Both polls now out

JTrain

We are in a pretty sweet position. We need to win out, and i think the posibility is there. To help our cause we are going to need to paste a couple teams ala UW. If we can take down UT and then make an impressive run to the end of the season we should be in position to play for the MNC. Lets hope the injury bug doesnt bite.

i personally do not think Sarkisian voted us #1. i dont have the quote, but he said something along the lines of "they (nebraska) aren't that much better than us, we just didn't perform". obviously a coach cant go out and say, "yeah nebraska is way better than our team, we suck" but it seems like he didn't give us much credit. bo wouldn't vote us #1 yet either. i wonder who it was.

there could easily be 6 undefeated teams at the end of the year. a big 12 team, 'bama, tOSU, tcu, bsu, and maybe even oregon. that means that even after the bcs games, there could still be 3 undefeated teams. i know it is a long season, and a very unlikely scenario, but what a travesty if it does play out that way. there should never be more than one undefeated team at the end of the year.

oh, and... knapplc will make a flawless observation about this post in three, two, one...

there could easily be 6 undefeated teams at the end of the year. a big 12 team, 'bama, tOSU, tcu, bsu, and maybe even oregon. that means that even after the bcs games, there could still be 3 undefeated teams. i know it is a long season, and a very unlikely scenario, but what a travesty if it does play out that way. there should never be more than one undefeated team at the end of the year.

oh, and... knapplc will make a flawless observation about this post in three, two, one...

There could be, but there won't. A plus one system would be nice but the BCS is better than the old system, where even the top two teams didn't get to play a lot of the time. But either way, there is a lot of football to be played, and some of these teams that may look like juggernauts still haven't played a single top 25 caliber team (Nebraska,Oregon and maybe even OSU come to mind).

The season is long. Just look at Iowa. So many of there fans seemed ready to fast forward to November where both them and Ohio St. would clash at 10-0. Next thing you know they're down 27-7 at halftime against Arizona. Their O-line was completely exposed (30 yards rushing) and all of the sudden the rest of the Big 10 games don't seem so simple.

The chances of there being more than three undefeated teams (maybe four if TCU and Boise both make it) are very slim. But Boise and/or TCU won't make it to the title game over unbeatens from the BCS conferences anyway.

In my opinion Nebraska Unbeaten will rank higher in the BCS polls than and Undefeated TCU or Boise State if we go undefeated in the regular season and then beat an Undefeated Oklahoma in the Big XII championship, or simply whomever we play and if we win the Big XII Championship. What a way to finish out our final year in the Big XII.

in your opinion? its a 100% fact that we'd be ranked ahead of them. there will be some voters that have TCU and Boise ahead of us, but the computers and MOST voters will have us

I think we can all agree that Boise St. is a good team. Probably a very good team. Are they one of the top 5 or even 7 or 8 teams in the nation, IMO no. Yes they beat an overrated Vatech, and smoked a crappy wyo team. Lets hope the Beavers beat them up and we dont have to hear about them in the national title conversation anymore this year. Gives us the chance to move up another spot in the polls. so maybe the top 5 next week can look like this:

1. bama

2. tOSU

3 .Oregon

4. tcu

5. NU