Did we lose today?

macroboy

Wow, people.

I could be wrong but I really don't think we will average 8 fumbles a game for the rest of the year.

We got really sloppy but if the game was closer I really doubt that would've happened. Good to get it out of the way in preseason.

We have a young QB who is gonna make some mistakes but he is also a home run threat. Last year we just had the mistakes.

Last week our pass rush was non-existant and our defense was gonna struggle all year. The wrist cutters were saying "well it was Western Kentucky. That will never work against Idaho. They're way better." Really? Seemed OK to me.

Now we are getting "that will never work against Washington they are way better than Western Kentucky and Idaho." hmmm. I think UW lost to BYU who got crushed by Air Force today.

Last week we were making fun of OU bc/ of Utah State, now they are gonna kill us in the CCG if we even make it there.

It's early. There's lots to work on. Next week will be tougher than the previous 2. We knew that when it was scheduled. Can the pendulum not swing so hard chicken little?

Wow, people.

I could be wrong but I really don't think we will average 8 fumbles a game for the rest of the year.

We got really sloppy but if the game was closer I really doubt that would've happened. Good to get it out of the way in preseason.

We have a young QB who is gonna make some mistakes but he is also a home run threat. Last year we just had the mistakes.

Last week our pass rush was non-existant and our defense was gonna struggle all year. The wrist cutters were saying "well it was Western Kentucky. That will never work against Idaho. They're way better." Really? Seemed OK to me.

Now we are getting "that will never work against Washington they are way better than Western Kentucky and Idaho." hmmm. I think UW lost to BYU who got crushed by Air Force today.

Last week we were making fun of OU bc/ of Utah State, now they are gonna kill us in the CCG if we even make it there.

It's early. There's lots to work on. Next week will be tougher than the previous 2. We knew that when it was scheduled. Can the pendulum not swing so hard chicken little?

I feel better about the team after this week than last. We had so many opportunities to score but just shot ourselves in the foot time and again. It's not like Idaho was stopping us. I would be a lot more concerned if that were the case. Penalties and fumbles are correctable. Time for Bo to focus more on the offense in this week's practices.

our biggest problem is that we have been blowing out teams in the first half and lose all intensity in the second. that will change. two things to consider, BO coaches the team up to be better every week, and we have been playing vanilla on defense and experimenting/getting experience on offense. we are 2 and 0, all is well in husker nation.

Friends of the Husker faithful, did you not see all the players today? Why do we care if we won by 21pts. I care that we played so many. This team needs to build depth if it is going to return to the glory that is Husker football! Rejoice! From what I have seen of Washington, it will be a beat down and we will enter conference play 4 and 0 and Texas will be our b**t**.

I think the big issue here is that outside of the 2nd quarter, we scored 10 points. In some ways this game is a lot like the Missouri game last year. The big difference is that last year, we were happy to have the win. If we played like that this year, we wouldn't be satisfied.

It was a sloppy win and brings up concerns of our team losing intensity. I think that is the prevailing issue in our first two games. I'm ok with this though, cause we have one of the most intense coaches in college football. I can't think of anyone else that I would rather have to fire up our players.

at first, i was along the lines of fire watson, offense sucks, etc...but looking back, im getting exactly what i wanted...a threat on offense that was more than a punter. growing pains are to be expected, and in all honesty the benefit of tmart has been nothing short of amazing. the guy is head and shoulders above the pedestrian lee, passing game be damned. the only true concern i have are some of the cutesy stuff, especially when it involves the inexplicable senior niles paul.

Im reserving judgement on the state of our offense till we play KState. Last year we rolled through the first 2 opponents then we played VTech, thats when the wheels started to come off. Then we played ULL and everything was fine. Then Mizzou hit and everybody was calling for watsons head.

I saw some good things and bad things im gonna leave it at that.

at first, i was along the lines of fire watson, offense sucks, etc...but looking back, im getting exactly what i wanted...a threat on offense that was more than a punter. growing pains are to be expected, and in all honesty the benefit of tmart has been nothing short of amazing. the guy is head and shoulders above the pedestrian lee, passing game be damned. the only true concern i have are some of the cutesy stuff, especially when it involves the inexplicable senior niles paul.

Ha ha! "The inexplicable Niles Paul." Oh that rings so true. The guy is a freak-of-nature athlete, team leader, runs like the wind. And yet he makes boneheaded freshman mistakes nearly every game. Inexplicable.

Ha ha! "The inexplicable Niles Paul." Oh that rings so true. The guy is a freak-of-nature athlete, team leader, runs like the wind. And yet he makes boneheaded freshman mistakes nearly every game. Inexplicable.

Yeah that just has a nice ring to it. Seriously he is one of our best weapons....I think everyone kind of goes ballistic after a game. It's our nature as fans to see perfection but after a day or less we usually calm down and look at the rest of the league and see we're fine. But the people getting upset about our complaining should've been reading shaggybevo during their game yesterday. :) "We're ****ing texas we deserve a better coordinator..."

So far the most encouraging thing is that the eye-popping issues from last week seemed to be well corrected, which in turn have exposed others. Now they'll get corrected. By K-State this could be a rolling team.

k-state worried me more before the season started then they do now. they are extremely one deminsional and they havent play anybody. yea they beat ucla, who happend to get shut out by stanford! and k-state didnt seal the win against them until late in the game. when the huskers pull into manhattan the wildcats are gonna run into a top 10 team who is rolling and they are gonna have a rude awakening. dont forget bo doesnt like coach snyder after they ran the score up on us that one year, and he will have his team ready to play

I had a guy ask me friday if the team we saw in the wku game was really a top ten team, i said "the whole game no, the first quarter, yes" So i say the same about yesterday, the team we saw in the first half is the one we will see throughout the year, hopefully minus the offenses turnouvers and unfinished drives. Tho the diminishing focus that has taken place throughout these to blowout wins is a little concerning, i really dont think it's gonna happen in a four quarter game. I think we should also look away a bit about it after the year they had to go thru last season with week after week coming down to the final second. There will be improvement, so i will not worry until we get up on washing 35-0 at halftime and then only win 35-17. dedhoarse