Rob Long votes Nebraska 13 in AP Poll

irafreak

http://www.pressboxonline.com/blog.cfm?id=2752

Few snippets:

Rob Long: From what I've seen of the Huskers -- and I know what they did last week had everybody up in arms -- it's typical of a fan base. You get a little glimmer of hope and justifies where you think you should be (ranked). To me, this week validates everything. Playing against South Dakota State at home in a 17-3 game … that's the equivalent of Maryland beating Towson 17-3 at home; that should never happen.

While I think Nebraska is a favorite to win the Big 12 … I think this is a bad year for the conference. I've been saying all year that the Big 12 was going to suffer an ugly loss, maybe two, and Texas losing to UCLA was one of them. Overall, this is a flawed year for the Big 12, and I don't think right now there are any top-10 teams in the Big 12. \

This is what I do. Let's say all teams are undefeated. I don't look at it like, 'Nebraska started sixth and they're undefeated, you can't drop them down.' Yes I can. I look at all the undefeated teams top to bottom. … Last week, Alabama was at the top of that food chain. I think they can beat all the undefeated teams that are there. I think Ohio State could beat all the undefeated teams except Alabama, and so on. … To me, Nebraska can't beat any of the undefeated teams that are above them. Why rank them above TCU when I think TCU can beat them?

If you ask me who I think will win the Big 12, I'll say Nebraska. But I don't think they'll go about it undefeated.

I've gotten plenty of e-mails, and most Husker fans think either I'm clueless or I'm a Nebraska hater. I'm clueless about a lot of things; college football is not one of them.

So what do you think? Is it true? Can Nebraska really NOT beat any of the teams above them? :LOLtartar

So here are the teams he ranked above us....Hmmmm...he says he thinks we'll win the Conference....but that means we'd have to beat Oklahoma because Texas can't according to his theory so it'll be OU in the title game...but they're above us so we can't beat them but we will according to him. I'm confused.

Alabama

Ohio State

Oregon

Boise State

Florida

TCU

Auburn

Wisconsin

USC

Oklahoma

Arizona

Stanford

So here are the teams he ranked above us....Hmmmm...he says he thinks we'll win the Conference....but that means we'd have to beat Oklahoma because Texas can't according to his theory so it'll be OU in the title game...but they're above us so we can't beat them but we will according to him. I'm confused.

Alabama

Ohio State

Oregon

Boise State

Florida

TCU

Auburn

Wisconsin

USC

Oklahoma

Arizona

Stanford

Yeah, that doesn't make sense. But polls at this point of the season are virtually meaningless. Nebraska's still ranked 6th in both polls even with this guy. If they do their thing and keep winning, it'll be fine.

Alabama

Ohio State

Oregon

Boise State

Florida

TCU

Auburn

Wisconsin

USC

Oklahoma

Arizona

Stanford

I would say Florida, Wis,USC, Ariz, Stanford, we would probably be able to handle. The rest, we will see how the next 2 weeks go.

GBR!!!

Alabama

Ohio State

Oregon

Boise State

Florida

TCU

Auburn

Wisconsin

USC

Oklahoma

Arizona

Stanford

I would say Florida, Wis,USC, Ariz, Stanford, we would probably be able to handle. The rest, we will see how the next 2 weeks go.

GBR!!!

I would say Nebraska over Florida, Wisconsin, Arizona and USC from what I have seen so far. Nebraska on the same level as Stanford, Auburn, and Oklahoma. I think there is a clear separation of the top 5 with the rest of these teams, but I think you could rank these teams 6-13 in any order and not notice it. I think the writer is fair for the most part at this point in the season. If Nebraska beats SDSU 70-3, this isn't even a topic.

Alabama

Ohio State

Oregon

Boise State

Florida

TCU

Auburn

Wisconsin

USC

Oklahoma

Arizona

Stanford

GBR!!!

I would say Nebraska over Florida, Wisconsin, Arizona and USC from what I have seen so far. Nebraska on the same level as Stanford, Auburn, and Oklahoma. I think there is a clear separation of the top 5 with the rest of these teams, but I think you could rank these teams 6-13 in any order and not notice it. I think the writer is fair for the most part at this point in the season. If Nebraska beats SDSU 70-3, this isn't even a topic.

In my delusional, :koolaid2: drinking world, we did! Don't bring me back to reality just yet...

Eh. He seems reasonable enough for now. Time will tell.

If Nebraska's the only undefeated team at the end of the regular season and he still has them ranked 13th, then yeah he's clueless and a Nebraska hater. But for right now, whatever.

Exactly, if we keep winning then everything else will take care of itself.