Thank You Husker Fans!

Husky1192

I just wanted to personally thank all the Husker Fans who made the trip to our beautiful city and attended the rout on Saturday. Everyone from the Husker nation I encountered was courteous, gracious, understood the game of college football and displyed a genuine passion for the best sport on this planet. I had the privelage of entertaining some decent LSU folks last year, but they did not possess the same level of class.

I sat with my father on the south side stands and he made the comment about the sea of red in the upper deck and the endzones, laughing in disbelief. The atmosphere was electric and rivaled a bowl game, more than a decided home field advantage.

To wrap this up, what an experience on the shores of the Lake Washington with the weather cooperating, beer flowing at the tailgate, the noise deafening and the privelage to witness how a top-10 football program gets things done. I was at the 1992 UW-Neb as a naive teenager, and I feel fortunate to be able to appreciate the pagentry of college football from a much deeper perspective.

The majority of knowlegable Husky fans are dissapionted with being annihilated, but we did not expect to win in the first place. Locker and the team will bounce back against USC.

Best of luck in your run through the Big-12 and please dispose of Texas with as much indiscretion as possible.

• Fire 7

Thanks Husky1192- You can rest assured that Husker nation will have the Huskies' backs for the rest of the season. Sark is a good coach and better days are on the horizon for you all. While I don't expect a "Sea of Purple" next year I hope some Huskie fans make it down. Lincoln is a nice little town and we love to host our college football brethren. Oh and please beat USuCk

This is exactly why I like U-Dub fans. My brother-in-law is also a Huskies fan (born and raised in Seattle) and he and I have been going back-and-forth for weeks about the game. We spoke all day long during the game, but when everything was said and done, he congratulated us on looking really good and taking home a deserving win.

Thanks for the kind words. I wish more schools had fans like U-Dub. Best of luck with the USC game in a few weeks, I will be cheering for the Huskies!

Thanks for the kind words. Best of luck to the Huskies the rest of the year. :thumbs

On a completely different note, Husker Nation's presence in Seattle was probably a boon to the local economy last week. Some outsiders might hate Husker football, but they love it when our fans invade their cities to spend $. We travel so well that we're bound to bail you out of a recession. :lol:

I live in Everett, Washington and I was telling Husker fans leading up to the week of the game that Husky fans are a great bunch of fans. They didn't disappoint. It was a friendly environment with classy fans.

i was really really impressed with seattle.. i used to go there a lot as a kid but of course they way you see it in your youth compared to when your a grown up is way different... i find it to be clean, green (all the bums did look like straight outta '93 which was rad-complete with grunge/riot grrlll/early 90s punk hair cuts), epic BEER and GREAT FOOD, also some nice tattoo shops..... and some hot chicks

i'll admit i had one 'incident' with a seattle person but he was not a husky fan directly.. most husky fans were nice and there was the occasional banter but all in good fun...

great great GREAT time... wish i could come back again for a fam vacation sometime in the future.......