What T-Mart is doing is extremely surprising

I am from Southern California and saw T-Mart play several times in person and on TV out here and his performance as a Husker is drastically different then that as a High Schooler. He was the 3rd or 4th best play maker on his High School team and their offense was not nearly as Dependant on him as the huskers. I just found it interesting that he is becoming so dynamic in college. But i am sure glad he is turning out the way he is.

and their offense was not nearly as Dependant on him as the huskers

What?????

Cody Green

Zach Lee

=

Could have lead this team over the first 4 teams and a BIG 12 N title/BIG 12 TITLE

IMO.

IDK why you think we are dependant on him?

Paul

Rex

Helu

The Offensive line

Mcneil

we have play makers all over.

Because we have been dependent on his ability to run the ball to be as explosive as we have been this year. I agree any QB leads us to the north title this year, but we are dependent upon him to be the national contenders that we are.

and their offense was not nearly as Dependant on him as the huskers

What?????

Cody Green

Zach Lee

=

Could have lead this team over the first 4 teams and a BIG 12 N title/BIG 12 TITLE

IMO.

IDK why you think we are dependant on him?

Paul

Rex

Helu

The Offensive line

Mcneil

we have play makers all over.

Because we have been dependent on his ability to run the ball to be as explosive as we have been this year. I agree any QB leads us to the north title this year, but we are dependent upon him to be the national contenders that we are.

No doubt about it.

I'm sure there's more to come from this offense, but the thing that makes it work so incredibly well is Martinez' uncanny ability to run the zone read to perfection. He was made for the zone read, can't say that about Green or Lee. They're serviceable with the zone read, but they ain't no Speedy Martinez.

I don't think we've been DEPENDENT upon him, but he has made our offense very explosive. I think we would do just fine, albeit in a very different way, without him. Of course, might not do as well.

We're easily a far, far, far more productive & explosive offense with Tmart than with the other two. "Might" not do as well with the other two??

lol! Yeah, the sun "might" rise this morning....

What I'm sayin, bshirt, is that we have a lot of weapons on this offense. It is hardly going to collapse without Taylor. We'd put in the next guy and chug right back at it with Roy, Rex, Niles, McNeil, Kinnie, and the OL. Far, far, more explosive? We have more explosion, for sure, but to say we are dependent upon him for the offense is really pushing it. What do you think is going to happen if Martinez goes down, then? Should we mail in the season because we are going to produce disastrous offensive performances?

You really love Taylor that much ;)

Taylor is one fun, exciting, and deadly way that allows our offense to produce. He isn't the rock that the offense stands on, that prevents it from collapsing. Don't take that as a criticism. It's a good thing, about our offense. I'm more surprised to hear that he didn't make his entire HS offense go.

I am from Southern California and saw T-Mart play several times in person and on TV out here and his performance as a Husker is drastically different then that as a High Schooler. He was the 3rd or 4th best play maker on his High School team and their offense was not nearly as Dependant on him as the huskers. I just found it interesting that he is becoming so dynamic in college. But i am sure glad he is turning out the way he is.

T-Mart didn’t exactly languish his senior year at Corona

Centennial, the no. 2 high school football team in the nation.

Yds....TD....Pct....Yds....TD....Int

Who were the two or three guys more productive than T-Mart at Centennial?

T-Mart didn’t exactly languish his senior year at Corona

Centennial, the no. 2 high school football team in the nation.

Yds....TD....Pct....Yds....TD....Int

Who were the two or three guys more productive than T-Mart at Centennial?

I'd like to know that too, those are some pretty stout numbers he put up.

I don't think we've been DEPENDENT upon him, but he has made our offense very explosive. I think we would do just fine, albeit in a very different way, without him. Of course, might not do as well.

We're easily a far, far, far more productive & explosive offense with Tmart than with the other two. "Might" not do as well with the other two??

It has been a very dynamic offense and something of a surprise to opponents. Before assuming we are the greatest because of TM's play, I would caution you to look at how well we looked under Lee in the pre-season against the sunbelt and in our bowl against AZ. If you compare those four games to the three we have played this year, the competition and the great results are strikingly similar. It was in the conference when the O really had it's struggles. Let's hope this O continues the dominance in conference.

i think it just looks like we are dependent on t-mart because he is so explosive and has so many big plays. thus far, he could have beat any team by himself. but we have a lot of playmakers on the field with him, that helps. not too mention, i have been most impressed with our wide outs' downfield blocking and yac.

It has been a very dynamic offense and something of a surprise to opponents. Before assuming we are the greatest because of TM's play, I would caution you to look at how well we looked under Lee in the pre-season against the sunbelt and in our bowl against AZ. If you compare those four games to the three we have played this year, the competition and the great results are strikingly similar. It was in the conference when the O really had it's struggles. Let's hope this O continues the dominance in conference.

While the results are similiar our O this is is on a completely different level. Zenitram gives our offense a completely different dynamic. His ability to freeze defenses with the threat of being a homerun threat from anywhere on the field opens up every other player to have a greater chance at success. Lee did not have that ability last year with his feet or his arm. Zenitram will break off several more long runs this year and will kill D's with his superb ability to fake a handoff. Once he gets his pocket prescense down he is going to be absolutely stellar. There have been a few times he has been sacked where he could have taken off for huge chunks of yardage, a guy with his type of speed should rarely be sacked, he will learn.

• Fire 1

Zac Lee and Cody Green are both very good QBs, but TMart fits what Bo and Shawn want on offense better than the other two. TMart makes our offense "multiple" in the sense that we have three very quality runners in the backfield. Two of which can take it to the house on any touch. I would not say that we are dependant on him, but he surely is a big part of our offense.