What do we do with Spano?

typ3kal

We seem to have 3 more qualified QB's in our system. I would argue that Carnes is a better athlete and QB than Spano so he's looking at being 4th again next season.

When he gets up to strength do we keep him around as a QB or do we move him?

He came in at 205 and I heard the staff beefed him up to 220/225 before his injury.

Do we move him over to defense? TE etc?

Nothing. The guy is a QB who has two blown out knees, you don’t move him to another position because he won’t see the field there either.

I would assume since we supposedly have 2 more QB’s coming in the fall and are only losing 1, leaving us with 6 they never plan on him playing.

Give him a clipboard and a free education and help him prepare life after football.

Nothing. The guy is a QB who has two blown out knees, you don’t move him to another position because he won’t see the field there either.

I would assume since we supposedly have 2 more QB’s coming in the fall and are only losing 1, leaving us with 6 they never plan on him playing.

Give him a clipboard and a free education and help him prepare life after football.

:yeah

GBR!!!

Where do some of you get these ideas? Are you high when you post threads like this one?

Spano is a QB and I highly doubt he'll be moved to another position and like somebody else wrote I highly doubt he'll see playing action at all because of blowing out his ACL.....TWICE.

We'll keep him healthy for the full 2010 season and continue that for the 11' season and could see limited action in 11' if healthy.

I really feel terrible for this guy and I cant help but wonder if he should have been at practice last fall after his injury in the spring.

That said NU dosent exactly have a QB position stacked with experience. I hope he gets a shot.

Agreed - I believe Martinez will keep the starting job but I don't think Spano is out of the picture. After the bowl game last year, did anyone believe Martinez would start first game of the year, especially with Green and Lee coming back? I don't think with Bo's "everyone competes" mentality should every rule out Spano as a backup QB. The knee injuries and Martinez's emergence are not good omen's, but I don't believe we rule him out.

We seem to have 3 more qualified QB's in our system. I would argue that Carnes is a better athlete and QB than Spano so he's looking at being 4th again next season.

When he gets up to strength do we keep him around as a QB or do we move him?

He came in at 205 and I heard the staff beefed him up to 220/225 before his injury.

Do we move him over to defense? TE etc?

The one I'd think drops off is Cody Green. Martinez will return as a sophomore and Carnes as a redshirt freshman for next season. They would be the top two. Green is just not there as a thrower (and... neither is Martinez) or as a runner (Martinez can run)or as a leader (makes too many mistakes and is seemingly not very calm or focused --- whereas Martinez is calm and focused... though is, as well, prone to mistake... not as bad as is Green though). So... I'd see Greens future as being a backup forever. His only real chance to play is this year --- and then only if Martinez is injured. Next year, both Martinez and Carnes would have to go down to injury... and maybe Spano too... for Green to see the field.

As for Spano... he would almost have to be better than Green, I'd think. That is, of course... if he can be healthy enough to show what he has. Word is that he is the best passer of the bunch. That counts for something.

If anyone is to take a position switch it should be Green. To what position? Not sure. WR perhaps?

could place him on the