Why Ne will Win Easy against Washington...

TRIPP

"Our attention to detail needs to pick up. Our attitude needs to pick up, and our standards need to pick up," he said. "We'll get that fixed. We'll be fully ready as a football team to go to Seattle. I promise you that." -Bo Pelini

Honestly guys, we are THE NEBRASKA CORNHUSKERS!!! I know this game turned out to be sloppy, but we did win. Its only game 2. Our Defense will keep us in any game this year, and having a home run play maker as QB with Martinez, we will have some kind of offense to play with. Bo wont let us down. He knows what football means to the state and fans, and you can see it in his eyes that he wants that NC trophy back in Ne. I said it in another thread, but ill say it again. I think this away game in Washington will be good for the players. Sometimes i think playing at home gets the team too pumped up, and we lose our heads trying to make the big plays all the time. I predict a cool, calm, and collective offense, and a fierce, down your throat defense next week. With that being said...Ne wins easy.

"Our attention to detail needs to pick up. Our attitude needs to pick up, and our standards need to pick up," he said. "We'll get that fixed. We'll be fully ready as a football team to go to Seattle. I promise you that." -Bo Pelini

Honestly guys, we are THE NEBRASKA CORNHUSKERS!!! I know this game turned out to be sloppy, but we did win. Its only game 2. Our Defense will keep us in any game this year, and having a home run play maker as QB with Martinez, we will have some kind of offense to play with. Bo wont let us down. He knows what football means to the state and fans, and you can see it in his eyes that he wants that NC trophy back in Ne. I said it in another thread, but ill say it again. I think this away game in Washington will be good for the players. Sometimes i think playing at home gets the team too pumped up, and we lose our heads trying to make the big plays all the time. I predict a cool, calm, and collective offense, and a fierce, down your throat defense next week. With that being said...Ne wins easy.

Carefully man, theres a such thing as confidence and then theres a such thing as cockiness

I am only slightly nervous about Washington. More concerned about Texas and AM and Kansas State (Thursday night games don't always work out too well for the higher ranked team). We need more efficiency in our passing game and hold onto the ball and all will be well.. You are right, the defense will keep us in most of the games.

very true, i just trust Bo not to let things get out of hand. Plus its not like Washington is dominating their games. Just cause they got a Pro QB doesnt mean they are worth being nervous about. Im not big on stats and all the detailed stuff, but whens the last time Jake Locker had to play against a Defense like Ne. Yes our offense was sloppy today, but our Defense does what it needs to do, and with a couple big plays on Offense we will come out on top. I just cant wait to see some Nebraska football on TV. this listening to live feed stuff sucks!

very true, i just trust Bo not to let things get out of hand. Plus its not like Washington is dominating their games. Just cause they got a Pro QB doesnt mean they are worth being nervous about. Im not big on stats and all the detailed stuff, but whens the last time Jake Locker had to play against a Defense like Ne. Yes our offense was sloppy today, but our Defense does what it needs to do, and with a couple big plays on Offense we will come out on top. I just cant wait to see some Nebraska football on TV. this listening to live feed stuff sucks!

I think it will take a good month to be able to see this team truly come together. In the NFL you've got guys who don't graduate and as a whole the core of the team stays together from one year to the next. Obviously not the case in college. Give them a month to iron things out. Of course this is not exact but the first 2 or 3 games are when I think you see college teams get comfortable and find their identity.

The jury is still out on whether our defense will keep us in any game. Martinez...aside from the fact that he is incredibly small, is going to start seeing faster defenses. I see him getting hurt at some point. I see him getting passes batted down. Our offensive line is still over rated in my mind. Sean Watson is definitely over rated..period. Quite frankly...I think we'd be better off with someone other then Barney Cotton coaching the O-line. And last but not least...have you been watching Alabama-Penn State? Now there is an offensive line.

The jury is still out on whether our defense will keep us in any game.

Disagree. I get the run defense is a little worrisome at the moment, but that will be fixed. The secondary looked good today and we got pressure on the qb. Sure they moved the ball against our backups, but good for them, they are our backups. The defense may not be AS good as last year, but it will still be damn solid.

Yeah I agree that our defense will keep us in our games, but shouldn't we be passed that? We don't want to be a 2009 repeat. "Offense sucks but our defense keeps us close". We need to evolve beyond that. Our offense needs to step it up and quit making mental and stupid mistakes. We need to go "Oregon" on their butts and roll up 700 yards! :)