New polls are both out

JTrain

For what is shown on the field so far, I think we and Florida are overrated. I just don't get putting us so high when there is so many offensive questions and team injuries. But I guess we'll have a better idea next week.

You can play that game with just about any team in the Top 10. Take Oklahoma last week for example. Does a good performance against FSU negate their prior week's shoddy performance against Nobody U? Does that make them better than Nebraska beating down a couple of cupcakes? Should Texas be there after their less-than-stellar Week 1 (and 2) performance? Should Florida even be rated if their QB can't handle the snap? Shouldn't Boise have been able to crush VT--or is James Madison REALLY THAT GOOD TOO???? Etc etc.... :facepalm:

I just hope Boise is not given special treatment ...... the same thinking that applies to Nebraska should apply to them over the next few weeks. My wife is a Oregon State student so I am a Beaver fan 2nd to the Huskers, I hope they (the Beavers) can end this Bronco problem for all of us. (I doubt it). My point is that Quality victories do matter and I hope Boise is not exempt from this standard. 100th post .... do I get a cookie.

Edit by rawhide: only an oatmeal cookie mmmmmmgood

• Fire 1

Sure most teams get better as the season goes on. The point is boise beat tech before they lost to james madison not after so VT should've improved and either didn't or did and james madison played better than boise (doesn't matter as they shouldn't lose to FCS school anyway).

I think OU should be higher than Texas. Stupid preseason rankings always give the wrong starting positions. OU had a tough game one (but they were in charge early on so they probably just let off the gas). Texas hasn't been very impressive in either win at least OU crushed a ranked foe...

I just hope Boise is not given special treatment ...... the same thinking that applies to Nebraska should apply to them over the next few weeks. My wife is a Oregon State student so I am a Beaver fan 2nd to the Huskers, I hope they (the Beavers) can end this Bronco problem for all of us. (I doubt it). My point is that Quality victories do matter and I hope Boise is not exempt from this standard. 100th post .... do I get a cookie.

I'm not counting out OSU against BSU. Clearly Va Tech isn't as good as we thought, and Oregon State has had a knack for the upset in the last 5 years or so....

fwiw....i am suprised that Oklahoma isnt ranked ahead of us also. they look better than we do right now IMO.

i agree. BAMA and tOSU are the clear 1 and 2, but a lot of teams could make an argument for no. 3 (of those teams, bsu has the weakest argument). oklahoma probably has the strongest argument, but we just need to keep winning and all will be well.

Boise's win over VA Tech is getting some fresh looks. They had eight first-place votes last week and only one this week in the AP poll. They lost 91 points overall. They are not getting a free ride per se, but they will have a pretty easy road into the MNC game from here on out. If VA Tech can't stay in the top 25, that will seriously hurt them, though.

For what is shown on the field so far, I think we and Florida are overrated. I just don't get putting us so high when there is so many offensive questions and team injuries. But I guess we'll have a better idea next week.

You can play that game with just about any team in the Top 10. Take Oklahoma last week for example. Does a good performance against FSU negate their prior week's shoddy performance against Nobody U? Does that make them better than Nebraska beating down a couple of cupcakes? Should Texas be there after their less-than-stellar Week 1 (and 2) performance? Should Florida even be rated if their QB can't handle the snap? Shouldn't Boise have been able to crush VT--or is James Madison REALLY THAT GOOD TOO???? Etc etc.... :facepalm:

I care very little about who beat who, I am concerned with 8 fumbles and 10 penalties. It matters more to about execution then win margins. I think we're overrated at this point. We have potential, but perfect seems to be further in the distance then I orginally thought.

and everyone knows that VT purposely lost to JM to piss off Boise State. j/k

Well after what I saw on Saturday, Nebraska did deserve to drop a few spots, now if this was later in the season I guarantee we wouldn't have dropped at all, that's just how it works. It's early in the year so the pollster's are skeptical of everyone, just look at OU last week they dropped a few spots, and now they are back ahead of us with a good game.

Now thinking of what we have done since Pelini came to be head coach, we really don't go out and run up the score on anyone, even though we could/should. It always seems like we start to take it easy on the other team, and I think that's just the type of guy Pelini is. People want to go around saying that we just stopped being so fierce because we got far ahead and they get cocky and don't think they need to try hard.

To me that is totally wrong, yes mistakes against Idaho doesn't look good, but there was nothing spectacular on the play calling showing that we were trying to actually get more points after going up 31-0/31-3 at halftime. This early in the season there really isn't reason to go and murder a team just because we can, as much as us fans would like to see it.

But why start going all out when you can keep your players rested, and leave room for improvement, when we really don't have to go and try all that hard against these so-called cupcake teams. Early in the season style points don't matter as much as they do in conference play or against the top 25.

So does the showing against Idaho worry me, no and yes, no because we knew we were going to beat them but yes because the mistakes (penalties, and turnovers). But really you watch how easily we were able to get the ball down the field when we looked like we were trying, there was no way they ever had a chance.

This Washington game WILL prove a lot only because its our first away game against a well known team(not necessarily a good team). I really don't think we will have a problem, and we won't have a problem until we play A&M and to me i think we will still win. But I am probably high on :koolaid2: but HUSKERS really have a good chance to run the table this year, at least the Big 12.

Go Big Red

fwiw....i am suprised that Oklahoma isnt ranked ahead of us also. they look better than we do right now IMO.

Ditto. In addition Oregon is overrated. They beat a really bad Tenn team last night. If NU goes out to Washington and takes care of business like they should, they stand a great chance to leap frop Oregon. From here on out, the polls are 100% in NU's hands. It's up to the team and coaches to get it done.

I'm not counting out OSU against BSU. Clearly Va Tech isn't as good as we thought, and Oregon State has had a knack for the upset in the last 5 years or so....

Thanks for the optimism, I’m a big Rogers Brothers fan and I hope they beat Boise. On a different note I like going to games in Corvallis, it’s a cool town. I still save the Kool Aid for the Huskers.