Best individual matchup of the week

Yahoo! Sports

Best individual matchup of the week: Washington WR Jermaine Kearse vs. Nebraska CB Prince Amukamara

Kearse, a junior, is one of the more underrated receivers nationally. He has 14 receptions this season, and four have gone for touchdowns; he has 10 TD receptions in his past six games. Kearse has great size (6 feet 2/205 pounds) and good speed, and is a big-play guy. But Amukamara is the best cornerback he will see this season. Opponents shy away from throwing to his side, but Amukamara still has three pass breakups this season and has five picks and 14 breakups since the beginning of the 2009 season. Washington must get some big plays from Kearse or it has no shot at upsetting the Huskers.

Also from the same page:

Player Under the Gun:

Washington QB Jake Locker

Although Locker almost certainly will get taken early in the first round of next year's NFL draft, he still hasn't turned Washington into a winner. Locker's Heisman campaign took a hit when Washington dropped its opener to BYU, but he gets another chance to deliver a signature win Saturday against Nebraska. His task won't be easy. Nebraska picked off five passes and recorded seven sacks last week against Idaho. Locker must try to keep the ball away from Thorpe Award candidate Prince Amukamara.

To bad for Washington the guy with a red N on a white helmet on the other side of the field locking down their #2 receiver ain't to shabby himself.

On top of that, they have to deal with Gomes flying around all over the field. :)

I'm a huge Gomes fan. The guy is a ball hawk. Unfortunately for Washington the noise will not be a factor for our D.

The Husker's have to have the best secondary in the nation by far. These guys are really incredible. Who is that guy that coaches them? :lol:;) Sanders seems to fly under the radar as far as coaches go but he sure gets the secondary at the top.

Again I do hope we don't have to swallow any Crow when claiming vast superiority over a program that has played two legit FB teams while we paid teams to come to Lincoln for a whuppin and had issues in both games. This is the first game of the year that we are not paying to be a scrimmage beat down. While I believe we have superior athletes on an overall basis, we have done noting zero nada zilch to confirm that superiority this season. Why not simply wait and see what kind of a team we have rather than claiming we are a great team after beating two payed bozos and Wash Is crap?? I've eaten my share of humble pie this decade as a Big Red fan, why set it on the table early??

syracuse legitimate? Idaho would take them to the woodshed.

Then why did we have to pay Idaho and Wash not pay Cuse? Stumper?? If you are right Saturday it won't even be close to a contest and we will put their lights out In the first quarter. Why not wait and let the team prove it?

not much of a stumper at all to a common college football fan. you dont pay out for home and homes. washington ventured to syracuse in 2007. idaho was a one way ticket.

Then why did we have to pay Idaho and Wash not pay Cuse? Stumper?? If you are right Saturday it won't even be close to a contest and we will put their lights out In the first quarter. Why not wait and let the team prove it?

not much of a stumper at all to a common college football fan. you dont pay out for home and homes. washington ventured to syracuse in 2007. idaho was a one way ticket.

If you don't understand the difference in a paid beat down and a home and home series; I can't help you.

If you don't understand the difference in a paid beat down and a home and home series; I can't help you.

you must be confused billy ball... mmmtodd laid it out perfectly for you

also, idaho won its bowl game last year.