New Coaches Poll is out

ADS

we have less unanswered questions than most top ten teams.

This is why I'm not upset about our ranking right now. We haven't been up this high for years and years, and it's easy to think we're overranked (and we might be), but bottom line is, there hasn't been that much to be impressed about from other schools so far.

Until we start showing serious signs of trouble, we have an improved offense that seems capable of moving the ball and we have a defense that looks decent and which is coached by one of the best defensive minds in the game today. There's a lot to like with that combination.

This is why I'm not upset about our ranking right now. We haven't been up this high for years and years, and it's easy to think we're overranked (and we might be), but bottom line is, there hasn't been that much to be impressed about from other schools so far.

Until we start showing serious signs of trouble, we have an improved offense that seems capable of moving the ball and we have a defense that looks decent and which is coached by one of the best defensive minds in the game today. There's a lot to like with that combination.

highest ranking since 2002, its safe to say that there is alot of confidence in Nebraska from the media and coaches.

I see we're still rated higher than we should be...still too many questions.

did you think we were going to drop in the rankings?

I agree. But 6 and 7, wow, that's pretty high.

no doubt, but it is what it is. we just need to focus on the game ahead of us, and nothing else matters. just win baby.

Yes, there certainly is. I think the BigRedMachine is very close to being "back".

Yes, there certainly is. I think the BigRedMachine is very close to being "back".

if by back, you mean we can compete with anyone, i think we are. if by back you mean we will dominate every game, not even close.

if by back, you mean we can compete with anyone, i think we are. if by back you mean we will dominate every game, not even close.

Well actually, right between those two. Other than the 1995 team, no NU team dominated every game.

But yeah, I think we're very close to a typical very tough TO team. Or will be soon this year. Maybe too much kool-aid? :koolaid2:

We'll see!