rip me apart..)

I understand your sentiment, but a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Similar sentiment to our "Unfinished Business" motto heading in the '94 season. And we all know how that turned out, so obviously it's worked for us before. I'll only be OK with that loss to Texas if we produce results similar to what we did in '94. Then, and only then, I'll be "glad" about any loss.

I'm glad we lost as well, it gave a burning hate for the Universoty of Texas that cannot be replaced by any other team in this country. Plus the fact that it made this team hungry, hungry for not only revenge, but for a title and that will carry them along way.

edit: Iowa has a chance to replace Texas.

It would have given the fanbase (not necessarily the team and coaches) some confidence that we can beat a highly ranked team

It's been a long time since we beat a highly ranked team that there is still a 'can we do it' sentiment in the fanbase

So I guess I wish we had won that game to give me more confidence that we can win the big ones