3 out of 5 on CBS Sports Pick UW?!?!

Husker Z

This isn't too surprising. The more surprising thing for me is why we are ranked in the top ten currently, given our terrible offense last year and huge defensive losses at least on paper. We have gotten no credit for beating two cupcakes on our schedule that we paid to come to Lincoln, nor should we. That last game was a big disappointment.

This oft heard excuse that "Bo plays up to the opposition and Washington (any damn game for that matter) isn't a big game".. is just lame. He will have this team as ready and motivated as he possibly can get them. Count on it.

One area that has not been settled is whether the offense we are so excited about--TM directed running game--will work against better competition. I don't know that it will and neither does anyone else. That is likely why the three guys are not believers in a Husker Victory. Until we show this offense can control the ball and score without turnovers against legitimate BCS programs, nobody knows where we stand. A good showing and a convincing win will erase that doubt.

I couldn't agree with you more. We have yet to show anything, except that we had huge expectations coming in, and we have been very inconsistent against less than average opponents.

Time to put it all together, and quiet some of the detractors.

What's up with Dodd's animosity towards us?

It's simple:

Dodd is always an idiot. I have a fantasy baseball team on Sportsline so I glance through his articles sometimes. He's the worst kind of sensationalist journalist there is. If he can be controversial he will, just for controversy's sake. I find very little of merit in any of his articles, and if you read the comments attached, about 90% of the people who read them agree. Take his "reincarnation of the 2001 Heisman winner" comment. I have no doubt that one fan somewhere said that, but the majority of us think Martinez is young and untested and that he'll cost us through errors. Yet Dodd chooses to focus on that comment in his 50-word spiel rather than the rational comments that abound. Typical Dodd. Typical nonsense.

Time to put it all together, and quiet some of the detractors.

Screw the detractors. How about quieting me, a fan? I'm concerned about our inconsistencies, and I don't care about our detractors.

There are flashes of brilliance from this team on Offense, Defense, Special Teams and Coaching. Let's see all four phases come together and wallop a team, then I'll be happy.

ESPN insider has this "game predictor" tool thing that has UW as a 56% to 44% favorite too. I'd say a lot of this has to do with the fact that we've been pretty plain so far. When Carl starts dialing up the fancy packages it's gonna be fun. I'm worried, but not terribly worried. I still say we win this one.

ESPN insider has this "game predictor" tool thing that has UW as a 56% to 44% favorite too. I'd say a lot of this has to do with the fact that we've been pretty plain so far. When Carl starts dialing up the fancy packages it's gonna be fun. I'm worried, but not terribly worried. I still say we win this one.

I agree with GMoose, we have been pretty plain thus far. Not too worried, except my buddy is going and he each year they go (4 brothers) on their trip- we lose. Last victory for them was Notre Dame... that seems like a long time ago, and can you believe we had had a total; of 3 coaches since then?

I think everybody(fans and so called experts) are giving them wayyyyyy to much of a home field advantage. Steve Sarkisian(sp) was one of Pete's boys, so naturally the experts wanna believe Washington is back and be able to beat a top 10 team. Little do ya know if they look at the facts, Nebraska has played BETTER on the road than at home the last two seasons. Last year, one true road game lost to VTech(1 pt) and 2 home losses that were absolutely embarassing.

Still think NU wins by 3 touchdowns at least.

Young inexperienced line backers, NFL Top prospect QB, WKU putting 300 yards of offense on us.

It is easy to see why some would pick against us. Most of us would if it were KState in the same situation.

We have a lot to prove, to the country, the love affair has fallen off since the season started.

I think we win this game, but if we have problems getting to Locker, it is going to be a very long afternoon.

Our running game needs to eat up the clock, and I think we can do that.

Would anyone agree that sometimes we play down or up, depending on our competition?

Terrible turnovers versus Iowa State, yet beat a decent Oklahoma team and play Texas to 00:01 but yet we then absolutely throttle a decent Arizona team?

Seems like we have just been so dominant early on, we let up in the 2nd half, and the other team scores points, and some of Idaho's points were set up by stupid turnovers, maybe that's the reason the line is so close or that people are buying into Locker without anything else to really back it up, except he is a media darling?

Would anyone agree that sometimes we play down or up, depending on our competition?

Terrible turnovers versus Iowa State, yet beat a decent Oklahoma team and play Texas to 00:01 but yet we then absolutely throttle a decent Arizona team?

Seems like we have just been so dominant early on, we let up in the 2nd half, and the other team scores points, and some of Idaho's points were set up by stupid turnovers, maybe that's the reason the line is so close or that people are buying into Locker without anything else to really back it up, except he is a media darling?

i agree. and washington has gotten a lot more attention this year (mostly because of locker), the picks for these early games are mostly popularity contests, and right now uw is more popular. pac 10 is up for grabs and it makes a better story to focus on them.

we win, by at least 17.